Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Awesome, since you know how it ends don't watch lol. To label Allen a running QB is wild. He runs yeah but he is as good of a passer as anyone in the league.

i dont know how it ends... Allen is good enough to make history, but why not just put a runner on the team. 

12 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Steve Young says hello

Steve knows he's no Josh Allen when it comes to being the dominant running back on the team. 

55 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It seems convenient that all of those use the same metric of winning the AFC championship. Curious that.

I mean seriously, what does he mean " by any metric". There are plenty of metrics that I could use to show that the Bills had the "best season", but at the end of the day, championships are the only metric that should matter.  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

You have a habit of saying a bunch of crap and then not owning it after it is shown on the field to be false.

If Lamar sucks again this week, you gonna run and hide again?

Completely untrue. I've been wrong many times sir. 

Just because your logic is irrational don't get upset at me. 

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Douglas and Dodson seem likely to play.  Taron, hopeful.

Benford, Rapp, Bernard, Spector, Davis  who knows?   

My guess is Benford & Bernard will be out. Davis, Rapp & Spector will be questionable.

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sigh this is turning into a continuous conversation that I don't really care to have.  All I am saying is that KC's skill position isn't trash like people try to portray it is.  Mahomes has some good skill positions to work with.  IOW they aren't fielding an offense full of Kelvin Benjamine's and Robert Fosters.  They are in a similar situation as us in that they have an elite guy and also some good players and also some poor ones.  

Thats it.  Nothing more.  Im not trying to say they have a bunch of Kelce's and Hills and such on their team.  Just that all year I keep hearing Mahomes has no one and thats not true at all.  That is the only thing I am disputing.

IMO their skill position players will never be trash because of Andy Reid. There's always going to be opportunities for any receiver in his system to have a big day, or for them to blow a team out, purely because of his ability to draw up plays. That's why I expect us to lose this game, not because of how great Mahomes is but because of how great Reid is

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

After the Denver loss I was off the McD train. After 13 seconds I couldn’t contemplate having 12 men on the field that cost us the game. After the last 6 games I’m firmly back on (I never thought he would be fired even at 6-6)

McD should be up for coach of the year. He took a team that was floundering mid season at 6-6 and took a tremendous PR shot from the Dunn hit piece then completely turned the team around mid season. He’s showed tremendous growth which he always preaches. More aggressive defense, better game management especially on 4th down, and better challenge success. After the loss of Tre/Milano/Jones the D took a while to find its footing yet finished STRONG with backups to the backups making plays. The offense was struggling and he fired the OC mid season which couldn’t have been easy and installed a guy who turned it around. Yeah, you can say he deserves some of the blame for Dorsey but give me a break. Last year guys on here were worried he’d be poached for a HC gig.

This team is tough, gritty, battle hardened, and peaking at the right time ( as opposed to last year where they peaked early and limped into the playoffs)

I don’t think the result of this coming game diminishes in any way what McD has accomplished this season. Yeah, we need to get the monkey off our back but there are so many variables that go into one game, that doesn’t discount the previous 6 that saved the season and won us the division. Sure if we get blown out or there’s another 13 second coaching blunder that’s going to be an issue, but to lose to KC in a tight game will suck but not be an indictment on the coach.

I get that point of view and lots of what you say is valid. 

I'm not a huge fan of McD but it's hard not to rally behind him at this point. 

I still have my doubts he can lead the team to a Lombardi. That's just me though. A loss on Sunday certainly wouldn't give me any reinforcement that McD is the guy 

I think what's slightly being lost here is why was the team 6-6 and in that position? Should they ever have been in that position? Blame has to be placed on the head coach. 

Bottom line is McD dug himself out of the hole he dug. It's certainly a gave and take he. 

This team has been in this very position for years now. It's not to minimize the accomplishments. Accolades are in order. However, this team led by Allen has to progress further. No excuses no satisfaction, no no no.

A loss on Sunday changes a lot. Questions about McD will and should be asked and addressed. Think Tomlin or McCarthy. 

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I thoroughly expect Beane to take a WR in Round 1 or 2 and be willing to burn some resources to move up. No other position of need we have will cost as much money to fill in free agency. What else needs filling that can't be done after the the FA flurry subsides?

Safety to replace Hyde and/or Poyer? They were journeymen when they signed here, we can probably do something similar as a stopgap. Center to replace Morse if we think Bates isn't good enough? We are locked into the money on Von and Groot is set at DE. Oliver is killing it as 1 tech, and you can get gap plugger 3 tech at reasonable rates (Ford, Phillips, I expect to get DaQauan back coming off injury). Bernard has been killing it at LB and he and Milano are looking like a stud combo. 

WR2 is where stupid money gets spent/

Agreed. We are drafting WR high this year for sure. There will be ton of nonsense from fellow fans here how McD can't help himself and will draft D only, but I am pretty sure both Beane and McD realize we need another top WR.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

On a Positive note:

KC has played 2 playoff games in our current stadium. Bills won both convincingly 

91 Divisional &  93 AFC Championship

Bills 37-14   &  Bills  30-13 

While that is a fact, unfortunately it means nothing lol

7 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I think one was with Montana at QB.  

AFC Champ. He left the game in the 3rd concussion.  9 of 23 and an int I think was the stat line

Allen 6 Touchdowns please?  Is that too much to ask?  Yes. But we are asking. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

i dont know how it ends... Allen is good enough to make history, but why not just put a runner on the team. 

Steve knows he's no Josh Allen when it comes to being the dominant running back on the team. 

