Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

56 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

We might see a lot of Latavius Murray with his ball security on Sunday. 

You don't have to throw it 35 times but still let Josh take some chances. I would actually say the chances of him throwing a pick are lower than usual in this weather. Incompletions aren't good either but the key will be not turning it over.

Rudolph isn't beating you in perfect weather so he definitely isn't beating you in this kind of weather. Bring Poyer and Hyde down and stop the run. I'll take my chances with Rudolph trying to throw a deep ball in this weather even with no safety help. 

Fournette is better option, he fumbles less and better receiver.  In my eyes, He seems much quicker and has more power than Murray.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The guys on FS1 this morning said the Steelers would be morons to attempt even one pass in the weather.  They should run every play and wait for Bills mistakes.  I also would question Buffalo throwing any pass beyond 5-7 yards.   If they try to get cute in terrible winds and snowfall it will not be good.  It's not only hard to throw but its hard to track the ball and catch it too (it's rising and dipping all over the place).  It will be a waste of a down if Josh is trying to complete downfield passes.

Just run, scramble a bit with Allen and play better D than Pittsburgh and wait for THEM to make the mistakes.

Ohhhh nooooo, let McDermott play with 5 DL and a linebacking corps playing out of its mind while letting him rest his CBs.

Let the 3rd best YPC offense slug it out vs the 23rd

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Fournette is better option, he fumbles less and better receiver.  In my eyes, He seems much quicker and has more power than Murray.

I don't know if Ty Johnson is concussed or what his deal is, but if he's out I'd have Fournette and Murray active,  along with Cook and Gilliam.  

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't know if Ty Johnson is concussed or what his deal is, but if he's out I'd have Fournette and Murray active,  along with Cook and Gilliam.  

An all backfield day.

The forecast is built for the TE and jumbo sets we've been complaining about earlier in the season. I don't mind some bootlegs with Kincaid as a receiving option either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

I am traveling from about 3 hours away and see drastic differences in what each weather site is calling for. What is the local news reporting as likely snow amount? this is from accuweather which I use the most.

Snow 2024-01-12 at 10.33.30 AM.jpg

Edited by gordong
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm also wondering how well Cook will perform in the snow. He never seemed to find his footing in the Bengals playoff game last year, and Motor was effective. 

Of course they only handed the ball off 11 times. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'm also wondering how well Cook will perform in the snow. He never seemed to find his footing in the Bengals playoff game last year, and Motor was effective. 

Of course they only handed the ball off 11 times. 

If the Bills come out in shotgun on the first drive and try to get cute and pass and go 3 and out I'll lose my mind lol.  This will be ground and pound, I can see a lot of Murray and Fournette, the snow will be piling up on the field. Maybe some dump offs to Cook where he can make dudes miss.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I posted this, exactly, which odd what your statement was on; 

We could say the same thing retroactively about the Skylar Thompson Miami game last season, ... that we nearly lost.  

That's not two things, it's one.  

There's no guessing involved.

No you actually posted this.

11 hours ago, PBF81 said:

We could say the same thing retroactively about the Skylar Thompson Miami game last season, ... that we nearly lost.  

(It's this thing down here) 👇👇👇

Anyone seen this ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12953427/Playoff-game-Steelers-Bills-Buffalo-moved-CLEVELAND-bad-weather-prompts-state-emergency-declared-western-New-York.html

Notice how there's something else at the bottom. Like I don't know what the point was misquoting yourself.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Ground crews will be prepared. Jeffrey Fowler with the Penn State Cooperative Extension works closely with grounds crews all over the world. He said the Bills crew has seen snow before.  

"Armageddon could hit them and they wouldn't even know the difference," Fowler said over Zoom.  

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

An all backfield day.

The forecast is built for the TE and jumbo sets we've been complaining about earlier in the season. I don't mind some bootlegs with Kincaid as a receiving option either.

Many years ago the Chiefs ran a full house backfield. How about our 2 big backs and Gilliam? 🤣

Keyshawn has the Bills winning 35-10  (up 35-0 and Steelers score some garbage points)

Michael Irvin more concerned about weather, has Bills winning 21-17 but could flip the other way in those conditions.

Skip says Pittsburgh is winning 19-16.  

2 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

Josh was 15/30 145yds 1td in the wind game against the Pats, that wind was way worse than it will be on Sunday.

It was bad, 38 mph sustained winds with gusts around 60 mph.   Josh was able to throw 10 - 15 yarders effectively, in fact we didn't begin throwing the ball until the 2nd half when we came to a realization that he could make the throws.

