Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit 8:15 PM ET NBC

chongli

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Punting was cowardly and TBH, just plain stupid. Very odd from a smart coach who has won a SB.

I was surprised they didn't go underneath on 3rd down knowing they would be going for it....good game

Just now, balln said:

For as awesome as stafford played. The 3 and 8 terrible wheel route to ez to a covered kupp. And then going for the first down to Puka instead of getting 5-8 yards to get a FG attempt to take the lead. Doomed them.

situational football ladies and gentleman 

They had the underneath stuff covered.  Josh or another mobile QB would've run that ball there and at least got into FG range.

• Like (+1) 1

Stafford reverted back to Detroit Stafford. Couldn’t make the big plays when needed.  Couldn’t put it in the end zone and settled for too many FGs. McVay also isn’t the great innovative play caller he used to be. He has two of the best WRs on the planet and he couldn’t figure out a way to get them open in the red zone. Detroit earned the win. Rams underperformed to make sure it happened. Home teams 3-1 so far on wild card weekend. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Idk, McVay no longer seems to be the gambler he was early in his Rams career. 

Would that have been a 62 yard attempt on 4th down? You take that shot so late in a game. Tyler Bass can hit one that far in a dome.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

For as awesome as stafford played. The 3 and 8 terrible wheel route to ez to a covered kupp. And then going for the first down to Puka instead of getting 5-8 yards to get a FG attempt to take the lead. Doomed them.

situational football ladies and gentleman 

Their kicker can't even make extra points.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I hope so. Lions Bills Superbowl would be awesome.

If we win lol. Not sure that my faith and fandom could overcome losing to Detroit of all teams in the big one

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ben Johnson gets it. For my money this was a perfectly called offensive game for the Lions.

Don’t forget to give some credit to the refs 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would that have been a 62 yard attempt on 4th down? You take that shot so late in a game. Tyler Bass can hit one that far in a dome.

Brett Maher has been absolutely terrible though. He looked shaky on the gimmes earlier in the game and doesn't have a big leg either

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

If we win lol. Not sure the my faith and fandom could overcome losing to Detroit of all teams in the big one

That would be about the most Bills thing ever. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

the holding call on hutchinson and the non-call on Nukua was the game.  And people say refs don’t determine the outcome.  

Yeah, if only the refs could get the players to play in actual slow motion.

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I'd be shocked if the Lions were in the Super Bowl this year.

Imagine the Lions making it ….then winning at their first attempt…

Not so sure the Bills fans would still be feeling the love 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Not sure the Lions have enough to overcome the 49'ers, but they beat the winner of Bucs Eagles.  I like the sound of Bills Lions for the SB.

sf has to beat gb.  

i think gb made it clear they are a serious threat to anyone they play and sf has had its share of playoff issues.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I'll be honest, and I admit it's petty. But I rarely root for teams that haven't won anything other than the Bills. Until we get a chip, I don't want the Lions and Browns of the world getting one. Not that I have anything against their fan bases as they obviously deserve some success

There was an 89 year old Lions fan in the stands who has been a season ticket holder for 66 years. He was around for Detroit's last NFL Championship...in 1957. I was really happy for him. Too many of my family members have passed without ever seeing the Bills win anything, including my parents. It has been 31 years since Detroit's last playoff win. That man deserves a shred of happiness for that kind of devotion. Good for him, good for Lions fans. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.