Giants Request interview with Babich for DC job(EDIT: Packers and Dolphins as well)

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would like to see Babich get his shot here

Agreed. Dude has done tremendously well with both DBs and LBs.

You don't let quality talent walk when you have an open position for him that you could use to save him.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed. Dude has done tremendously well with both DBs and LBs.

You don't let quality talent walk when you have an open position for him that you could use to save him.

Babich may want to be a DC for an offense minded head coach rather than continue learning from a defense minded coach but not getting as much credit.

12 hours ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

Trying to be objective here.

He also had Poyer and Hyde in their prime when they were fully healthy and available.

Then inherited Milano and Tremain Edmunds in their prime.

So is he one of our best coaches, or luckiest?

Bernard looks great. LB unit was fine vs KC other than McD having AJ cover Kelce. 

So if I'm Babich and were offered the job with Giants and offered the same promotion in Buffalo would have to decide which is better.  In Buffalo will always be answering at some level to Mcd, kind of same issue Frasure had. With Giants could be a one year job and also have to wonder about all the negative stuff coming out about Daboll.  So which is better option?

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if I'm Babich and were offered the job with Giants and offered the same promotion in Buffalo would have to decide which is better.  In Buffalo will always be answering at some level to Mcd, kind of same issue Frasure had. With Giants could be a one year job and also have to wonder about all the negative stuff coming out about Daboll.  So which is better option?

Using the patient one wins in the end.  Respecting a process usually ends up better in the long run.  

To go from a position coach to having full control of a defense, seems like a very large leap.  He could be the DC here with a defensive coach and learn a lot about playing calling and overall defensive scheme.  With the Giants, he is going to have to figure that all out by himself.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:36 AM, JMM said:

I strongly felt that Babich would be elevated to DC after this year, this will almost certainly now be the case. He's a rising star. UNLESS...Frazier resumes his duties after his " year off"...😜

No way he brings back Frazier. He needs to plant seeds for a better coaching tree. He needs to pass on his defensive philosophy which was passed to him by Johnson in Philly. He will most likely promote him and give him the playbook and make him a disciple. 

All he really has is Daboll, and that's somewhat iffy

11 minutes ago, Gigs said:

No way he brings back Frazier. He needs to plant seeds for a better coaching tree. He needs to pass on his defensive philosophy which was passed to him by Johnson in Philly. He will most likely promote him and give him the playbook and make him a disciple. 

All he really has is Daboll, and that's somewhat iffy

Daboll is not on his coaching tree. He come to us via Belichick by way of Saban. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Daboll is not on his coaching tree. He come to us via Belichick by way of Saban. 

Yeah I was watching the Kiper mock draft and one of talking heads said Daboll comes from the Andy Reid tree, I was yelling at the TV. 

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He was with Saban one year.

He goes all the way back to Michigan State with Saban. Late 90s

• Agree 1

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to Giants Request interview with Babich for DC job(EDIT: Packers as well)
On 1/24/2024 at 10:14 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In Buffalo will always be answering at some level to Mcd, kind of same issue Frasure had. 

Congrats to you sir for coming up with a new incorrect spelling of Frazier!!👍🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Another one for Bobby....

Hope we don’t lose him. The only young up and coming future D coordinator on our staff. I was ok losing him if McD and the entire staff got canned but to lose him in spite of McD would suck

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to Giants Request interview with Babich for DC job(EDIT: Packers and Dolphins as well)

I hate this so much. I should be wracked with nerves over an upcoming Championship game. Instead, I'm worried about losing a LBs coach. But if I'm him, I get out of Buffalo now. Being DC for a HC who just spent a year calling plays is a thankless job with someone looking over your shoulder with each call. I would stay away from Daboll in NY, but the GB and Miami DC jobs are great opportunities. I just wish that he could stay here. I hate losing young coaches.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Why? What exactly has he done other than be a part of the same defense that continues to fail over and over against elite QB's and in the playoffs?

Seriously. Do you do acid?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Why? What exactly has he done other than be a part of the same defense that continues to fail over and over against elite QB's and in the playoffs?

*gestures at Milano, Bernard, Williams, Klein*

On 1/23/2024 at 10:37 AM, GerstAusGosheim said:

He also had Poyer and Hyde in their prime when they were fully healthy and available.

Tremaine Edmunds never had a "prime". he displayed a statistical regression every year since his rookie season. 

On 1/23/2024 at 10:37 AM, GerstAusGosheim said:

Did Edmunds ever have a prime?

Can we encourage him to show up drunk/high for the Packers and Giants interviews.

Then to start the interview with the Dolphins by stating "I believe that Coach's who wear t-shirts that goad the opposing team - like "I wish it were colder" are freaking idiots....

Seriously, Coach Babich deserves an opportunity to advance.

Edited by JoeF

The Bills should promote this guy to DC in title and pay.  McD can still be involved and/or mentor him.  Seems like a rising star in the coaching ranks and the Bills should find a way to retain him, particularly while McD could stand to put more focus into his role as head coach.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He'd be a slam dunk hire for Green Bay.

Agree and I would think it's the most stable job of the 3.

Daboll may be gone if the Giants flounder again. Miami...always a gamble with that ownership too. LaFluer seems to have some stable footing after making the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

He'll be offered the DC job here I'm sure but probably with less play calling room than other places? Will show what he thinks of McDermott 

Depending on his ambitions … he might want to have the responsibility of calling plays to prove himself and not be the second  banana …might not be a reflection on McDermott 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, msw2112 said:

The Bills should promote this guy to DC in title and pay.  McD can still be involved and/or mentor him.  Seems like a rising star in the coaching ranks and the Bills should find a way to retain him, particularly while McD could stand to put more focus into his role as head coach.

That’s a good idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.