Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

KC will not be overwhelmed.

They have been in plenty of hostile environments before. It hasn’t been in the playoffs, but they’ve won two SB’s and have been to another.

The Rich Stadium environment will help the Bills more than it will overwhelm KC.

I was at the 13 second game…

same endzone that Josh performed miracles in the 4th quarter.  All I can say is I don’t know how loud it is on the field, but 30 or so rows up… that place was deafening!  When Josh was down there doing his thing… I couldn’t hear anything, the stands were literally shaking making it hard to even see clearly.   I have no idea how the offense could operate in that environment. But they did!!

I hope the Chiefs get a taste of that on Sunday!   I won’t be there, but I hope Bills Mafia brings it and makes it just as deafening and hostile as they made it for our boys!    

We’ve all waited 2 years for this!  Bring it and take no prisoners!!

GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s interesting every other panel I’ve seen 3/4 or 4/5 picked buffalo.  I think this is one of those situations where the bills are the better team but there’s just something about mahomes yada yada lol 

I think this is one of those situations where some of the pundits (Orlovsky knows ball) are looking at the injuries on the Bills defense, and saying "no way can a one-armed LB, a practice squad LB coming off his couch, a backup nickel, and two backup CBs contain Pacheco, Kelsey, and Rashee Rice

To which I say "We Shall See, Zorn.  We Shall See."

• Like (+1) 3

Injuries aside, I'm feeling good about where this team is at. Clappy is dialing up some good defensive schemes and our offense is not turning the ball over. This year we are superior to KC and I think we'll win in a close but decisive contest.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s interesting every other panel I’ve seen 3/4 or 4/5 picked buffalo.  I think this is one of those situations where the bills are the better team but there’s just something about mahomes yada yada lol 

I saw today almost everyone (Mina and crew) picked KC to win. 

I think it's truly a toss up game. 

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I saw today almost everyone (Mina and crew) picked KC to win. 

I think it's truly a toss up game. 

I think some of these KC picks are designed to protect the individual from getting blasted for picking against Mahomes, it’s the safe pick.. if Bills win and they picked KC nobody will question the pick.. it’s weak

• Agree 1

Orlovsky picked KC and stated it’s due to our injuries. 

Valid concern, but as of now, we’re only down Gabe, Rapp, Benford and Spector. 

Gabe is a decent player but strangely enough, our offense may be more efficient without him. 

Rapp was really coming on as Dime Safety, but Cam Lewis is solid in that role. 

Benford is a good CB2, but Dane is more than capable to hold that spot down. 

Spector looks like he belongs out there, but has been depth/st’s all year.  

We’ll see how the injury report shakes out, but those guys are not the difference between winning and losing. 

Bernard, if he can’t go, starts to lean more into impact players.  And Taron Johnson definitely qualifies. 

However… if Taron gets cleared.. most teams in this league would trade for a Defense that features:  Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau, Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones, Rasul Douglas, Taron Johnson, Jordan Poyer & Micah Hyde .. even with a potential weakness at linebacker. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Orlovsky picked KC and stated it’s due to our injuries. 

Valid concern, but as of now, we’re only down Gabe, Rapp, Benford and Spector. 

Gabe is a decent player but strangely enough, our offense may be more efficient without him. 

Rapp was really coming on as Dime Safety, but Cam Lewis is solid in that role. 

Benford is a good CB2, but Dane is more than capable to hold that spot down. 

Spector looks like he belongs out there, but has been depth/st’s all year.  

We’ll see how the injury report shakes out, but those guys are not the difference between winning and losing. 

Bernard, if he can’t go, starts to lean more into impact players.  And Taron Johnson definitely qualifies. 

However… if Taron gets cleared.. most teams in this league would trade for a Defense that features:  Leonard Floyd, Greg Rousseau, Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones, Rasul Douglas, Taron Johnson, Jordan Poyer & Micah Hyde .. even with a potential weakness at linebacker. 

When I think about the injuries, I'm not so much worried about the "out" guys. I'm concerned that some of the players might be playing pretty hurt, and thus less effective.

But, everyone is pretty banged up this time of year.  We've been playing up KC's relative health compared to the Bills, but they have a whole list of guys they cleared today who likely aren't 100% either.

Our depth is great this year, too.  Might be the best it's been in the JA era.  

2 minutes ago, Success said:

When I think about the injuries, I'm not so much worried about the "out" guys. I'm concerned that some of the players might be playing pretty hurt, and thus less effective.

But, everyone is pretty banged up this time of year.  We've been playing up KC's relative health compared to the Bills, but they have a whole list of guys they cleared today who likely aren't 100% either.

Funny I sometimes think about this too. I.e. one of the positives about using backups at this time of the season is that they’re fresh and don’t have the same wear and tear as starters have accumulated throughout the season.  That’s why, when you have a guy like Elam, for instance, who is basically fresh and completely healthy and there isn’t much of a drop off in talent between him and the guy in front of him (imo) I sometimes wonder if it might not necessarily be a disadvantage.  That said, I don’t think he even plays over Dane Jackson, but just an example.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Mina will forever be a joke because of this reaction. Unprofessional and so so wrong. 

We should dig more of these out. 

3 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Funny I sometimes think about this too. I.e. one of the positives about using backups at this time of the season

See AJ RV Klein as case #1. 
maybe a fresh experienced medium guy can prevail

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Agreed. 

