Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This will likely be the case for the next 30 years of bills football in January

Yup. 

Last game in 1975 was Jan 12th SB

First game playoff 2024 Jan 13th

the old man nostalgia for “tough football weather like olden days”

…is actually early onset dementia.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

IF we advance, the following results seem to be the best outcomes

If KC Wins, we wanted CLE.  
Browns have best chance to win in Baltimore IMO.

Mahomes again: less than ideal. Even if here.

AFC Champ appearance vs CLE if we’re lucky 

If MIA Wins, we wanted HOU.
Early forecast is more of the same later next week.  Sean’s D against a rookie QB (as good as he seems) who I don’t think has ever played in anything close to this.

AFC Champ appearance vs MIA if we’re lucky

a LOT of IF’s obviously.
Fun to think about though

I expect Miami to be absolutely destroyed tomorrow

Cleveland is the only team that scares me.  That is a historic defense.  Bring KC to Buffalo.  I want KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Yup. 

Last game in 1975 was Jan 12th SB

First game playoff 2024 Jan 13th

the old man nostalgia for “tough football weather like olden days”

…is actually early onset dementia.

I remember watching the first round of the playoffs (no wild card) on Christmas Day.

located 30 min south of highmark, not seeing this bad weather at all yet, so far winds are calm, got some wind and heavy wet snow last night but not anything to worry about, and now its 38 degrees and everything is melting, we will see i guess... things can change fast

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We’d have a much better advantage is this game moved to Indy. 

No one has an advantage playing in this muck, especially not a QB from California. 

The 10 point line might as well be 0. Or 50. As the skill of the players is damn near out the window. 

The idea of “buffalo blue collar bad weather team” is laughable in most cases anyway, but playing a team from the exact same geographical area makes it absurd. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

We’d have a much better advantage is this game moved to Indy. 

No one has an advantage playing in this muck, especially not a QB from California. 

The 10 point line might as well be 0. Or 50. As the skill of the players is damn near out the window. 

The idea of “buffalo blue collar bad weather team” is laughable in most cases anyway, but playing a team from the exact same geographical area makes it absurd. 

It is what it is. No one's moving the game to Indy. Why complain about it?

Just now, CSBill said:

Are there any updated weather reports this morning?

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.76718000000005&lon=-78.74387999999999

Snow showers likely, mainly between 7am and 10am, then snow after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 7am. High near 23. Breezy, with a west wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.76718000000005&lon=-78.74387999999999

Snow showers likely, mainly between 7am and 10am, then snow after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 7am. High near 23. Breezy, with a west wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Thanks, Nuccie. That is better than some of the ominous scenarios I've read in this thread. I hope it holds.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

It is what it is. No one's moving the game to Indy. Why complain about it?

Ok, agree. But I only wish the bills were building a new stadium soon and took these season-impacting weather issues into account. Like a roof of some sort. That would be awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why not move the game.  There isn't going to be a "game" in the traditional sense.

Gonna be a Mickey Mouse contest of fun in the snow with no visibility on the field and mega winds.

Anyone can win or lose a game like that; skill and talent just got sucked right out of the equation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about peak, but the NOAA forcast calls for 32-37 mph winds possibly gusting "as high as 65".  I would guess that number has an error bar which is where 60-75 might come from, but that would seem like the upper end of the upper end.

Still, if I were a Steeler, I'd be wondering if a 3 hr bus drive to hotel near Highmark Stadium might be preferable to a bus to the airport, 1:15 flight, bus to hotel.

I know what listed flight time says. But it’s 100% not an hour plus. I regularly fly Albany to JFK/EWR  which is a super similar distance and it’s 25 minutes wheels up to wheels down and about 45 minutes gate to gate. And that’s commercial. These guys are chartering.

Also, the Albany airport is maybe the worst airport in the country. 

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

located 30 min south of highmark, not seeing this bad weather at all yet, so far winds are calm, got some wind and heavy wet snow last night but not anything to worry about, and now its 38 degrees and everything is melting, we will see i guess... things can change fast

Outside of living in OKC, last years storm was the craziest change in weather I’d ever seen. 

