Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I never predicted the Bills to lose against the Steelers on this forum or anywhere else, so not sure where that's coming from. In fact I was very confident because just like with the Browns, no way a Steelers team with a 3rd string QB should come into Buffalo and win if this team was a real contender.

But as I've said before, when I'm wrong I admit it and own it. And I'm not big on chest thumping or gloating either when I've been right.

You were predicting victory all the way...Confidence.

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

The life of a Bills fan in a nutshell.

My version of this is that I never exhale until the clock hits double zeroes. 11 point lead and 90 seconds left? Don't care. I'm a Bills fan. Seen this movie too many times before. When the clock hits zeroes and the coaches and players start pouring onto the field, THEN I can accept that it's a win. Never, ever before then.

It's kind of crazy how much longer my celebration delay has become waiting for a flag.  My wife will be celebrating a TD or big play and I'll just be stting there staring at the bug waiting to see if the little yellow 'FLAG' indicator pops up.  And if I thought I was ever going to be safe - queue the game this year that a flag was thrown during the commercial break.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

They've had their struggles with drops/penalties/turnovers at times, but this KC roster is better than last season's. The defense is much better than last year's or any defense in the Mahomes era, and the biggest difference in personnel on the offensive side is swapping Smith-Schuster for Rice, which is looking like a huge upgrade right now. Plus, Mahomes isn't playing with a high ankle sprain this time. 

None of this guarantees anything, but the narrative that the roster is weak isn't accurate. 

Hmm...all of 25 posts to your credit (under this screen name) and you're here "warning" us all about how dangerous and talented KC is...

Maybe you and @FilthyBeast should go down to the gym and pump each other?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, stevewin said:

It's kind of crazy how much longer my celebration delay has become waiting for a flag.  My wife will be celebrating a TD or big play and I'll just be stting there staring at the bug waiting to see if the little yellow 'FLAG' indicator pops up.  And if I thought I was ever going to be safe - queue the game this year that a flag was thrown during the commercial break.

Same. On touchdowns and special teams plays, especially. I'm STILL waiting for a flag on the Harty run-back in the Miami game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

One thing that I'm very concerned about in this game, especially with all the injuries...who is going to spy Mahomes?

No he's not JA17 back there, but he's killed teams over the years with his legs too especially in the playoffs and have to figure that will be a big part of the gameplan this week knowing attention will still go Kelce (and now Rice's) way. He had a few big runs against Miami last week too.

Dorian. Give him zero responsibility other than heat seeking missle at patty. 

19 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

They've had their struggles with drops/penalties/turnovers at times, but this KC roster is better than last season's. The defense is much better than last year's or any defense in the Mahomes era, and the biggest difference in personnel on the offensive side is swapping Smith-Schuster for Rice, which is looking like a huge upgrade right now. Plus, Mahomes isn't playing with a high ankle sprain this time. 

None of this guarantees anything, but the narrative that the roster is weak isn't accurate. 

No. Their OL tackles are much worse. 

Counting on Bernard to give us anything in this one is probably wishful thinking. Klein, Dodson, and Williams will need to get the job done somehow. 

Douglas and Johnson being able to go is perhaps more realistic from everything I’ve read. 

Bottom line is the offense needs to sustain drives and put up points for us to advance. It isn’t realistic for the defense to continue bailing us out like they did so many times this year. We’re just too banged up now.

Edited by VW82

56 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

In another thread someone I saw someone mention that the Raiders ran a lot of 5-2-4 at the Chiefs. At the time I thought "oh, that's a odd combo but out LB and CB core is so good that I don't think it applies"

Now? Maybe it's worth a spin. 

I think this idea is not suited for our personnel. Bringing in 5 down lineman will help against the run but significantly impact our abilities in coverage

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm very curious to know, if the KC roster is better than last season's on offense, why the Chiefs score 8 less points per game than they did in 2022.

The defense? Sure. It's better. Absolutely. Best Mahomes has ever played with.

But the offense? If the roster is better than last year's, why do they score over a touchdown less points per game? I'm not being antagonistic. I'm genuinely curious.

Is it Bienemy being gone? Was he better than everyone thought? Is it Kelce being less effective this year?

Going from 29 PPG to 21 PPG is a significant drop in just one season. What accounts for it?

I didn't say the offense is better. Obviously it hasn't been. But the defense is vastly better.

The offense has scored 7 fewer ppg, but the defense has allowed 5 fewer ppg. When you factor in sitting starters in week 18, and passing up several scoring opportunities to take a knee, it's a similar differential. Multiple games ended with a kneel at the 1. Just a more defensive-oriented team than in years past. The difference offensively has mostly been mistakes; not talent. Tons of penalties, untimely TOs, and by far the most drops in the NFL. Will these problems rear their head again on Sunday? Maybe, but the offense has been a lot less mistake-prone the last few weeks. Partly because Toney and Moore haven't been available to screw up. 

Just now, SaulGoodman said:

I didn't say the offense is better. Obviously it hasn't been. But the defense is vastly better.

The offense has scored 7 fewer ppg, but the defense has allowed 5 fewer ppg. When you factor in sitting starters in week 18, and passing up several scoring opportunities to take a knee, it's a similar differential. Multiple games ended with a kneel at the 1. Just a more defensive-oriented team than in years past. The difference offensively has mostly been mistakes; not talent. Tons of penalties, untimely TOs, and by far the most drops in the NFL. Will these problems rear their head again on Sunday? Maybe, but the offense has been a lot less mistake-prone the last few weeks. Partly because Toney and Moore haven't been available to screw up. 