I saw a post on X today pointing out how we think these guys are all healthy, yet it seems like half of them .. even those not in the injury report .. end up getting some kind of surgery after the season ends. 

The post was in regards to Maxx Crosby, who was a beast all season.. even down to the end.. yet there he is today, posting a post-op pic with a brace on his leg in a hospital bed. 

KC injuries don’t come close to ours, especially if you factor in Milano and Tre, but they are down their starting Safety for much of the year and their starting DT next to Jones, who went down against Miami.  Also, still down Skyy Moore, whatever one thinks of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I keep coming back to the fact KC only beat 3 teams with a winning record, and only 1 playoff team: Miami (twice), 9-8 Jacksonville and 9-8 Cincy (w/Jake Browning at QB).

It's still Mahomes, Andy Reid, etc.--- but that matters.

• Like (+1) 4

Spag’s this Spag’s that so tired of hearing about Spag’s defense… I just got that feeling Allen’s gonna come out and light em up through the air and the ground….Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if the first play from scrimmage is an Allen run just like the Texans playoff game years back

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Lost said:

Is our fate already sealed?

This is the same guy posting that the bills will win it because of an AI image showing Josh is standing closest to the stadium. I suppose anyone can shop this kinda stuff to make it look real. Then maybe the station did put that on there to hype up the theories. Idk. I don't want to believe all this. If it ends up being the way it's "scripted" part of me might question a little. Tiny bit. All I know is all this talk is going to take the fun out of being a fan. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

5 hours ago, Punch said:

I keep coming back to the fact KC only beat 3 teams with a winning record, and only 1 playoff team: Miami (twice), 9-8 Jacksonville and 9-8 Cincy (w/Jake Browning at QB).

It's still Mahomes, Andy Reid, etc.--- but that matters.

It doesn't matter at all. Why would you go here when you could just look at what happened when the two teams played each other. It was literally a play or two that made the difference. They were down Pacheco and I believe Nick Bolton. If memory serves me right they were pretty banged up. 

The they didn't play anyone theory is right out the window here. 

Both these teams are elite with QBs that are amazing. Both coaches will have their teams ready to play. 

The real advantage for the Bills is the home field. It's a huge difference than playing in Arrowhead. 

I give the Bills the slightest of edge to win. 

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It doesn't matter at all. Why would you go here when you could just look at what happened when the two teams played each other. It was literally a play or two that made the difference. They were down Pacheco and I believe Nick Bolton. If memory serves me right they were pretty banged up. 

Both these teams are elite with QBs that are amazing. Both coaches will have their teams ready to play. 

The real advantage for the Bills is the home field. It's a huge difference than playing in Arrowhead. 

One of greatest advantages in this game is homefield.

There are other advantages to like, the fact the Bills at home average 29.7 points per game and give up 15.

The Chiefs on the road score 20.7 and give up 17.7.

The Chiefs “greatest” defense of all-time has created 7 turnovers in 9 road/neutral site games. Wow 7!

The Bills “injury” ravaged poverty defense has generated 15 turnovers.

Speaking of greatest defense, the Bills have given up 9 3rd quarter points all season at home. 

The Chiefs Tackles are not good.

The Bills Tackles are good. 

Mahomes completion % drops 7% in Super Bowl’s vs Arrowhead. 

Travis Kelce is 34 and probably is strongly considering retiring. 

Nick Bolton’s wrist is badly injured.

Sneed was banged up vs Miami.

Rashee Rice was banged up too.

Mahomes hasn’t looked comfortable all year.

Pacheco has been banged up recently. 
Chris Jones is likely gone. 

Give Kansas City a dose of the 12th Man and an aggressive physically dominant performance and they will collapse. Bills win, but not by the slightest of margins.  

• Like (+1) 3

Chiefs Defense will be there. They will try something and they will play with some agressiveness for sure.

They will not just wait for a mistake on Defense. We all know that.

This year, i see something different with our defense in some games.Sometimes not.

We all see the difference when they just wait for a mistake or play to win, 

If the Bills had learn something about that kind of soft defense who killed us in playoff against the best QB, they will do whathever it takes to be in Mahomes face, to provoke mistakes and not just waiting for. They will do whathever it takes to make Mahomes scratch his head and not just wait for a mistake.

I hope they had learn something about our lost in playoff since two years.

If they really try and we lose, i can deal with it as a fan.

Then, i really thing the Bills could win that game by playing to win and not just wait and triying to not lose.

The gameplan should not only be a chess game. It's football. We need some agressiveness in that gameplan. A lot.

For those who will be there: Help that defense like you always did. Make some noise like you never did. It could be a huge part of that game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I "would go here" because of course it matters. Suggesting otherwise is nonsensical.

I'm not discounting them by any means, but the Chiefs struggled all year and performance vs. quality of opponent is important.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Punch said:

I "would go here" because of course it matters. Suggesting otherwise is nonsensical.

I'm not discounting them by any means, but the Chiefs struggled all year and performance vs. quality of opponent is important.

Look at the head to head match up. That's obviously the best indicator not the performance vs quality of opponent. 

You think McD is telling the Bills players and coaches this info? Of course not because it's senseless data that means zero come Sunday. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend. 

In the other hand, you can bet that the coaches have looked at the film of the previous match up. 

You can be foolish and stand by your argument. I won't be the foolish follower. 

• Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.