I was at families house in Amherst having a cup of coffee with my uncle at like 7am. I was facing the window. The thermometer outside said it was like 40 degrees. It was rainy by no wind. Then in the snap of a finger everything turned white. Trees were blowing sideways. And the temp immediately dropped like 20 degrees. I looked at him and said “I gotta go” (my inlaws were in Syracuse). I’m already packed and out the door in 5 minutes. The roads were already a disaster. I’m on the 90 in short order doing 30 in 4 drive listening to people call in on the radio saying they were on the 90 heading the same way going 15. They must have gotten on after me.

It was bonkers. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Agreed - I use data from AccuWeather for multiple accounts all over the Upstate - it's horribly inaccurate 

We just had a decent snow, for us, the other day in central PA, if anything they underestimated it.

Edited by billsfan714

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

We just a decent snow, for us, the other day in central PA, if anything they underestimated it.

Right it's not a valid source - thank you - I also understand you are not trying to support what I'm saying - 

Go Bills

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Outside of living in OKC, last years storm was the craziest change in weather I’d ever seen. 

I was at families house in Amherst having a cup of coffee with my uncle at like 7am. I was facing the window. The thermometer outside said it was like 40 degrees. It was rainy by no wind. Then in the snap of a finger everything turned white. Trees were blowing sideways. And the temp immediately dropped like 20 degrees. I looked at him and said “I gotta go” (my inlaws were in Syracuse). I’m already packed and out the door in 5 minutes. The roads were already a disaster. I’m on the 90 in short order doing 30 in 4 drive listening to people call in on the radio saying they were on the 90 heading the same way going 15. They must have gotten on after me.

It was bonkers. 

yeah for sure Mango,  right now its calm and clear out and i am sitting here thinking what storm?  but the warning is for 10 am start and we know it can change quick like it did that day, the sun is even out which is rare around these parts this time of year

Edited by billybob71
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Thanks, Nuccie. That is better than some of the ominous scenarios I've read in this thread. I hope it holds.

It sounds like the real snow is supposed to start happening early this evening.

At least the Steelers will be here so the game can be played one way or another.  

The amount of snow forecast, 1-2 ft., isn't unmanageable although it'll make parking a PITA and who knows what they'll do with it inside the stadium.  Last season's Miami game had unremoved snow, but not that much of it.  I thought that was about the limit.  

Not sure how much turnout they're going to get for $20/hour to shovel in those horrific conditions in sub-zero windchills, at night too.  If I were younger I might do it for $20/hr, a place to sleep, free food, and club level tix.  

Anyone know if there are any live cams near the stadium?  

You'd think they'd have one, they're not expensive.  

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

At least the Steelers will be here so the game can be played one way or another.  

The amount of snow forecast, 1-2 ft., isn't unmanageable although it'll make parking a PITA and who knows what they'll do with it inside the stadium.  Last season's Miami game had unremoved snow, but not that much of it.  I thought that was about the limit.  

Not sure how much turnout they're going to get for $20/hour to shovel in those horrific conditions in sub-zero windchills, at night too.  If I were younger I might do it for $20/hr, a place to sleep, free food, and club level tix.  

https://www.weatherbug.com/traffic-cam/orchard-park-ny-14127

only thing I could find

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Steelers are scheduled to leave PIT at 3 pm.  That should be a fun flight in for them. 

IMG_6596.jpeg

And according to FlightAware, the plane itself is currently at JFK, with weather already approaching PIT.  Keep an eye on that. 

If we lost this game because of wind/snow it will be just another historic Bills curse on big games. But I keep telling myself they have to play in it too. If Rudolph pulls this out we dont belong. On the positive side a friend in Colorado saw Josh play a few times in Wyoming. Wind snow games and Josh was the best player on the filed and won games with his legs.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The other issue with getting people to shovel is the fact that snow won’t be done at that time. Typically they are shoveling out the stadium after a storm. This will be in the middle of it. I’m not bothering driving out in the snow for a one off $20 hr gig. 

12 minutes ago, BRH said:

Steelers are scheduled to leave PIT at 3 pm.  That should be a fun flight in for them. 

IMG_6596.jpeg

Checked the board and most flights into BUF today are already cancelled.  Except a few Delta and an American. But those will probably be cancelled later. No airline wants their planes stuck here. It will be tough to land for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.