Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

20 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

There is little doubt that the Steelers will try to run the ball, then run even more, and keep running until the Bills can stop them, especially with the weather forecast. Plus it shortens the game and helps to keep the score close

They will probably come out in a two tight end set, and sometimes three.

I wonder if McDermott will stick to his lighter LB/DB base defense, or if he'll add the extra linebacker to stop the run.

Rudolph does chuck it occasionally, but I dont think of Pittsburgh as a throwing threat, particularly if it's windy and snowy.

And this is a game not having Dodson could be big loss.  With a torn labrum, he can probably play but he will be limited vs when he is healthy, not sure we want that.  Hopefully Spector and/or Williams can step up.

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Everyone’s acting like it can’t happen here. It has happened here a lot. Eagles, Bengals and Steelers fans usually buy a lot of seats. Every Bills home game I’ve been to vs those teams had a lot of their fans. 

I am getting low offers from people who have tickets in the lower bowl........there will be a lot of Steelers fans there.  It will be ironic given what happened last week.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

And this is a game not having Dodson could be big loss.  With a torn labrum, he can probably play but he will be limited vs when he is healthy, not sure we want that.  Hopefully Spector and/or Williams can step up.

I am getting low offers from people who have tickets in the lower bowl........there will be a lot of Steelers fans there.  It will be ironic given what happened last week.

When we say a lot what do we mean ? If it were back in the days of Roethlisberger I'd say 50% steelers fans , but now I can't imagine they have much hope of winning. I'll take a guess and say 25% steelers fans.

10 hours ago, eball said:

Fantastic comment.  Well said.

Also I'll add that EPA takes all this into account and Allen has pretty much been 1st or 2nd every year since 2020.

45 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

There is little doubt that the Steelers will try to run the ball, then run even more, and keep running until the Bills can stop them, especially with the weather forecast. Plus it shortens the game and helps to keep the score close

I wonder if McDermott will stick to his lighter LB/DB base defense, or if he'll add the extra linebacker to stop the run.

Rudolph does chuck it occasionally, but I dont think of Pittsburgh as a throwing threat, particularly if it's windy and snowy.

This is a game they definitely are going to want to have Linval Joseph active for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

When we say a lot what do we mean ? If it were back in the days of Roethlisberger I'd say 50% steelers fans , but now I can't imagine they have much hope of winning. I'll take a guess and say 25% steelers fans.

I think tickets will drop like a rock as you get closer to the game, I believe that happened for the Bengals game last year.   Steelers fans will need to deal with the same thing though, I have no idea, 25% sounds about where I would guess too.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I think tickets will drop like a rock as you get closer to the game, I believe that happened for the Bengals game last year.   Steelers fans will need to deal with the same thing though, I have no idea, 25% sounds about where I would guess too.

Yes it did.   Bills also released some singles sporadically starting a few days before the game.  That’s how I ended up grabbing my ticket.

38 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I'll take Spector over Dodson if the Steelers are going run first.

Edited by Commish
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

There seems a different opinion of the weather every hour … 

Perhaps it’s still a little early to be too concerned ?

I don’t understand how grown adults can live for decades without realizing that weather forecasting only starts being reliable about three days out. Come on, people. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

When we want to stop the run we can.  I'm sure Joseph will be up this week to go along with Jones, Oliver, Groot, and Shaq.

I'm sure the plan will be to make Rudolph beat them.

I was wondering about Joseph being active, also.  Would not be surprised if he's in and Von is out this week.

• Agree 2

The one way Pittsburgh can make this a game in my opinion is to have success with their run game especially off tackle. If the weather reports come to fruition having 5 DT’s dress makes sense. Probably have the 5th DE or Dotson be inactive. 

Injury report will be telling today what direction we go. The one way Pittsburgh can make this a game in my opinion is to have success with their run game especially off tackle. If the weather reports come to fruition having 5 DT’s dress makes sense. Probably have the 5th DE or Dotson be inactive. 

33 minutes ago, Cash said:

I don’t understand how grown adults can live for decades without realizing that weather forecasting only starts being reliable about three days out. Come on, people. 

from personal experience in relying on the weather a lot i have some rules of thumb i live by...

