What's your confidence level going into the game today?

Virgil

I'd say I'm at a 6.5.  With the wind still projected to be bad, it doesn't seem like a great passing day.  I still believe we have the better overall team, but this is the type of game where fundamentals are key, to which I do believe the Steelers are more disciplined than us. 

As for home field advantage, I'm not sure what to expect.  Like KC last night, I expect there to be a lot of empty seats.  There were a lot of seats available, and who knows which fans those went to.  Also, Pittsburgh is as prepared for these conditions as anyone in the league.  

Also, I absolutely hate when EVERYONE picks the Bills to win.  

Even still, we have Josh and I like him running the ball  and making plays to squeeze out a win.  Cook needs to protect the ball and Fournette just needs to keep it consistent.  

I believe we should win and think we will.  But, and maybe it's the BBFS in me, I'm also very much prepared for a loss.  

**Update** Winds are projected at 10-15mph for the game.   I’m sticking with my ratio 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty high.

The narrative that the Bills play down to their opponent is in the back of my mind. Taking a different approach, sometimes maybe teams just play up to the Bills and force mistakes. Steelers playing with house money today have nothing to lose.

However, this is the best matchup we could have hoped for IMO. And the likely road to the Super Bowl is clearing up. Steelers --> Chiefs --> @ Baltimore. Not a simple road but doable. This is the best path the Bills have faced under McDermott IMO. I'm confident.

• Like (+1) 1

Given the O lines play this season & the RB's that they have the ground game should be able to make it happen our D needs to stop their backs because they have good ones too .

I do hate like you that they are picking the Bills to win because they are better at the underdog thing but they should be able to win this one . 

GO BILLS !!! 

We should have this.  All signs point to it.  I believe the Bills are the better team, and at home.  Five-game winning streak, a big surge to not only make the playoffs, but take the #2 seed.  And next week we get Mahomes and KC here, finally.  It all looks to be lining up nicely.

...and that's what has me nervous as all hell.  It's all lined up too nicely.  A loss today would be horribly disappointing.

• Like (+1) 3

It's very high, but any playoff or must win game, if you're not nervous, you're not human and haven't been paying attention ha ha.

Yes, I gloated watching the Packers dismantle the Cowgirls, but then later on was shaken that it was the NFC 7th seed pulverizing the 2nd seed in their home stadium... 

No game is an automatic win, even less so in the playoffs. But yes, I feel confident.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'd say I'm at a 6.5.  With the wind still projected to be bad, it doesn't seem like a great passing day.  I still believe we have the better overall team, but this is the type of game where fundamentals are key, to which I do believe the Steelers are more disciplined than us. 

As for home field advantage, I'm not sure what to expect.  Like KC last night, I expect there to be a lot of empty seats.  There were a lot of seats available, and who knows which fans those went to.  Also, Pittsburgh is as prepared for these conditions as anyone in the league.  

Even still, we have Josh and I like him running the ball  and making plays to squeeze out a win.  Cook needs to protect the ball and Fournette just needs to keep it consistent.  

I believe we should win and think we will.  But, and maybe it's the BBFS in me, I'm also very much prepared for a loss.  

The wind seems fine??

High...like an 8.

Was just out snowblowing and there is almost no wind at all, at least where I am in Depew/Lancaster area.

It's cold, like 11 degrees but no real wind. Will be similar to the Patriot game just a few degrees warmer.

Shows winds start out at 10 mph at 4pm but drop to 7 mph by the end. That's about as perfect conditions as you are gonna get this time of year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Feeling better the closer we get.  I know the Bills still have a sick feeling over their last playoff game vs Cincinnati in the snow.  They are so ready to make that right. Also, the 7 seed won yesterday.  It feels like it would be so against the logical rationale of football to have the other 7 seed pull the upset.  But the Bills still have to play with the intensity light years more than what we saw last January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

am nervous and worry that home field advantage won't exist because of the few seats that will be full.   I have been concerned about Pittsburg from the onset and now with this weather we may become one dimensional.  

