Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyways, I don’t care about the Steelers And don’t watch them. Why is Rudolph playing instead of the other 2 busts on their team? 

He only got in due to injury but performed well and they are riding the hot hand 

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Harris and Warren have combined for 32 carries and 89 yds for 0 TDs in last years and 2021 game vs Bills.  If Rudolph can’t throw pretty sure Bills D will shut down PIT run game 

Different teams with different players and schemes. The stats you cited are meaningless. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

If KC wins and our game were moved to monday...if we win we are looking at 2 less days off than KC.

I wouldn't care about this.

A Monday game would be over 90% that the Bills advance. 

• Agree 1

I don’t know why the Steelers are a right off to most people. The football they are playing right now with Rudolph is one that caters to the weather we are forecasted to have…

Tough running game and a feisty defense.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I would counter that when McDermott can make a team one-dimensional, he’s usually very effective.

I’d go back to the Ravens Playoff game where they were the team with the run game advantage but couldn’t really do much of anything.

That being said.. if we struggle to score, all it takes is a turnover in a bad spot or missed gap and we’re chasing them.  

We also are a middling run defense because McD prioritizes defending the pass.   There really isn’t a reason a DL consisting of Joseph, Oliver, Jones, Rousseau, Floyd and Lawson shouldn’t be dominant against the run if they want to be. ….but they’re going to have to be, especially if Dodson can’t go. 

I think we all know this is a huge advantage for the Steelers if the conditions severely limit our passing attack.   

Well said. 

Just now, finn said:

The Bills will miss Gabe Davis' blocking, but this type of game is perfect for tight ends, and the Bills have two good ones. Knox and Kincaid might not leave the field.

Sherfield is also a good blocker.  He made key blocks last week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Sherfield is also a good blocker.  He made key blocks last week.

I really think this be the first game that the DK brothers completely dominate - they haven't played a ton together but I just have this feeling it all happens this week

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyways, I don’t care about the Steelers And don’t watch them. Why is Rudolph playing instead of the other 2 busts on their team? 

Pickett got knocked out of 3 games and Trubisky was totally ineffective in relief.  So when Pickett's Week 13 injury sent him to IR, they benched Trubisky and went with Rudolph booping up a 3-2 record that put them in the playoffs and the best performance of the three of them.

So when Pickett came off IR, Tomlin wasn't on the fence about staying with Rudolph.

4 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Do you get to eat it too?

Yes, it's very handy if you get stuck in the snow and need a snack.  Frozen cake still gives the yums.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

Anyone remember that playoff game in the waning days of the Kelly years, where we rushed for over 300 yards?

They used so many reverses, and then fake reverses once the D was anticipating them.  It was genius.

I'd love to see that kind of play calling.  When you do that kind of misdirection in a game like this, the D has a really challenging time turning on a dime.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

You want to show some stats to backup these claims?  I don't see anything where PIT is a much better- if better at all- run team.

Harris rushed for 1,035 yards for an average of 4.1 yards a carry. 8tds

Warren rushed for 784 yards for an average of 5.1 yards a carry. 4 tds

Harris 29 catches for 170 yards.

Warren 69 catches for 370 yards . 

Last 3 games Steelers ran for 155 yards vs Baltimore, 202 yards vs Seattle, and 113 yards vs Cinci. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone remember that playoff game in the waning days of the Kelly years, where we rushed for over 300 yards?

They used so many reverses, and then fake reverses once the D was anticipating them.  It was genius.

I'd love to see that kind of play calling.  When you do that kind of misdirection in a game like this, the D has a really challenging time turning on a dime.

Are you comfortable running something we haven’t implemented all season though? Is this the time to try new things? What’s your opinion?

Heard some disappointing news from an acquaintance in the DA's office today about an incident involving a player. Not a critical player and I can't say who, but I don't think it will effect things this week. I'll never understand how these guys can ***** up so badly.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Success said:

Was it against the Dolphins in 1995? It's the only game I can think of before he retired. We lost to Pittsburgh the following week in the divisional.

6 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

Heard some disappointing news from an acquaintance in the DA's office today about an incident involving a player. Not a critical player and I can't say who, but I don't think it will effect things this week. I'll never understand how these guys can ***** up so badly.

Did it have to do with misappropriated welfare funds in the state of Mississippi?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Weather guy on CBS evening news said cameras may not be able to see the field, hearing contingency plan to move game to Monday, not sure how much better Monday would even be.

Isn't it supposed to die down by Monday?

This doesn't even sound entertaining or fun to watch. What is the point if the field is a whiteout and we can't see anything? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Are you comfortable running something we haven’t implemented all season though? Is this the time to try new things? What’s your opinion?

I am. I think this is 100% the game to pull out some wrinkles, and some trick plays.

They need to have fun w/ this - not go all turtle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Line has finally moved by a half point …-9.5.now …

Because the over under continues to go down.  When the o/u gets so low it’s hard for the spread to stay apart. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Harris rushed for 1,035 yards for an average of 4.1 yards a carry. 8tds

Warren rushed for 784 yards for an average of 5.1 yards a carry. 4 tds

Harris 29 catches for 170 yards.

Warren 69 catches for 370 yards . 

Last 3 games Steelers ran for 155 yards vs Baltimore, 202 yards vs Seattle, and 113 yards vs Cinci. 

All those stats were against different teams with different players and schemes.  Therefore they are meaningless………………gotcha 😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

GOOD NEWS!, my buds dog did the nfl playoff bracket by placing a dog bone on each teams sheet n she ended up pickin the bills over the lions in the big dance....

he is a dolphins fan so he was not pleased...its -12 here on vancouver island which is unheard of, so luckily the dog got to stay inside, albeit with a tongue lashing...im bringing dog treats 2 the pooch later..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Weather guy on CBS evening news said cameras may not be able to see the field, hearing contingency plan to move game to Monday, not sure how much better Monday would even be.

Nothing like another extra day of rest for the Kansas City Chiefs.

12 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

The players may have to sleep at the stadium tomorrow night. Not sure how the Steelers are gonna get here.

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I skied the Sierras last year for the first time. Driving in was....wild. I have done Colorado a few times, but I never saw anything like the 15 foot snow walls all the way in to Taho. 

Independence Pass in Colorado has 15 foot plus every year.

Just an observation of this thread.  Nothing to do with you Mango.

What the hell has happened in this world lately with all this "man" fear?

Sean Connery would be rolling over in his grave with the comments in this thread.

Hats On!

19 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

Lol what on earth.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Most reports have the snow ending around the end of the game.  Visibility wise it should be fine on Monday.  

Funny though how the moment it interferes with the profits, then it's a concern.  

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, Success said:

I wouldn't care about this.

A Monday game would be over 90% that the Bills advance. 

It's not the Bills advancing that I'm talking about...it's that with a win and a KC win...we host KC with them on 2 extra days off (they play saturday night).

46 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

Non Critical players - Kyle Allen, Reggie Gilliam, Trent Sherfield, Quintin Morris, a backup O-lineman, Shaq Lawson, Tim Settle, Poona Ford, Tyler Matekavich, Baylon Spector, Siran Neal, Cam Lewis Sam Martin. 

Everyone else is somewhat of a critical player, starter or has quite a bit of playing time 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.