Next man up!

Success

If there is a theme to the '23 Bills season - that is it.

Will we have Benford, Johnson, Bernard, et al. next week?  I hope we do.  But if not, there is Elam, Klein, Williams, Lewis, et al.

Part of the game. Unless you're KC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Posted in another topic but worth repeating here:

Injured LBs this season: Milano, Bernard, Dodson, Spector. We’re now playing our 5th and 6th LBs in Dorian Williams and AJ Klein.

Injured CBs this year: Tre’Davious White, Christian Benford, Rasul Douglas. We’re now playing our 4th and 5th CBs in Dane Jackson and Kaiir Elam. Taron Johnson out so we’re playing Cam Lewis.

How many NFL teams could be this deep into their roster and still field a respectable defense?

BTW, I believe Von Miller crossed into a higher level of confidence today so we should have an improved pass rush for whatever remains.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If we beat KC next week with the same defense, McD should have 5 more years here. 

The way this team has turned around and dealt with injuries; specifically the defense, it’s a testament to the work he does here. Definitely another year here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Posted in another topic but worth repeating here:

Injured LBs this season: Milano, Bernard, Dodson, Spector. We’re now playing our 5th and 6th LBs in Dorian Williams and AJ Klein.

Injured CBs this year: Tre’Davious White, Christian Benford, Rasul Douglas. We’re now playing our 4th and 5th CBs in Dane Jackson and Kaiir Elam. Taron Johnson out so we’re playing Cam Lewis.

How many NFL teams could be this deep into their roster and still field a respectable defense?

BTW, I believe Von Miller crossed into a higher level of confidence today so we should have an improved pass rush for whatever remains.

McD that’s how

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

So impressive.

Klein
Elam
Spector
Williams

Next man up, over and over and over with this team.

Yes, the injuries the Bills sustained are very concerning for next week against KC, but that's something to worry about tomorrow. 24 hour rule. Tonight? Tonight it's celebration time. Depth was tested and held firm. On to the Divisional round.

GO BILLS!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It is impressive but far from unprecedented. Let's enjoy the win, but let's not make McDermott into some defensive demigod. 6 weeks ago, we (me included) and depending on the Chiefs game, think he is good but not great. 

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

You have only so many men…

And you can only escalate 2 from practice squad.

If players are not going to be able to play they may need to be put on IR so Bills have enough players.

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

God it'd be amazing if they announced Milano able to come back

Milano is not coming back.  His recovery has not been as good as hoped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

If there is a theme to the '23 Bills season - that is it.

Will we have Benford, Johnson, Bernard, et al. next week?  I hope we do.  But if not, there is Elam, Klein, Williams, Lewis, et al.

Part of the game. Unless you're KC.

This could be the perfect sitch for McD to show his true worth.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This could be the perfect sitch for McD to show his true worth.  

After turning around the team to the #2 seed… There should be as many threads catering to him staying instead of being canned. 

I’ll admit, if we missed the playoffs there had to be strong considerations in my book.  Maybe this is his stumbling block he finally gets over; KC. Would be fitting to get a Super Bowl and put the 13 seconds demon firmly behind the organization. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Unless you're KC is right. Have they ever had a single player get injured ...ever? Ridiculous. 

It’s one of the most underreported stories of their run since Mahomes came onto the scene.

They suffered OL injuries and got wrecked by Tampa in the SB, but aside from that… they’re always healthy while teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati are battling through multiple big injuries in the playoffs. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.