You never said dominant in your post you said Running QB and he ran a lot as did Elway which makes your comment false. There's no way around it

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

My guess is Benford & Bernard will be out. Davis, Rapp & Spector will be questionable.

I going to say

Davis out

Benford and Bernard questionable 

Everyone else will play.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, eball said:

Why do these threads always devolve into 2 or 3 guys on a crusade trying to convince Bills fans how badly we suck and how good the opponent is?

The Bills don't suck. This is a great team that's overcame a lot to get to this point especially after so many fans wrote the season off back in November.

It's just the harsh reality that there are (likely) better teams than the Bills as the playoffs continue to unfold and fans don't want to admit that reality even when it may be front and center come Sunday.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

You never said dominant in your post you said Running QB and he ran a lot as did Elway which makes your comment false. There's no way around it

well gee starr, then bart starr would be a runnng qb too as well as any.

36 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

he's just racist, dont mind him...when you see Turk, cause he wants everyone to know, then you should reply as if he's handicapped. 

I'm not going there. Let's talk football.

41 minutes ago, eball said:

Why do these threads always devolve into 2 or 3 guys on a crusade trying to convince Bills fans how badly we suck and how good the opponent is?

Who is doing that? I think the board has been pretty fair about the upcoming game. 

38 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

IMO their skill position players will never be trash because of Andy Reid. There's always going to be opportunities for any receiver in his system to have a big day, or for them to blow a team out, purely because of his ability to draw up plays. That's why I expect us to lose this game, not because of how great Mahomes is but because of how great Reid is

I will concede that Reid > McD but I'm hoping the game doesn't come down to coaching. Players play and execute. I do believe both teams will be ready to play. Their game plans should be solid based on their knowledge of one another. I really think you see an aggressive and assertive McD coach on Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Hope we can do better with Chris Jones this time. Was watching a little bit of the replay of Bills-KC and noticed Jones lined up against the rookie Torrence quite a bit. So Jones took advantage of that and had a pretty big game.

the rookie has had 6 games played under his belt since the last meeting, 64 has held his own.

27 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I think one was with Montana at QB.  

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

AFC Champ. He left the game in the 3rd concussion.  9 of 23 and an int I think was the stat line

America was soooooo pissed when the Bills won. Everyone wanted to see Montana vs. Young in the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This isn’t true… Josh did not turn it over against the Chiefs in the 2021 divisional loss. 

Draft kings isn’t being accurate??? Haha, he fumbled but didn’t lose it and that game shouldn’t count as a loss anyways. 

just saw it and I think the point is pretty true. The bills are extremely hard to beat when they don’t beat themselves.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the rookie has had 6 games played under his belt since the last meeting, 64 has held his own.

He actually hasn't. Whether you are a fan of PFF or not Torrance has been graded out among the worst starting guards in the NFL this year and has definitely looked like a major liability as the season has went on.

I also felt that for as much praise this oline has played this year, they were terrible against the Chiefs the first time and haven't looked stellar overall down the stretch sans the Cowboys game....but we all know how misleading that was in hindsight considering what happened to the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Does this mean they can't come out and dominate the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs? No...but to say they have their work cut out for them will be an understatement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, eball said:

The world will never know.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He actually hasn't. Whether you are a fan of PFF or not Torrance has been graded out among the worst starting guards in the NFL this year and has definitely looked like a major liability as the season has went on.

I also felt that for as much praise this oline has played this year, they were terrible against the Chiefs the first time and haven't looked stellar overall down the stretch sans the Cowboys game....but we all know how misleading that was in hindsight considering what happened to the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Does this mean they can't come out and dominate the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs? No...but to say they have their work cut out for them will be an understatement.

He's definitely struggling as of late.  I'm very concerned about our line overall.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

It was nice after the Cowboys game when there was nothing to nitpick and all the threads were short. 

If we win a SB this year I feel like a lot of “fans” will never come back to this forum again. At least until our next downturn cycle. But even then, they would have less ammo since we could always point to our ring. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's definitely struggling as of late.  I'm very concerned about our line overall.  

Dawkins and Brown are great.  Did Torrance hit a rookie wall?  He played well most of season, but has been a liability lately.  Morse is solid  Im not sure why the line struggles at times

10 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

let me try to explain this as you seem to have a hard time reading between any lines, i assume being here you would know something about football, my mistake.  The designed runs will increase as every game forward is an elimination game.  The team is on Allens back.  If Cook was such a dominant runner that wouldnt happen.  If you want to try and unload some pressure from the qb then maybe give the ball to Johnson, but experimenting now is a little late in the season.  Its the same theme year after year, and that is rely on Josh Allen until he wears out.  

Complete nonsense.

Cook’s stats match up among the best in the league.  Is it your contention that we should not use the massive weapon that we have in Josh’s legs?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A Bills blowout would be nice, but I'm expecting a tight game played by teams that are practically divisional rivals these days.  The crowd will make a big difference, and I like how Josh has been handling cover zero, etc. type situations lately.  Both Josh and Patty are masters at improvisation but with different styles (Josh will run through people and has a size advantage and Patty is maybe a tad more elusive but he can't break through tackles like Josh can).  I expect a slugfest.  Probably the wrong game to give up quaaludes!

9 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I hope the bills plan to involve cook and Kincaid all game long this time against KC

In the regular season they targeted them and kept them involved in the first half then I don't know if either got a target in the second half 

Cold weather running isnt cooks bag.... next warm weather game might be the superbowl. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.