Von Miller Earned $3m a Tackle (Approx)

wppete

Von will be back for sure. Coming back off the ACL. He showed flashes of the old Von the last two games. The two playoff games were his best games. Full offseason with no rehab. I think he comes back stronger next season. 

But what they really need is Greg Rousseau to elevate his game. He’s suppose to be the main guy right now to hold down the edge and he hasn’t been that guy they drafted him to be. Defensive end is a major need this offseason next to WR.

Edited by BillMafia716ix
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Von will be back for sure. Coming back off the ACL. He showed flashes of the old Von the last two games. The two playoff games were his best games. Full offseason with no rehab. I think he comes back stronger next season. 

But what they really need is Greg Rousseau to elevate his game. He’s suppose to be the main guy right now to hold down the edge and he hasn’t been that guy they drafted him to be. Defensive end is major need this offseason next to WR.

He will be back but no where near worth the money we paid for him. It was always foreseeable. 

If the commissioner says anything...

If I'm the Pegulas I put Kim on the phone (well, Jessie) and say that they are surprised Gooddel hates women. Dare him to suspend Miller.  Then cut him. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Anyone know the details on this contract?  I know it's been discussed - but can we save any money if we cut him?  

We eat more than just keeping him on the roster inactive. 

With eight months more to rest and rehab his knee hopefully he’ll come back and be productive. I’m not expecting pro bowl level of play, but as long as he earns his spot on the team it’s not a complete waste. 

Just let it play out.  I get it tearing an ACL at 33 is bad and it might take longer to come back or he may never get back.  I saw some things the last two weeks that makes me think he may not be done.   An offseason may be what he needs to get back and be the guy we expected to have.   I would not just throw it out, you cant after all with that contract.  Be angry if you want, the guy tore his ACL and probably came back too early.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I am not happy with this regime and obviously this move did not work out, but the process made sense. They came to the conclusion that the only way to beat Mahomes is to sack him…play coverage and rush 4…that was the plan and it failed because Von got hurt. So here we are. That is still likely the way to beat him. 

That off season the best offensive free agents on the market were Christian Kirk, Allen Robinson and Evan Engram. 
Kirk has been really good when healthy and Engram has been excellent. Allegedly we were in on those guys and they went to Jacksonville. Robinson was a big bust who got cut after one year. 

So again, signing an elite pass rusher coming off a Super Bowl win made a ton of sense at the time, it just hasn’t worked out because of the injury. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am not happy with this regime and obviously this move did not work out, but the process made sense. They came to the conclusion that the only way to beat Mahomes is to sack him…play coverage and rush 4…that was the plan and it failed because Von got hurt. So here we are. That is still likely the way to beat him. 

That off season the best offensive free agents on the market were Christian Kirk, Allen Robinson and Evan Engram. 
Kirk has been really good when healthy and Engram has been excellent. Allegedly we were in on those guys and they went to Jacksonville. Robinson was a big bust who got cut after one year. 

So again, signing an elite pass rusher coming off a Super Bowl win made a ton of sense at the time, it just hasn’t worked out because of the injury. 

May have gotten hurt, in part, because he's 100 years old

I dont get how people just overlook how good Von was before injury and the unfortunate fact he got a bad injury that usually takes a full season of playing to really get back.

I would love to shed the contract too, but lets not pretend Von wasn't playing up to the contract before the injury too.  And lets not pretend that the guy on the field this year is also him fully recovered either, because it wasn't.  Look how bad Tre looked when he got back before he was playing at a much higher level this year before he got hurt again.

Bottom line is he is here one more year, and he can still potentially provide value next year if his last 2 games are any indication.  So people need to just accept he is going to be here and hope that he builds upon the end of this year and has more to offer next year like Tre did this season.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

For better or for worse, we probably are better off keeping him (and his contract) and hoping that he returns to form given the salary cap implications of letting him go. 

The same thing with Diggs . . . provided he and his brother don’t try to be distractions. 

When the Chefs got the ball just before the half with 30 seconds to go, Miller made the play on that screen that normally goes for 30 yards or more.  Rare offensive holding call negated the play and they kneeled out the half, but I don't think they do that if Miller doesn't make that tackle / flag thrown.

