Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit 8:15 PM ET NBC

chongli

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Interesting how many players I kind of wanted the Bills to draft, that have wound up on the Lions and are doing well

That and a cheap suit will get you a gm interview in Carolina 

Just now, Warcodered said:

Stafford returns to Detroit gets hurt, same as it ever was.

I’ve never seen a player who carries himself the same exact way every time he gets hurt. Not bashing the guy, just an observation. His demeanor and the way he holds his arm is identical every time he’s injured. 

6 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Is any hit to the helmet illegal? I've seen so many not called.

Has to be helmet to helmet or leading with the helmet. Players have learned to hit with the shoulder. That hit on Stafford seemed late and could've been called roughing, though.

Just now, zow2 said:

That might be all she wrote for LA.  Unless Wentz decides to ball out.  If Stafford comes back in he’s one tough SOB

Just now, billsfan714 said:

Stafford is a tough SOB over this career.

Yeah Detroit has seen him do it, because they never protected him.

Just now, gflande1 said:

I don’t know what roughing the passer looks like anymore 

Yesterday Mahomo on 3rd and 15 got barely touched after releasing the ball and got a 15 yarder roughing the passer 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They have all of the Midwest.

??

I don’t think KC getting premier TV slots has to do with having “all of the Midwest” (which I’m not sure is true anyway - bit to the S it’s Cowboys, bit to the NE would prefer Bears, bit to the N it’s Vikes.  

KC is “prime time” because teams tend to pick up fans when they win championships and have an admired star player.  The Patriots picked up fans all over when they were winning Superbowls with Tom Brady and he was the league’s darling.  Pat Mahomes has assumed that mantle with 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 rings, all the ads and attention.  Very popular.  

We may not like it, but it “is what it is” until attention turns elsewhere

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.