It is called The Shnow Plow!!!

bmur66

C'mon man. Get it right. It's not the tush push. It's not the brotherly shove. It's definitely not the bobsled. In Buffalo it is the SHNOW PLOW!

And Dion Dawkins is the Shnowman!

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Whatever, just get the first down. And do it while you can this year because shnow plows, tush pushes, etc most likely all to be banned next year. All the owners of the NFC East on the rules committee except Philly.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I think we ran it 4 times last night and got a first each time.

And the league has already said they are addressing it in the offseason, so it's as good as gone once the playoffs end. 

They didn't get it once, on 3rd down.  I believe they ran it again and got it on 4th though.

3 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Uhhhh we didn’t convert on the 4th down with about two mins left in the game.  And I believe we also tried it on third down just before that. 

Yeah that's right.

It didn't work twice.

They need to use it less, so it keeps working 

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

And the league has already said they are addressing it in the offseason, so it's as good as gone once the playoffs end. 

And to be honest, I was surprised the refs didn't flag us for "leverage" on Josh's jump push. It was dangerously close to it, and even may have been a penalty as the rules currently state.

It’s been very effective for sure. Something happened on the failed 3rd down attempt. Josh appeared to change his mind at the line of scrimmage and essentially double pumped the snap thus throwing off the timing of the whole play. Not sure what he saw that caused him to veer right instead of left. I’m guessing he thought they’d gone to the well too many times (like a penalty kicker in soccer). 

2 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

And to be honest, I was surprised the refs didn't flag us for "leverage" on Josh's jump push. It was dangerously close to it, and even may have been a penalty as the rules currently state.

Can you specify? Don't think I ever heard a ref call a penalty for leverage

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Whatever you want to call it, why don't we put Spencer behind Josh instead of a running back. 

I’d rather put Linval Joseph there. Strongest man on the team. 

Except the last time (to seal the game).

I wouldn’t have called that there (and said so in the game thread). We typically get at least a half yard on the shove, but that was a long full yard, and we don’t always get that. 

• Agree 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Josh's jump/surf move takes his size and strength out of the equation and probably limits the effectiveness of the play. Once he's on some guys back he's nowhere near the same threat to push forward and much easier to stop.

Completely agree. Him trying to leap up in the air lost him his legs and leverage. I like how he shifts over to a B gap but stop jumping and get a giant olineman in there behind you.

Definitely did not get a first when on the attempt that would've got the Bills a first down and ended the game

Why? 

League wide the play is no longer an automatic 1st down, although it's still very successful. 

We failed to convert on it twice last night. So at the end of the day, it's like a QB sneak that almost always works but not always. 

Best way to defend it? Don't get into 3rd or 4th and less than a yard on defense. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

the broadcasters had to keep calling it the bobsled so they can promote the dumbass olympics.

what’s your beef with the Olympics 👀👀

it’s better to have on then the golden batchelor or whatever irrelevant content the networks have shown for the half half decade. 

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

what’s your beef with the Olympics 👀👀

it’s better to have on then the golden batchelor or whatever irrelevant content the networks have shown for the half half decade. 

they're not about the athlete like they used to be and instead about the pageantry, politics, and suh vs. the festival of athletes.

for athletes, though it is a tremendous time. i've heard from friends who have gone that it is a wild party.

2 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Nope. We missed on it twice last night. Miami was selling out to it. We need a counter if we get that look again. Maybe a quick pitch to someone in motion or a TE sneaking out from a faux block

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh's jump/surf move takes his size and strength out of the equation and probably limits the effectiveness of the play. Once he's on some guys back he's nowhere near the same threat to push forward and much easier to stop.

Right.

gotta stay low and drive those legs.

He goes to the left every time. I understand that's our best side of the line but if we notice it then the other teams notice it and will stack the biggest mofos on the team on that side for any future short yardage plays

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

We missed it twice including the 4th down that gave the Dolphins the ball back with about 2 minutes to go in the game

that was a first down. should have gone to review.

they also blew the whistle WAY too early as the pile was still moving.

that's poor officiating not a flaw of the play.

keep doing it. 

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Agree, it was just gamesmanship. Where everyone has in their head get as low as possible, then *BERMAN WHOOP* Josh goes over the pileup. Would like to see him leave it in 1 of every 4 or 5. Just makes defense hesitate a little about getting low which makes things easier

Let's talk Josh Push. Miami put up the best resistance yet. They fully packed the middle and surged ferociously (Wilkins finally had a good game against us).

But it's nearly unstoppable and I love that they're willing to do it twice in a row now and on our side of the field. It could win the Super Bowl if they continue to hone it. The jump version worked once late and then got stuffed on the crucial 4th. I don't love that version except to dunk on the goal line. I like the slight delay off guard version.

Hear me out...we should supercharge the push with even heavier personnel (before they ban it this off-season). Look at the replay of the failed one - of the three guys in the backfield, Shakir and Lenny do nothing and Gilliam only gets a brief push (Wilkins blew this one up almost singlehandedly.) Put Ed, DaQuan, and David Edwards back there to push instead. 300 lbs more and I'd guess 4x the leg power. Everyone knows it's coming, so disguise doesn't matter. It would never be stopped. Be shameless with it.

(Full disclosure: I'm a rugby player and have been stumping for stuff like the push forever. I also wanted us to train Marshawn to take QB sneak snaps, unstoppable.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.