Bill Belichick officially done in NE

DJB

12 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Next Bills DC? 🤔

Nah, F-him!

Ha!  If he were interested in coming to Buffalo, McD should be fired before the game on Sunday to make room.  One is arguably the greatest coach in history (though a lousy GM) and the other is a never has been… 

48 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I can't stand the hype this clown is getting...like he retired.

HE WAS FIRED!

Belicheat wants to break Don Shula's all-time win record by getting 15 more wins. I think we all see now that it was QB Tom Brady that was the force that drove that dynasty. Without Brady is he even an average NFL head coach? ...he sucks. 8-9 last year, 4-13 in 20-23. The equal of Nate Hackett. 🤪

I disagree with Allen. Mahomes has won more because of his head coach Andy Reid. Without Reid I don't see Mahomes developing like he has...btw what happened to him this season? 

You do know that KC won their division and is in the playoffs? 

The guy has two rings and won one of them on one leg. 

I have to laugh at people who have Allen rated ahead of Mahomes. 

Edited by newcam2012

Here is the tweet:

NBC New York’s Twitter/X page has a history of doing this. Twitter/X user Mike Beauvais shared a screengrab of Thursday’s tweet about Belichick, as well as three others that NBC New York tweeted about Belichick’s longtime quarterback with the Patriots, Tom Brady.

See if you notice a theme.

Sept. 14, 2022: “Gisele Bündchen

candidly revealed the sacrifices she has made for her husband Tom Brady, who lost two Super Bowls to the New York Giants.”

Sept. 20, 2022: “The Florida mansion that 5-time World Series champion Derek Jeter built in 2012 and recently rented to Tom Brady, who lost two Super Bowls to the New York Giants, soon could be demolished, according to reports.”

Feb. 1, 2023: “Tom Brady, who lost two Super Bowls to the Giants in what was otherwise a noteworthy NFL career, says he’s retiring (again) from football – and this time he means it.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You do know that KC won their division and is in the playoffs? 

The guy has two rings and won one of them on one leg. 

I have to laugh at people who have Allen rated ahead of Mahomes. 

You do realize that Mahomes sat for a season behind Alex Smith who took that season's Chiefs team to a 10-6 record.

Oh, BTW,  Andy Reid had the Chiefs in the playoffs for 4 of 5 seasons BEFORE even Mahomes got there. The Chiefs were already division winners while Mahomes sat.  Must be nice to start for a playoff team. Good receivers, and a good offensive line all playoff-tested. 

Lil Patty was also trained by an offensive genius who has had his team in the playoffs for 10 of his 11 seasons at KC. Reid had his former team in the SB in Philly with McNabb at QB. The man knows how to develop QBs. Also, Mahomes has had arguably the very best TE in the NFL to throw to his entire time in the NFL. Kelce was an all-pro, pro bowler BEFORE Mahomes got there too.

Meanwhile, in 2018 Josh Allen was thrown into the fire behind a crap O line with questionable receivers and an OC who wouldn't call running plays...except of course run plays for the rookie QB.

Under Andy Reid, Josh Allen would be even better than he already is! And in my opinion, he is the very best QB in the NFL today. His team is In the playoffs under a rookie OC! 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

You do realize that Mahomes sat for a season behind Alex Smith who took that season's Chiefs team to a 10-6 record.

Oh, BTW,  Andy Reid had the Chiefs in the playoffs for 4 of 5 seasons BEFORE even Mahomes got there. The Chiefs were already division winners while Mahomes sat.  Must be nice to start for a playoff team. Good receivers, and a good offensive line all playoff-tested. 

Lil Patty was also trained by an offensive genius who has had his team in the playoffs for 10 of his 11 seasons at KC. Reid had his former team in the SB in Philly with McNabb at QB. The man knows how to develop QBs. Also, Mahomes has had arguably the very best TE in the NFL to throw to his entire time in the NFL. Kelce was an all-pro, pro bowler BEFORE Mahomes got there too.

Meanwhile, in 2018 Josh Allen was thrown into the fire behind a crap O line with questionable receivers and an OC who wouldn't call running plays...except of course run plays for the rookie QB.

Under Andy Reid, Josh Allen would be even better than he already is! And in my opinion, he is the very best QB in the NFL today. His team is In the playoffs under a rookie OC! 

You can spin it anyway you like. Mahomes is unquestionable the number one QB in the league. 

24 years? Wow. I still recall when he was hired, many journalists and fans rejoiced, as he had a rep for being a great DC but a bad HC, and the team would implode from internal bickering. That didn't exactly pan out...

My oldest felt empty when Brady retired, since he had played all his time on Earth ha ha. I'll ask him how he feels about this.

20 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

We have a top 3 pick.. very well could get one of the top two QBs. 

Kraft has chosen well since he took over:

Tuna, Carroll, and BB. 3 HOF Coaches, I can’t remember if he brought Tuna in or inherited him though, but still a decent record.

how was Carrol with the Pats?  Tuna was good.  Mayo may not be as good.  Hey, that's funny: he hired Tuna and Mayo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Still going to be weird watching Patriots games without him on the sidelines, especially when the Bills play them.

But it was obviously time for change and still think Belichik has more than enough juice left to contend for a championship especially if he lands with the Chargers, or possibly a team like the Eagles or Cowboys if they make a change if their season ends early in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

how was Carrol with the Pats?  Tuna was good.  Mayo may not be as good.  Hey, that's funny: he hired Tuna and Mayo.  

He was! Pete Carroll did the 3 years between Tuna and BB. He was not ready yet and Kraft really didn’t know what he was doing yet either.

I have been reading post-mortems on the Belichick era in NE, and I think that this one by Seth Wickersham might be the best. It's interesting that the relationship between Kraft and Belichick was never all that good, but as they kept winning the Krafts stayed out of the way. But whenever the team saw any adversity (like losing SBs), the Krafts would try to get more involved. Even during their last few SB years, it seems like Kraft and Belichick basically didn't speak. Now it seems that Jonathan Kraft is going to start having a much larger role in football operations. If I was a Pats fan, that's what would scare me the most.  BTW, someone on the Pats board put it in a service to get around a paywall, but it was from ESPN.

https://archive.is/cljLt

46 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Pats fans are conditioned to only consider people with ties to them.  I am surprised at what I see from fans.  Many are either ok with Mayo or they wanted Vrabel.  Not as much hey maybe we should do a search.   

Help out New England? Why?

Not really.  Nick Saban recommended QB Mac Jones to his friend and listening to him might have cost him his job and record against Shula who called him Bill Beli-CHEAT.

Former Dolphins Player Explains Why Don Shula Didn't Like Bill Belichick: He Called Him 'Beli-Cheat'

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/don-shula-didnt-like-bill-belichick-he-called-him-beli-cheat-dolphins-patriots-nfl/

• Awesome! (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Simon locked and unlocked this topic

Bill Belichick as our DC would be the perfect fit for him.  Back to his roots and the chance to beat NE twice a year, be a coach on a team with Josh Allen.  He was a always a masterful DC and this would allow him to take step back but stay close to the one thing he is truly passionate about.

6 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Bill Belichick as our DC would be the perfect fit for him.  Back to his roots and the chance to beat NE twice a year, be a coach on a team with Josh Allen.  He was a always a masterful DC and this would allow him to take step back but stay close to the one thing he is truly passionate about.

Don't forget the Jets. He hates the Jets with a passion. The Bills could count on 4 wins right there before playing anyone else.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.