Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

KC scored 27 points on 43 offensive plays. Yep, the fear was real lol. 

Of course, we will never know. Maybe Mahomes fumbles or throws an INT at the end. 

The torture continues. I won't watch the AFC title game next week. The fake MVP (Lamar) vs the real MVP. Yikes.

I get it. It just says a lot about this team and how much weight they put on Allens shoulders.  It’s the right play but we suck on D so it’s the wrong play. Lol

Thats where this franchise is at right now. 😂😂

Edited by BananaB
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

They also gave him underneath option that he had plenty of time to hit. 

That was the 14th play of the drive. That’s an eternity by NFL standards.

Taking the score there is fine.

Otherwise we’re saying “you know what the Bills really needed? A 20 play drive” that’s just not reasonable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

bull####! Totally irrational thinking and a total cheap shot. 

I'll speak for myself. Take a seat and listen. Maybe you can learn something. 

I'm as pessimistic as they come. It is what it is. Perhaps the total collapses of centuries of Bills football has scared my thinking beyond repair. 

Having a pessimistic or optimistic view of the Bills team is neither incorrect or correct. It's a perspective that's subjective. 

I am not playing some sort of hedge game as you imply. Totally ridiculous and unfounded statement that lacks credibility to the max. 

I get no enjoyment when the Bills lose whether I predicted it or not. As a fan, I always want the Bills to win!!! 

I'm not here to play the I told you so card. I give my pessimistic views and try to give some facts and reasonable opinions to back up my thoughts process. I've said often I'm more wrong then right. It's about the Bills not not about me being right. I could really give a crap if I'm right. In fact, I mostly hope I'm wrong because it's often a negative train of thought regarding the Bills. 

Lastly, I'd like to emphasize that being a pessimist doesn't mean I'm any less of a Bills fan. Many here and I suspect you feel otherwise. Sone don't see the glass half full. 

Your post was totally unprofessional and frankly embarrassing. 

What's embarrassing is your attachment to anything negative that happens.  You want me to take back the less of a fan comment, that's fine, I do, but everything else I said I stand behind firmly.  You certainly don't view the glass as half full - I've read a lot of your posts and most of the time you don't even have water in the glass!   

You can certainly be angry after last night's game - everyone is.  There is criticism to go around, that's for sure (although some of the things being criticized are ridiculous).  But to come on here often times after wins and post the things that you and some others do is borderline insane.  You want perfection but it's not gonna happen.  

I have no interest in getting into a back and forth with you about this.  You seem to like to live your Bills fanhood through negativity and pessimism.  I don't understand that train of thought or how that is enjoyable.  Enjoy the offseason 

• Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, BananaB said:

The pass was there, protection never held.  If he goes underneath there is still no guarantee if gets off an accurate pass. No guarantee it doesn’t lead to a missed Bass FG either. 

It’s laughable that the fans are scared to score a TD to early because they are more worried about the D not making a stop.  Says all you need to know about this team and this staff. Also says a lot about what the expectations are for Allen here. Asking him to pass up an open WR in the endzone when you need a TD so you can save a few clicks of the clock.  Who knows if you’ll get another look like that in upcoming plays.  ***** hilarious 

the defense was finally adjusted putting Neal against Kelce at the line.

the script was there on Kelce. When he was struggling in the earlier parts of the year Reed was having Kelce chip block and not come off the line clean. that threw his game off terribly. having Neal do that in the 4th had the same effect.

greetings TBD. Well Im taking all the reactions in from the game last night. 

Pass the tylenol bottle holy cow it's like a hangover except no alcohol was involved.

what is needed is an outdoors activity. Fresh air, sunshine and a physical mental and spiritual break away from football. Yeah that's today I'll be back tomorrow. Im leaving the chat in very capable verbose hands

everybody processes things differently.  Im sad, Im hurting but I am certainly not broken. 

thats all Ive got. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Lol. Obviously, your dislike for him outweighs sensibility. Your post is ridiculous. 

As usual anyone could come up with a better response and analysis than you could provide. You probably think Purdy is an amazing qb. I didn’t say Mahomes isn’t a great qb, just he didn’t do anything special last night. He didn’t need to. The running game and pass protection gave him everything he needed to have a comfortable night. Tell us 5 special plays he pulled off that were game changing requiring hall of fame skills? You can’t and you won’t. Oh and tell me how many drops did he have? Two less drops for Allen an Mahomes goes home a loser.

Edited by Meatloaf63

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

What's embarrassing is your attachment to anything negative that happens.  You want me to take back the less of a fan comment, that's fine, I do, but everything else I said I stand behind firmly.  You certainly don't view the glass as half full - I've read a lot of your posts and most of the time you don't even have water in the glass!   