When he got hurt and talked about helping with coaching, I got excited... but I've not seen much in the way of improvement with the group.  We desperately need a terror coming off the edge, hoping Miller can be that again next year.  To my eye, he got better week by week and I agree... his best two games were the playoffs.

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It was a desperation move.  The only reason he was signed was because none of Beane's drafted edge-rushers turned into anything reliable or were looking promising.  

But again, that was a high-risk move.  When you take risks and they don't own out, that shouldn't absolute the risk takers.  

For some of reason our drafted players take longer to develop than other teams' top draft picks that develop do.  

This past draft, Beane's 6th, is the sole exception.  

• Agree 1

You can do this with all injured players that have just come back.  People on here did the same thing to Tre White when he came back.  If anything needs to be figured out it's how can we stop getting these long term injuries to the main cogs in this defense.  We will never compete if our best players get injured.  Pre Von injury, with a full year of Milano, Tre White and Daquan Jones absolutely would have been a super bowl defense.

Beane made a big bet on four players: Allen, Miller, Diggs, White. To be fair to him, he couldn't foresee the injuries or the precipitous decline of Diggs. If all of the players he provided, Milano, Benford, Rapp, Bernard, even Gabe included, were on the field Sunday, the Bills would have won in a walk. 

He did his job, especially with the Douglas coup. Only the Miller signing and reliance on Gabe Davis were major mistakes. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

But what they really need is Greg Rousseau to elevate his game. He’s suppose to be the main guy right now to hold down the edge and he hasn’t been that guy they drafted him to be. Defensive end is a major need this offseason next to WR.

Defensive end is not the 2nd biggest need on this team. Yes, I wish we had a Joey bosa, but Floyd/Ep/Rousseau are more than capable. If they go DE anywhere before round 5 I will be pissed !

• Disagree 1

Yeah that stupid ACL kept him from playing most of the season and playing at 100% 

this information about how much Von made per tackle is irrelevant based on the amount of plays he played and the fact he was rushed back to field because of other  injuries along the DL

27 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Defensive end is not the 2nd biggest need on this team. Yes, I wish we had a Joey bosa, but Floyd/Ep/Rousseau are more than capable. If they go DE anywhere before round 5 I will be pissed !

Floyd is an older player and he said yesterday that he’ll go wherever the money is. The Bills don’t have the money right now. So there is a very good chance that Floyd and Epenesa both walk next season. Von is older too. So it’s definitely a need 

• Like (+1) 1

Von Miller was brought here for he sole purpose of shoring up the defense and being a difference maker on the field.It was a crapshoot that failed miserably,he got injured and never regained his footing.I'm old enough to remember back in 1996 when they brought in Chris Spielman with the same idea in mind and he injured his neck never to play a down again.Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.Go Bills!

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, jaab1028 said:

Von Miller was brought here for he sole purpose of shoring up the defense and being a difference maker on the field.It was a crapshoot that failed miserably,he got injured and never regained his footing.I'm old enough to remember back in 1996 when they brought in Chris Spielman with the same idea in mind and he injured his neck never to play a down again.Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.Go Bills!

I’m not going to completely dismiss what he was before the injury. He was a force for us  before he got hurt. Took him a lil longer to recover from the ACL but these last two games, he showed flashes of the old Von. Now he has a full offseason with no rehab. I’ll take my chances on him next year. 

2 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Floyd is an older player and he said yesterday that he’ll go wherever the money is. The Bills don’t have the money right now. So there is a very good chance that Floyd and Epenesa both walk next season. Von is older too. So it’s definitely a need 

Bills need WRs that can stretch the field and catch the ball more than anything. They also need brand new Safeties and a new center that can take over for Morse who is getting up there. They also need to strongly consider getting a new Kicker. IDC if Bass signed a contract, it’s like 1.3% of the cap. It’s too important of a position to neglect. Beane is great at finding late round prospects. I hope they draft a DE in the later rounds who’s rough around the edges w/ good measurables. Another high pick on the defensive line will make me vomit. Roll w/ Von Miller who seems to be somewhat improving and a more experienced Rousseau. I personally think AJE will be resigned. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.