I caused us to lose the game

Sorry, guys. It was my fault. Two major errors.

first, I decided to wear my Bruce Smith jersey during the game. The logic was sound, as I was trying to channel the spirit of the 1993 Bills team that beat KC at home during the AFCCG. The problem is that I had not tested out wearing it, and it obviously resulted in the classic reverse jinx.

Second, my one son and I decided not to watch any PAT or FG attempts during the game. We left the room, as my other son reported the result after the fact. Bass must have obviously felt that lack of faith, which caused him to miss his FG.

I am very sorry. I will try better. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I missed two plays during the game cuz I was down in the garage puffing on a cigar.

>The fake punt, where I came back in and could not figure out how they had the ball on our 30.

>The missed FG, which I only knew he missed because I heard my wife yell at the TV.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I missed two plays during the game cuz I was down in the garage puffing on a cigar.

>The fake punt, where I came back in and could not figure out how they had the ball on our 30.

>The missed FG, which I only knew he missed because I heard my wife yell at the TV.

That’s bad. Really bad. 

whatever kind of cigar was smoked, now must never be touched again. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That’s bad. Really bad. 

whatever kind of cigar was smoked, now must never be touched again. 

I quit smoking of all kinds, but I wouldn't mind a good cigar here and there. 

Damn, I was 3-0 with the vintage Bills hat my sister gave me for Christmas. I wore it with a combo vintage Bills T-shirt. Both had the standing Buffalo logo. I left it on the bed and only had the t-shirt on when I left the house to watch the game with my family. My mother immediately asked "where's the hat?" I blew it like a Bass kick.

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Oh man I totally get it I put on my lucky Josh Allen jersey and then, get this, I actually believed McD could out coach Andy Reid

Why on Earth would you believe crappy could do that?  Meant clappy but hey crappy works too 

• Haha (+1) 3

Sorry, y'all, this one was on me. I hang a Bills ornament on my parents' Christmas tree every year. This year we hung it up when the Bills were 6-6. The team promptly went on a winning streak. I made my parents promise me that they would leave the tree up for the duration of the playoffs, because I knew moving the ornament could have catastrophic consequences. Unfortunately, they lied. They took the tree down and I was forced to move the ornament. While the team was somehow still able to beat the Fins and the Steelers, the bad juju from moving the ornament became too much to overcome and the team faltered and lost to the hated Kansas City Chiefs. I will no longer trust my parents in any way, shape or form whatsoever and I promise to do better next year so that we can enjoy a Super Bowl Championship.

• Like (+1) 1

I bet a lot (for me) on KC to try to trick the betting gods since I always lose.

So of course this game my bet comes through. Doh.

I did hedge my happiness, but was totally fine losing $500 If Gods were just consistent.

Then I realized I didn't bet enough. Should have done at least $2,000.

If I had, we would have won. My bad. 

55 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Because two people skeejed the Game Balls thread from me the last two weeks, I started working on it way too early.  I wanted to be ready to post it immediately after the game.  Sorry.  I feel shame. 

Clearly it’s my fault for skeejing one of those game balls threads from you. The ripple effects in the universe were incalculable, swallowing up our D and kicker in its wake—and I sincerely apologize! 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, patzen said:

They took the tree down and I was forced to move the ornament. 

Whew!  I'm glad to know it was your ornament.  For a while, I thought it was mine!  Similar story as yours, and was hesitant to take down the tree as I didn't want to jinx anything.  I removed the ornament around the third quarter of the Wild Card playoff game - during which Pittsburgh pulled within a touchdown - and I promptly replaced the ornament and got us through.

But the tree came down before the Chefs game and I was blaming myself.  Thanks for setting the record straight!  :D

• Haha (+1) 1

I have sat in the same chair for every win this year. I couldn't this week because that furniture was moved to the basement in preparation for new furniture delivery tomorrow. I wanted to watch the game down there, but it is really cold here so I watched the game in a folding chair in the living room. Sorry guys.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Clearly it’s my fault for skeejing one of those game balls threads from you. The ripple effects in the universe were incalculable, swallowing up our D and kicker in its wake—and I sincerely apologize! 🤷🏼‍♂️

You bastard!  🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

It was me.   The lead was changing possession to possession.  Bills by four, Chiefs by three, and so on.   At 8:59 PM, late Q3 or early Q4, I sent the following text to my friend.  Cut and paste.

Three, seven three seven … it comes down to Tyler Bass missing a field goal … i’ll say 44 yarder.

Edited by Neo
  • Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

It was me.   The lead was changing possession to possession.  Bills by four, Chiefs by three, and so on.   At 8:59 PM, late Q3 or early Q4, I sent the following text to my friend.  Cut and paste.

Three, seven three seven … it comes down to Tyler Bass missing a field goal … i’ll say 44 yarder.

oof. 

11 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

No. It was me.

For the first time, I wore my Bills PJ bottoms with my Josh Jersey. Also, I must confess that I had my Bills Boxers on as well.

OR could it have been my altering of my chicken wing sauce?

Crap!

wait, you altered the chicken wing sauce!?!?!?

Farley2.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I am the only Bills fan who frequents our favorite eating and drinking establishment.  When I walked in on Saturday afternoon the owner (a Dolphins fan) looked at me and said, enthusiastically, "The Bills are going to the Super Bowl!"

I think maybe there was too much Woofing going on by Bills fans...me included...prior to the game. Its the same reason why we lost those 4 SBs.

Excerpt from the link:

I am a big fan of the Bills, and I believe that they can go all the way. However, I keep my mouth shut. Do my mere thoughts count as a woof, and am I the reason that the Bills have lost in three consecutive Super Bowls?

No--private thoughts do not apply. Only boasts which are written or
spoken to another person or group of people apply. Thus you are not
responsible for the Bill's failings. The reason the Bills lose in the
Super Bowl is twofold: First, lots of Bills fans engage in large-scale
woofing, and second, the Bills suck. (Cheer up, Buffalo fans. My comment
should aid them a little.)

The link to Woofing details:

https://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-oliver-faq#:~:text=Oliver's Woofing Theorem states%2C in,doomed to LOSE the competition

It's my fault really...I was watching the game with my twin 3 year olds and even let them stay up past their bedtime to watch until halftime.  Pure domination by the Bills.  The minute they went to sleep, the 2nd half turned...

I should have never let them go to bed...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.