You can certainly be angry after last night's game - everyone is.  There is criticism to go around, that's for sure (although some of the things being criticized are ridiculous).  But to come on here often times after wins and post the things that you and some others do is borderline insane.  You want perfection but it's not gonna happen.  

I have no interest in getting into a back and forth with you about this.  You seem to like to live your Bills fanhood through negativity and pessimism.  I don't understand that train of thought or how that is enjoyable.  Enjoy the offseason 

Let me correct the record of your inaccuracies once again.

You stand behind accusing people of getting enjoyment out of Bills losses because it makes them right? You can't be serious here? Your thinking may be further detached than I thought. 

I don't want perfection. Stop while you still have limited credibility. It's tumbling downhill quick. I suppose you will stand by that unfounded personal attacks. 

I'm not asking you to understand my mindset not if having this mindset is enjoyable or not. Another poke the best statement. 

Well we can agree on one thing we have no interest in going back and forth. 

The purpose of this was to set the record straight. I'm not going to stay silent when inaccuracies are thrown my way. 

Peace out

Core problem with this team is too much cap space being eaten up by players that aren't producing.

Examples:

Diggs

Knox

Miller

Now that the QB contract has really kicked in, you can't get away without cap efficiency. Bills are the opposite of cap-efficient.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BananaB said:

The pass was there, protection never held.  If he goes underneath there is still no guarantee if gets off an accurate pass. No guarantee it doesn’t lead to a missed Bass FG either. 

It’s laughable that the fans are scared to score a TD to early because they are more worried about the D not making a stop.  Says all you need to know about this team and this staff. Also says a lot about what the expectations are for Allen here. Asking him to pass up an open WR in the endzone when you need a TD so you can save a few clicks of the clock.  Who knows if you’ll get another look like that in upcoming plays.  ***** hilarious 

Totally agree.  Plus Diggs was running to the side of the field Jones was rushing from - not as easy a throw as it looked.  Plus Diggs wasn’t playing as though he was engaged - who knows what happens with a pass in his direction.  Plus there is an alternative reality where Shakir scores and then Bass misses the XP and the Chiefs go down and tie it…

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

As usual anyone could come up with a better response and analysis than you could provide. You probably think Purdy is an amazing qb. I didn’t say Mahomes isn’t a great qb, just he didn’t do anything special last night. He didn’t need to. The running game and pass protection gave him everything he needed to have a comfortable night. Tell us 5 special plays he pulled off that were game changing requiring hall of fame skills? You can’t and you won’t. 

The point just goes way over your head brother. 

Mahomes marched into Highmark Stadium and led his team to a huge win. He orchestrated the win. He was the conductor of the train.

How many times did the Chiefs punt? How do you think their offense looked? Were the Bills able to stop their offense? 

He did what he had to do to win. There doesn't have to be flash plays, big plays, or magical plays. 

He played within himself, had no turnovers, spread the ball around, used his legs, and led his team to a huge playoff victory on road. 

If you don't think that's special I'm not sure what else to tell you. The guy is a winner. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes deserves the accolades. He went into Buffalo and beat the Bills. To imply or diminish this accomplishment is kind of crazy. Mahomes led his team to victory if that includes a Pacheco so be it. 

Mahomes showed the football world why he's the best QB on the planet. What Josh did is an afterthought because his team lost. He will be answering upcoming questions about why he and his team can't sustain consecutive playoff wins. The ghost is appearing on his back. The elephant is in the room. 

Home run. The silence tells you all you need to know. 

The same people will be ramming the McD walks on water narrative come next season. Denial runs deep. 

If you could undo all the trades, and we had Mahomes and Jefferson instead of Josh, Tre and Diggs, would you?

Valiant effort, but the Chiefs were the better team last night. The Bills were running he ball just to keep Mahomes off the field, because they knew the Chiefs could score on every possession. If that's your only chance to win, you are definitely NOT the better team. 

The Bills even caught the one lucky break of the game with the touchback play, but they couldn't make it count. 

Stinks, but not as much as the games where they could have/should have won. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

If you could undo all the trades, and we had Mahomes and Jefferson instead of Josh, Tre and Diggs, would you?

That's a no brainier. I'd do it yesterday. All day everyday. 

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close. He's a winner and I wouldn't doubt if he challenges Brady's ring count. 

Jefferson is an absolute monster. 

Team them both up and I can coach them to the playoffs. Heck, McD might be able to win a divisional round playoff game. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The point just goes way over your head brother. 

Mahomes marched into Highmark Stadium and led his team to a huge win. He orchestrated the win. He was the conductor of the train.