I think the offensive game plan will consist of tons of running with some play action and I believe the play action could be very effective.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Ground crews will be prepared. Jeffrey Fowler with the Penn State Cooperative Extension works closely with grounds crews all over the world. He said the Bills crew has seen snow before.  

"Armageddon could hit them and they wouldn't even know the difference," Fowler said over Zoom.  

What does this mean?… because we all watched the Bills blizzard game from a few years ago and you could definitely tell the difference.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Keyshawn has the Bills winning 35-10  (up 35-0 and Steelers score some garbage points)

Michael Irvin more concerned about weather, has Bills winning 21-17 but could flip the other way in those conditions.

Skip says Pittsburgh is winning 19-16.  

talking heads gonna talk

Upper deck tickets are under $100 now. Lower bowl tickets fell under $200 yesterday afternoon. Lower bowl between the 30's is below $250. By kickoff tickets will be $20-30 for upper deck, and $200 or less for all lower bowl.

absolutely amazing given pittsburgh travels so well. tickets were at $400 on Sunday evening and that was a bargain for a playoff game against pittsburgh.

for the first time ever i did not wait until Friday or Saturday to buy due to the thought that the steelers fans will gobble up the tickets and prices would only remain consistent and scarce to get a worthwhile shot. I paid $380 for lower bowl ticket in 135. double what it would cost tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

It was bad, 38 mph sustained winds with gusts around 60 mph.   Josh was able to throw 10 - 15 yarders effectively, in fact we didn't begin throwing the ball until the 2nd half when we came to a realization that he could make the throws.

I think the offensive game plan will consist of tons of running with some play action and I believe the play action could be very effective.

Belichick even went for the 2pt conversion to avoid a PAT.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Sounds good on message boards but I think downfield passing will lead to a few drive killing drops.  It's hard to catch in that stuff. I would have a moving pocket keep all passes short and lots of Josh off script runs towards the sidelines.

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You will not see me complain. Remember that stupid little toss sweep Achae was killing us with? Imagine that with three backs.

That would be great and I was shocked the Dolphins just quit using it. I know we “adjusted “ but I thought they would stay with it.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What does this mean?… because we all watched the Bills blizzard game from a few years ago and you could definitely tell the difference.  

right?? all the preparedness in the world doesnt change the fact thats its impossible to keep the field clear if the rates of snowfall are what they were during the Colts game and what could possibly be happening on Sunday 

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

No you actually posted this.

Notice how there's something else at the bottom. Like I don't know what the point was misquoting yourself.

A misunderstanding.  

Imagine, in a forum.  

:D 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He is talking about the ground crews preparing the stadium for the game

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Chest thumping nonsense... we all know two games have been moved in the last few years because of weather.  Fill that stadium with 2 - 3' of lake effect snow and there is nowhere to move it to.  

1 minute ago, GottaRun said:

Chest thumping nonsense... we all know two games have been moved in the last few years because of weather.  Fill that stadium with 2 - 3' of lake effect snow and there is nowhere to move it to.  

Not really. Those games are cancelled due to travel to/from the game and parking lot issues...there is nowhere to park and plow crews aren't worried about trying to plow parking lots out when streets aren't open.

Also a political issue where people demand to know why they are wasting resources there when their streets aren't plowed in case of medical emergency 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I’m hearing 55-60 inches with 110 mph prevailing winds now

weather's getting worse on a logarithmic scale

another hour of this the stadium will be 10' under

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

No Douglas would be huge. Dodson too. Rapp and Davis are whatever. 

We should be able to survive this one without Douglas.  It's great news that he is close enough not to be ruled out, should be back next week then   

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

We should be able to survive this one without Douglas.  It's great news that he is close enough not to be ruled out, should be back next week then   

This.

I would sit him this game.  Need this dude going foward if we get there.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

No Rapp in a game where thumping is needed is not ideal.

True but the man closed out the Miami game. He did his job. It’s the grand plan on the way to the SB that he gets the week off (hopefully only one week!)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

No Rapp in a game where thumping is needed is not ideal.

Yeah, Rapp is a significant piece.  

He’s played 42% of snaps (421) this season for the Bills as the team has rotated 3 safeties. 

My hope is it’s Cam Lewis out there, not Damar Hamlin. 

20 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No Douglas would be huge. Dodson too. Rapp and Davis are whatever. 

Really? Douglas would be huge in a game where the longest pass attempted by the Steelers might be 10 yards?

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah, Rapp is a significant piece.  

He’s played 42% of snaps (421) this season for the Bills as the team has rotated 3 safeties. 

My hope is it’s Cam Lewis out there, not Damar Hamlin. 

Especially with Hamlin's terrible angles in run fits.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.