For sure D is better. Would just say their young guys have developed and leveled up. SNeED is an all pro now. 

bolton is such a force

mcduffie is all pro 

on top of chris jones. Karlaftis is the equivalent of AJe to me

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

Hyping up the Jets? The hype stopped and reality set in 4 plays into the season. The Dolphins and Chiefs I get but the Jets were dead once Rodgers went down.

Yeah, but he said during the regular season at times the Bills would finish behind the Jets and maybe even New England. This was bizarre and shows a deep hatred of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, balln said:

Dorian. Give him zero responsibility other than heat seeking missle at patty. 

No. Their OL tackles are much worse. 

Disagree. Both are better pass blockers than OBJ or Wylie. That's not to say they're great. It's mostly saying that the previous tackles weren't that good. OBJ was highly overrated and Wylie was mediocre. Taylor's issue has been penalties, which is a concern. 

Not sure if you're aware, but the starting LT was out for several weeks until last week's game. His replacement struggled mightily at times, especially vs the Raiders. 

Don't want to put all of our eggs in the basket only to have it break now and have scrambled eggs in the next game. 

It's a tactical level of playing smart and restrained.

Gotta temper some this weekend. Go full bore next weekend. And by the super bowl adrenaline will carry whatever momentum is left. 

• Like (+1) 2

The guys missing will all be back I can almost guarantee it - no source just a feeling

Dotson Bernard back and healthy fine

taron Johnson won’t miss

benford will be rockin

douglas with a huge pick 

poyer ir Hyde will have one too

mahomes has a ROUGH day in Buffalo like Montana led chiefs did

AFCCG here we come 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think Johnson plays and Bernard is out. 

Found it. Sadly was in my FB memories from 1yr ago today lol forget who it was but damn, banged up every year

We were awful for so long, but never injured. Weirdly healthy. Now we're good and you'd think Jim Jones is running the in game hydration team 🤣🤣🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1705519494095.jpg

12 minutes ago, balln said:

For sure D is better. Would just say their young guys have developed and leveled up. SNeED is an all pro now. 

bolton is such a force

mcduffie is all pro 

on top of chris jones. Karlaftis is the equivalent of AJe to me

...and yet JA and the bills won the last game, against that defense, in their house.

bring 'em!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Same. On touchdowns and special teams plays, especially. I'm STILL waiting for a flag on the Harty run-back in the Miami game.

Same with any turnover. No cheering until it's clear (1) no flags, and (2) they confirm the guy actually got possession of the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Same with any turnover. No cheering until it's clear (1) no flags, and (2) they confirm the guy actually got possession of the ball.

With the inevitable commercial break for review

Having watched McDermott's presser, my personal impression is that Bernard was not diagnosed with a fracture or with ligament tears requiring surgery, but he's not exactly thinking it's likely Bernard will be able to play.  More just trying to keep the "competitive advantage" by placing the issue in doubt.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Having watched McDermott's presser, my personal impression is that Bernard was not diagnosed with a fracture or with ligament tears requiring surgery, but he's not exactly thinking it's likely Bernard will be able to play.  More just trying to keep the "competitive advantage" by placing the issue in doubt.

You shut your filthy wh0re mouth, Beck.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 15

54 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yeah, but he said during the regular season at times the Bills would finish behind the Jets and maybe even New England. This was bizarre and shows a deep hatred of Buffalo.

Actually, I think it shows he's a troll, but that could just be my background.  He's for sure no Bills fan and that's a hill I'm ready to die on.

Edit: just in case someone else isn't keeping up, I'm talking about Filthy Beast and so is Chongli.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEEeG0YWwAAPAvU?format=jpg&name=900x900
That's ..... a bit scary

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Logic is just starting to hit on 100% of his posts. I won't allow this slander!! 

WTF man we're talking about Filthy Beast.  Try to keep up. 

Of course @Logic is not a troll.  Wrong, (peppa)pig-headed and mistaken sometimes, but not a troll.

Speaking of which has anyone seen @Logic and Peppa Pig in the same room at the same time?

Edited by Beck Water

Logic has been one of the most reasoned posters in the last few years. I think he's just having some fun.

Though for real, imagine if we could go back to the run up for Week One and told this board "Hey, you are all are going to be desperate for Terrell Bernard to be ready to play in the playoffs"

I would have thought me was out of his mind! (I might be, just not for that reason)

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Rasul
Dodson
Taron  

I'm leaning toward at least these 3 playing.   Bernard and Benford would be a great bonus

Based on Happy Days comments, Davis is unlikely.  

I think your prognosis may be correct, "Dr Spikes".

What I'm worried about is how effective Dodson will be, but those worries are largely based upon speculation from Banged Up Bills which as many have pointed out, is just educated guessing based on his knowledge of injuries and what causes them.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEEeG0YWwAAPAvU?format=jpg&name=900x900
That's ..... a bit scary

WTF man we're talking about Filthy Beast.  Try to keep up.

I mean a little, but I am not going to worry until Thursday's report.

• Some of the scuttlebut has been that Spector and Benford's injury are pain management, so there is zero point is putting more tread on the tires than needed.
  • Douglas and Dodson are starting, I expect them back at full by the end of the week.
  • Johnson being allowed limited work means he's making his way through concussion protocol
  • I don't love Haack, but I am not going to lose sleep over a punter
  • Floyd and Von taking rest days is standard protocol at this point
  • Rapp and Davis being out isn't good, but if I am putting the 11 best players out on each side of the field neither of them make my list.
  • Bernard...I think you're right but I'll keep hope. If Spector and Dodson are good to go they've been surprisingly resilient.
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.