How many times did the Chiefs punt? How do you think their offense looked? Were the Bills able to stop their offense? 

He did what he had to do to win. There doesn't have to be flash plays, big plays, or magical plays. 

He played within himself, had no turnovers, spread the ball around, used his legs, and led his team to a huge playoff victory on road. 

If you don't think that's special I'm not sure what else to tell you. The guy is a winner. 

He's only a winner because of who surrounds him. Same reason as Josh not winning the biggest games. 

Another poor decision made in this game was playing Rasul Douglas.

Go watch all the replays and you'll see him numerous times being exposed as he was slow and unable to move like he could when healthy

Elam should've played over him, and only play Rasul if needed

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

That was the 14th play of the drive. That’s an eternity by NFL standards.

Taking the score there is fine.

Otherwise we’re saying “you know what the Bills really needed? A 20 play drive” that’s just not reasonable. 

They marched up and down the field on the chefs most of the game. Another 2-3 plays is unreasonable? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Budkin said:

We lost because of defensive injuries and got carved up because of them. The end. 

This - the amt of key defensive injuries were ridiculous and not something that any amt of roster depth could cover - and it will be lost to history forever.  Instead we'll just have bills vs chiefs playoff record, and the stupid Mahomes vs Josh head-head playoff record narrative which is intended to imply Mahomes is better but has nothing to do with how well Josh played 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Seventeen said:

He's only a winner because of who surrounds him. Same reason as Josh not winning the biggest games. 

He is winning with very few offensive weapons and two poor tackles. Come on now it's ok to give him his props. I don't care for the guy but I do have to admit his greatness. 

Josh is also great but it will be overshadowed by his playoff losses and lack of SB rings. 

Without the ring he will always be looked at with an asterisk. Right now, he's seen as Mahomes little B. 0-3 in head to head match ups. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and it's not even close. He's a winner and I wouldn't doubt if he challenges Brady's ring count. 

Team them both up and I can coach them to the playoffs. Heck, McD might be able to win a divisional round playoff game. 

Tell you what you can have Pat Mahomes in Buffalo with Rick Dennison, Brian Daboll, and Ken Dorsey calling the plays if I can have Josh Allen tutored by Andy Reid from the beginning. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tell you what you can have Pat Mahomes in Buffalo with Rick Dennison, Brian Daboll, and Ken Dorsey calling the plays if I can have Josh Allen tutored by Andy Reid from the beginning. 

That wasn't the question.

Allen with Reid would produce multiple rings. Allen with McD equals divisional playoff losses. 

So where's the problem? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes was not a sure thing at all coming out of college. He didn't win in the Big 12 and he was coming from the Air Raid offense that had yet to produce an NFL QB. In hindsight, it was a poor decision to trade that pick but at the time the Chiefs took a pretty big risk. The fact that he can sit in the pocket and run through his progressions is a huge surprise because he never did that in high school or college. There is also no guarantee that the Bills take Jefferson. Remember, Jalen Reagor was drafted before him.

The Morning after - and I'm not so mad anymore. ***** happens and I've enjoyed this - very frustrating -  season.

My conclusion is we lost it in the first half, under Dorsey, trying too much to pacify Diggs and losing to terrible teams. The number 1 seed is everything. 

From 6-6 we bust our team up trying to make up ground. It was incredible sequence of vicyories, but to play, effectively, 7 'win or go home' playoff games back to back with no let up , led to injuries and did us in. We couldn't get a moments rest and, personnel wise, that told. 

We didn't lose one game this year by more than 7 points. But that would have changed next week, I think. A healthy, relaxed Baltimore would have gone through us like the Chinese through Tibet. 

Next year it's got to be No 1 seed or go home. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He is winning with very few offensive weapons and two poor tackles. Come on now it's ok to give him his props. I don't care for the guy but I do have to admit his greatness. 

Josh is also great but it will be overshadowed by his playoff losses and lack of SB rings. 

Without the ring he will always be looked at with an asterisk. Right now, he's seen as Mahomes little B. 0-3 in head to head match ups. 

More like McD is owned by Reid.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I appreciate you’re specifically referring to the post season, but taking all games into account it’s 3-4. Basically a 50/50 split between the two.

17 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Prior to the game, everyone was saying the Bills’ roster was better. Especially the receiving weapons. KC’s D certainly wasn’t great last night, and receivers dropped passes and fumbled away a TD. 

3 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Prior to the game, everyone was saying the Bills’ roster was better. Especially the receiving weapons. KC’s D certainly wasn’t great last night, and receivers dropped passes and fumbled away a TD. 

If you count everyone on IR, those who didn't play due to injury and those who played at less than 100%, the Bills roster might be better. 

