The Forest of Sad Fins Fans - post your receipts and exhibits here

Beck Water

Hokay.  The Governor and County Executive and Mayor declared a State of Emergency and ordered everyone off the roads starting at 9 pm tonight with a driving ban, but this is all about the NFL looking out for the Bills, like the NFL and the Bills have a choice to disregard the Gov't SOE and driving ban. 

Got it.  Next?

That's because people in KC, including team busses loaded with players, can still drive to the game in the cold.  Talk to me about "Princesses" next time you're enjoying the sideline shade in September while the opponent bakes in the sun and 20-25 degree hotter temps.  Now put on your woolies and buckle up.

Oh yeah and whoever wins get 2 more days rest and the Bills get a short week.  Mount that little advantage in your Princess Tiara and stick it on your head.

Some Fins Fans get it:

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing".  Put your neoprene ski suit on under your jersey and go play.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Marcel L-J uses small words and tries to explain clearly:

Then L-J ratchets up the degree of difficulty:

Many properly equipped athletes play their sport in conditions like this regularly (skiers and cross-country skiers, biathletes, snowboarders, ice climbers, mountaineers etc).  And many of these guys do not have heated benches with sideline heaters, heated boxes to place their fleece-lined helmets, or heavy parkas to retreat to.

I like this guy though:

Pragmatic...but actually, Sunday at 1 pm is forecast to be -3 degrees, so no warmer than Saturday night.  Slightly lighter wind so forecast windchill of "only" -18 degrees instead of -22 degrees.  Not sure they'll like it any better.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

They could swing by the Cabelas or Bass Pro or whatever it's calling itself now, and say "I'm going to the game, make this work for me"

Course, $400 of outdoor gear later and they might as well just have gone for the more expensive seats.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Marcel L-J uses small words and tries to explain clearly:

Then L-J ratchets up the degree of difficulty:

Many properly equipped athletes play their sport in conditions like this regularly (skiers and cross-country skiers, biathletes, snowboarders, ice climbers, mountaineers etc).  And many of these guys do not have heated benches with sideline heaters, heated boxes to place their fleece-lined helmets, or heavy parkas to retreat to.

I like this guy though:

Pragmatic...but actually, Sunday at 1 pm is forecast to be -3 degrees, so no warmer than Saturday night.  Slightly lighter wind so forecast windchill of "only" -18 degrees instead of -22 degrees.  Not sure they'll like it any better.

Real question

Since Miami doesn't have to provide shade/cooling in their stadium, could Chiefs elect not to provide heating stuff

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Real question

Since Miami doesn't have to provide shade/cooling in their stadium, could Chiefs elect not to provide heating stuff

I thought this the other day.  Hell the NFL should step in because players have been seriously impacted due to heat stroke. I do not know if any pro players have died from heat but college and high school players have.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I thought this the other day.  Hell the NFL should step in because players have been seriously impacted due to heat stroke. I do not know if any pro players have died from heat but college and high school players have.

There was a Vikings lineman that died from hear 25 yrs ago. 

Just got back from a trip to Finheaven.  A bunch of Anti-Tua posts with the winner going to a person named "Aquapride1" who suggested they trade with the Texans for Davis Mills. 

Here is the post after the title "How about Davis Mills?"  

The Dolphins should acquire Davis Mills from the Texans.. He is young and an accurate passer who this off season McDaniels could develop into a highly effective Dolphins QB.

Then the 1st reply was this:

You should take the pride out of your username as you clearly don’t have any.

The Aqua doubles down:

Obviously Mills is not as skilled a QB as CJ Stroud, but Mills is good enough to be an NFL starting QB and the Dolphins need that right now.

There's also a thread from earlier in the week where fans are complaining about Josh taking a victory lap in their stadium:  

This guy just rubs me the wrong way. I can't recall any other quarterback essentially taking a victory lap around the opposing team's stadium.

I certainly can't imagine Tua doing that after a victory in Buffalo. Of course, Miami hasn't played well recently in Buffalo either.

Am I the only one bothered by that?

Some others tried to bring the guy back to reality by mentioning that a player can only do that when the road team has a large group of their own fans in the stands.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Fin fans are waking up a bit today. All season They have heard that Tua isn't clutch, he pads stats against bad teams and struggles against good ones. And over the last 3 weeks he's shown that.

And now they have a QB that has been in the league 4 years, appeared in 1 playoff game and whose "signature win" is a week 3 game against Buffalo last season that was aided by the heat index that he doesn't even remember winning because he was concussed. 

And he's very likely going to be looking for some serious money. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gonna be really interesting what they do here.  No way he's worth the $50 initially thought.  Do you start over or roll with Tua for a year or two and hope he learns to play after the month of october

32 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Gonna be really interesting what they do here.  No way he's worth the $50 initially thought.  Do you start over or roll with Tua for a year or two and hope he learns to play after the month of october

Here's my thought. The Dolphins run something pretty close to and based off the Shannahan System. And we hear nonstop about how QB friendly the system is. I do believe you still need a QB that can execute it and it's not the one size fits all system people think. 

However, Tua can run it as long as everything is on schedule. Anything else he personally falters. Cold weather or against solid defenses he's not the same. Any time he's forced to come off the initial read and improvise, he fails. And I'm sorry but the NFL Tua is not clutch. And he's about as mobile as a fire hydrant. They should move on. But I see them eventually handing him a Daniel Jones level contract and hoping for the best.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Fin fans are waking up a bit today. All season They have heard that Tua isn't clutch, he pads stats against bad teams and struggles against good ones. And over the last 3 weeks he's shown that.

And now they have a QB that has been in the league 4 years, appeared in 1 playoff game and whose "signature win" is a week 3 game against Buffalo last season that was aided by the heat index that he doesn't even remember winning because he was concussed. 

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I like how they cut to a Highmark stadium cam after watching this cold but not terribly windy chiefs game and it was absolute anarchy snowing sideways with the wind howling haha there’s no way the phins fans believe their bs

There is, as Miami fans are collectively the dumbest, most delusional, fanbase in the NFL

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

I was just thinking this board needed another Dolphins thread. 👍🏼

Weren't you one of the posters who was hyping the Dolphins earlier this year?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.