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Feeling better the closer we get.  I know the Bills still have a sick feeling over their last playoff game vs Cincinnati in the snow.  They are so ready to make that right. Also, the 7 seed won yesterday.  It feels like it would be so against the logical rationale of football to have the other 7 seed pull the upset.  But the Bills still have to play with the intensity light years more than what we saw last January.

They didn't just win they flat out embarrassed the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

am nervous and worry that home field advantage won't exist because of the few seats that will be full.   I have been concerned about Pittsburg from the onset and now with this weather we may become one dimensional.  

What weather are you talking of?

As of right now it's just cold. Barely any wind and no snow for the game.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Xwnyer said:

Bills fans are insane.  They'll be there.  At least one will be shirtless. 😆

I'm at 9.

McDermott defenses traditionally smother one-dimensional offenses. And Rudolph to Pickens is not enough to make them dangerous.

Offensively, we are better equipped at running back and tight end for winter games than we have been in this run. I think we're currently built for this.

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

What on earth? The weather is fine people. Very little wind, light snow, it's cold but not Pats WC game cold.

My confidence has been dropping all morning.

>There is probably going to be lower attendance

>The fans that are there are likely to be uncomfortable and a little shell-shocked by the stadium conditions

>While the Bills have spent the past 48hrs trapped in their houses, the Stillers have had additional time to get together, do extra walk-throughs, etc

The first two factors could really mitigate the effects of the crowd and home field advantage.

The third could give the Stillers a bit of an edge, particularly coming out of the gate.

Both the Bills and the Mafia are going to need some good veteran leadership to be at their best today.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Watching the Cowboys get man handled by a lesser GB team makes me a wee bit nervous. Bills should win but I think it’ll be close. 

This. 

That game was an eye opener for me. I really think the Cowboys came in unprepared. If we come out as flat as they looked yesterday, I will officially know where I stand with Sean.

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

>The fans that are there are likely to be uncomfortable and a little shell-shocked by the stadium conditions

>While the Bills have spent the past 48hrs trapped in their houses, the Stillers have had additional time to get together, do extra walk-throughs, etc

The first two factors could really mitigate the effects of the crowd and home field advantage.

The third could give the Stillers a bit of an edge, particularly coming out of the gate.

Both the Bills and the Mafia are going to need some good veteran leadership to be at their best today.

I have thought about this and low key worried about this.

I am also reading through the comments here and feeling very terrified that today I am one of the more positive ones in here 😱

The bills are the far better team. Does the better team always win? Of course not but this is as comfortable as I’ll feel for the playoff run. Assuming chiefs/ravens/niners would be matchups for rest of the run, I’ll be hopeful but not confident in any of those 

Edited by BillsFooteball
  • Agree 1

7.75 - I'm almost at an 8 but the thought that the emotionless team that faced the Bengals in the playoffs last year will show up again holds it back.

If the Bills show up fired up and ready to kick some yinzer ***, they'll win big, if they don't it'll come down to the final minute.

GO BILLS !!!

Make Mahomes play a road playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm at a 9. Pittsburgh was genuinely a bad team for most of the year. I'm not letting a couple of hot games from a 3rd string QB dissuade me. It's Jake Browning, it's Joe Flacco, it's Josh Dobbs. Eventually the true player always comes out.

If the Bills manage to lose this game I'll be first on the fire McDermott train. We get the weakest opponent in the playoffs missing their best player. It could not possibly be set up better short of being the #1 seed.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

The wind seems fine??

I’m seeing better numbers now.  Projected at 10-15mph.  That does make me feel better about the game, but also realize that can change 

8 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Watching the Cowboys get man handled by a lesser GB team makes me a wee bit nervous. Bills should win but I think it’ll be close. 

Were they really lesser?

Love has been the best QB in football since week 10 or 12 I think throwing 18 TDs and only 1 INT during that time.

We have seen over and over again it's about being hot at the right time...Dallas was fading mostly, GB was coming on.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

All true, but when the kickoff happens the players know what is at stake.  Guys have been playing football their whole lives.

They know what is at stake and what has to be done.

I feel pretty good.  The fans that are there will be pumped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.