Edited by Seventeen
  • Like (+1) 1

So I missed the last two playoffs games. Just catching up on things. Sorry about the loss guys.

I'm sure this team is absolutely dejected. Not sure where this team goes but I believe this team needs a pivot. We have some old and bloated contracts.

It's unfortunate, I really wanted to win with these guys, and I thought this year was our best chance to do that. 

Ugh I had a bad feeling, last game of the weekend and all home teams won already.  Usually the odds are one road team wins in divisional round.

Same thing happened in 2022 when the Bills were last game again and all road teams won.

Edited by boco357

33 minutes ago, stevewin said:

This - the amt of key defensive injuries were ridiculous and not something that any amt of roster depth could cover - and it will be lost to history forever.  Instead we'll just have bills vs chiefs playoff record, and the stupid Mahomes vs Josh head-head playoff record narrative which is intended to imply Mahomes is better but has nothing to do with how well Josh played 

Totally agree with all of this.  I'd add bad special teams play as another reason we lost but that was less of a factor than the injuries on D.  I expected a close game and was bracing myself for this sort of outcome.  Very bummed but I guess it's true that only one team and its fans will be happy in the end.  Go Bills and there's always next year!

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Another poor decision made in this game was playing Rasul Douglas.

Go watch all the replays and you'll see him numerous times being exposed as he was slow and unable to move like he could when healthy

Elam should've played over him, and only play Rasul if needed

I saw the only long pass down field him looking slow,  I agree that Elam should have started and maybe just play Douglas in situations

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The only positive takeaway from the season is that our draft was very good and we got some really important contributors out of it.  If Shorter can have a Shakir like rise, watch out. Beane is still a top tier GM and it shows. 

I do feel like this is the ceiling for McDermott. Nothing's going to happen because of the run the Bills went on to win the AFC East. So I've just got to make peace with the fact that our HC is holding the team back. 

Eric Washington is somebody who should be on a hot seat but can't seem to do anything but fail up.  The D-Line was healthy and disappears again, despite an insane level of investment. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

The Morning after - and I'm not so mad anymore. ***** happens and I've enjoyed this - very frustrating -  season.

My conclusion is we lost it in the first half, under Dorsey, trying too much to pacify Diggs and losing to terrible teams. The number 1 seed is everything. 

From 6-6 we bust our team up trying to make up ground. It was incredible sequence of vicyories, but to play, effectively, 7 'win or go home' playoff games back to back with no let up , led to injuries and did us in. We couldn't get a moments rest and, personnel wise, that told. 

We didn't lose one game this year by more than 7 points. But that would have changed next week, I think. A healthy, relaxed Baltimore would have gone through us like the Chinese through Tibet. 

Next year it's got to be No 1 seed or go home. 

Next year is a rebuild year. The only way we get the #1 seed is if McDermott can get decent defensive results with less talent, and we hit on a rookie WR.

The goal should be making the playoffs, possibly winning the division and see what happens after that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Well, sleeping sucked last night, but here's a few of my thoughts - 

We had a chance to win and Josh made some dumb passes at the end and Ofcourse bass sucked. Having said that, this team over achieved the last half of the season. Half our defense was hurt. We have no wide receivers and our number one can't even catch the ball. This was not the team to win it all. However, getting healthy and adding a few pieces and this team can definitely win it all next year. Even if we pulled this game out, I don't think we would've beat Baltimore 

Exactly where I am at. Also, hindsight is 20/20. What if Josh throws to Diggs and he drops again? The narrative would be "Shakir was wide open in the end zone!!!". Yeah, of course in hindsight you can dream about the coulda woulda shoulda's, but if a TD is there for the taking, you take it!! I can't fault him for throwing to a wide open Shakir. Josh did get hit on that throw unfortunately, well, Jones blocked Dawkins into him, which impacted the play, but had that not happened we get the TD. It's so ridiculous for Josh's haters(they know who they are, and I honestly think they love having any excuse to try and diminish him as QB) come out of the woodwork.

I am going to keep it pretty simple here, this team would be a 6-8 wins team every year if we did not have Josh. He elevates them to greater lengths than they would be at if we didn't have him. He was the reason we were in that game at all, and that it was as close as it was, and that we had chances to win it. If you want to nitpick on his last two throws in an otherwise perfect game, have at it, but hindsight is 20/20 and we have no idea what would happen if he threw to Diggs or did some things differently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I appreciate you’re specifically referring to the post season, but taking all games into account it’s 3-4. Basically a 50/50 split between the two.

The regular season truthfully doesn't have nearly the same weight as a playoff game. It's apples and oranges. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.