Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who called for McDermott to be replaced after this season, it's only fair for me to come here and say...

That man deserves a world of credit right now. 

From keeping the team together and going from 5% chance at playoffs to the two-seed, to keeping this defense together with duct tape and baling wire, to holding the Steelers to 17 points despite being down to CBs 4, 5, and 6 and two backup linebackers. He made major changes to the way he was calling defense on the bye week, he had the courage to fire Dorsey mid-season. All in all, Coach McDermott just deserves a ton of credit. A ton!

Bravo, coach. Way to go!

GO BILLS!!!

I was there with you. So credit where credit is due. McDermott righted the ship and today we saw Playoff Josh again and it was beautiful. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

Let’s gooo!!!

But…who do we have left to play defense next week?

There were 11 men on the field at the end of the game

11 MEN.  So proud of how our backups stepped up.

We will hope to get Douglas and Dodson back as well

Bernard looks like the biggest worry but Klein went hard

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

McDermott’s decision to try a 49 yard fg at end of 2q was ill advised. Converting non 4th and 7 was a likelier outcome and if you want to be conservative, punt it to their 10. The game would have been a blowout otherwise I think

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Glad the Bills got the win and weren’t playing in crazy weather conditions that could have produced a fluke loss. Big thumbs up to all the fans who waded through and stood in the snow for the game.

The snow was mostly getting thrown. They warned us about every 7 minutes not to throw snow. But with all the touchdowns, they weren't stopping anyone

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thats certainly better than 12 at the end of the game.   (Too soon?)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, drummernut74 said:

Believed to be a sprain. Xray was negative. MRI tomorrow. As per Ian Rappaport

I love this news but the ankle is a funny thing.  My son broke his a few years ago and the initial x-rays were negative; after the swelling went down they did an MRI and found a fracture.  Just too many little bones in that area.  

If it’s only a sprain, well, thank the baby Jesus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's good. They've been known to try twelve before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Still don’t understand people saying this. Unless I’m wrong about the wind a 49 yard kick is pretty close to a chip shot in today’s NFL. If you can trust your kicker to hit that you need a new kicker.

We might be nearing the cant trust the kicker point of the discussion for McDermott

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

I love this news but the ankle is a funny thing.  My son broke his a few years ago and the initial x-rays were negative; after the swelling went down they did an MRI and found a fracture.  Just too many little bones in that area.  

If it’s only a sprain, well, thank the baby Jesus. 

Unless it’s a high ankle sprain. That can sometimes be worse than a break with all the ligament damage

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

Unless it’s a high ankle sprain. That can sometimes be worse than a break with all the ligament damage

Very little relevance, but I broke both my wrist in different occasions, and I sprained it one time, it was way worse than the breaks.  About the same recovery time for me tho

I hate how the Bills always seem to find a way to make it dramatic. The game should’ve been over in the first half. 

In the 2nd quarter they kept throwing it to the runningback or receive behind the line of scrimmage. They got wonderful field position at the their own 45, and went three and out and lost yardage. Kicked it and then Bernard got hurt. Then they CANNOT EXECUTE a 49 yard field goal and the whole thing was fueled to go up in flames. 

I just want to say one more thing about the terrible field goal unit. Bass will kick a 55 yarder half way up the net. He needs to be counted on to make that 49 yarder. It’s in his range, and you just have to put him in a position to succeed. It was the right call. But there also has to be consequences for botching it. I don’t know what that is, but this unit has to be made to understand that you won’t hesitate to call on them whenever and wherever. 

Until Bass starts missing them short but perfectly straight, all this is in his head. 

So Bass, I promise you, you’ll never miss a 49 yarder short. Just kick the damn ball up into the air!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, par73 said:

Concerned about the injuries. Hopefully Dodson and Douglas are back next week.

I just posted in the injury thread

If Dodson is a torn labrum as rumored even if he comes back he's likely going to be a shell of himself - and if he takes direct hits on the shoulder it could pop out and/or debilitate him pretty quickly

For those who went to the game: How in holy hell did y'all get the snow all cleared from the seats? Where did you put the snow? During the pregame show, not too long before kickoff, it looked like half the stadium's seats were covered in white, then at kickoff time, the stadium looked full and no white to be seen! Also, what percentage of the crowd were Squealers fans?

• Agree 1

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

I hate how the Bills always seem to find a way to make it dramatic. The game should’ve been over in the first half. 

In the 2nd quarter they kept throwing it to the runningback or receive behind the line of scrimmage. They got wonderful field position at the their own 45, and went three and out and lost yardage. Kicked it and then Bernard got hurt. Then they CANNOT EXECUTE a 49 yard field goal and the whole thing was fueled to go up in flames. 

I just want to say one more thing about the terrible field goal unit. Bass will kick a 55 yarder half way up the net. He needs to be counted on to make that 49 yarder. It’s in his range, and you just have to put him in a position to succeed. It was the right call. But there also has to be consequences for botching it. I don’t know what that is, but this unit has to be made to understand that you won’t hesitate to call on them whenever and wherever. 

Until Bass starts missing them short but perfectly straight, all this is in his head. 

So Bass, I promise you, you’ll never miss a 49 yarder short. Just kick the damn ball up into the air!

If we ever win it my friend, (not sure your years of suffering) It will the best feeling you ever had other than your wife and kids, and I have neither.  Let's ***** go Buffalo!  In Josh Allen I trust 

Tim Graham

@ByTimGraham

Bills CB Rasul Douglas told me in the locker room he felt he was ready to play, but the team held him out. Douglas then said he'll play next week against the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 26
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was there ever an explanation on why the second play we challenged wasn’t a fumble? 

They thought the ball grazed the TEs helmet while he was out-of-bounds. Therefore, it’s OOB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would prefer Mahomes if you put a gun to my head. Allen is a close second though. Splitting hairs here. Bottom line is the Bills are in a great position for years ahead with Allen. Gotta get that Lombardi soon!!!

Cool man!  Thanks for sharing!

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Tim Graham

@ByTimGraham

Bills CB Rasul Douglas told me in the locker room he felt he was ready to play, but the team held him out. Douglas then said he'll play next week against the Chiefs.

I wanted to give your post an 'Awesome!' emoji but then I saw that the info was from Timmuh. :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.