• if over the course of 3 days there is over a 30% chance of rain - it will rain.
  • if weather is determined by % chance of rain to be over 80% it is likely but..
    • check the pressure systems
    • check the root data (i can read it)
  • temperatures are weather, too and generally matter most
  • wind is also reliably forecasted

when i have to cut hay i browse at least 5 different sites but also have my own station on weather underground and read the basic data. i live at one of the highest points in the county that covers about 2 sq miles atop two major ridge lines and 15 miles north of a large river valley. weather is amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Personnel is very interesting. I don’t know if they take taron off for Dorian Williams. If they do take taron off I would prefer an extra DL. Give me 3 DT (ED DQ Joseph sounds great) shaq with hand in dirt and Rousseau or Floyd as a Sam type. They have hade both of them off ball at times this year. With Bernard’s direction (really wanna hear how he watches tape cause he sees it all) and Spector I feel good we can stop any run game 

54 minutes ago, Cash said:

To a degree, this is true.  Weather systems are chaotic.  I have a friend who is a huge weather nut, and she really has a gift.  She called Sandy two weeks before.  She has called probably 10 nor’easters, and has yet to be wrong.

Long term weather trends can be deduced.  For example Cirrus clouds are high altitude, and precede oncoming weather.  They can be indicators of oncoming weather.  

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Do you think the forecast will change? I'm pretty sure it will be cold, windy and snowing

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Do you think the forecast will change? I'm pretty sure it will be cold, windy and snowing

Where do y'all see snow?  Everywhere I check shows 26 mph wind and 10% chance of precip from 1-4 pm on Sunday

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

I mean certainly the first two and possibly the second but the degrees matter a lot. 

Cold? No. The Bills spanked the Patriots just fine playing in the single digits in 2021.

Wind? A 25 MPH swirling wind you get in the Ralph will affect throws, but it favors Josh with a rocket arm over Rudolph. At 40? It's going to be a ground and pound.

Are we talking flurries, or running in inches of snow?

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Rectify our ales?  Too warm?  Head too foamy?

🤷‍♂️  he sure is quirky.  Not too funny when they let the season slip through their fingers.  I haven’t watched the other episodes but it sure seems like he’s lost the locker room.  

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where do y'all see snow?  Everywhere I check shows 26 mph wind and 10% chance of precip from 1-4 pm on Sunday

image.thumb.png.dc66d53e83c1b812caef5cec0156bbe6.png

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean certainly the first two and possibly the second but the degrees matter a lot. 

Cold? No. The Bills spanked the Patriots just fine playing in the single digits in 2021.

Wind? A 25 MPH swirling wind you get in the Ralph will affect throws, but it favors Josh with a rocket arm over Rudolph. At 40? It's going to be a ground and pound.

I only worry about wind...if it's at 20mph then we're good

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Reminder, the Dolphins hard knocks episode dropped , just started , feels like a must watch 

Definitely an entertaining watch.

Felt bad with the whole Baker angle, knowing he gets hurt again.

I personally like McDaniel, but it seems like he's having to dig deep into the motivation bag for a team that doesn't really seem to be buying into it. 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

image.thumb.png.dc66d53e83c1b812caef5cec0156bbe6.png

I only worry about wind...if it's at 20mph then we're good

Honestly that forecast is gold for me. A slight slickness so their run game is a touch slower/Rudolph's timing is a bit off, and winds where Josh won't be super accurate, but should be accurate enough on intermediate throws.

Of course, if things change, so does the game plan.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

When we want to stop the run we can.  I'm sure Joseph will be up this week to go along with Jones, Oliver, Groot, and Shaq.

I'm sure the plan will be to make Rudolph beat them.

As stated, there's zero excuse for not winning.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Definitely an entertaining watch.

Felt bad with the whole Baker angle, knowing he gets hurt again.

I personally like McDaniel, but it seems like he's having to dig deep into the motivation bag for a team that doesn't really seem to be buying into it. 

ya agreed on all points, i get that vibe too 

16 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Tua to Josh Allen: I love competing against you brother.

Josh Allen to Tua: We'll see you again in a couple weeks. We'll see you again here in a couple weeks? 

lol - is Josh concussed?  Oh no

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a slopfest, because no one does slop like Pittsburgh.

That being said, slopfests is also a pretty good way to describe most of the games the Bills have played this season.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The forecast really won't mean much until Friday/Saturday.  Mine was calling for 20" of snow yesterday but today it's back to 1" with the big snow being Mon/Tue.  

8 minutes ago, uninja said:

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a slopfest, because no one does slop like Pittsburgh.

That being said, slopfests is also a pretty good way to describe most of the games the Bills have played this season.

ill take Josh Allen in a slop fest over any player in the world.

Did you watch him last week in Miami?

That dude aint letting his team lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1. You are all giving the Steelers too much credit. You guys are making it seem like we are playing the best football team to ever live

2. why are you so concerned about some wind? We will be fine

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Depends on where the lake effect band sets up.  Strong winds a slam dunk for Sunday.  Snow amounts unknown at this time, per NWS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.