Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

No doubt that the lawyers are involved with the lawsuit implications.  

I just don't get greed in extremely wealthy people. They don't want to postpone because the revenue will be slightly lower? They're upset because, what? they can't buy a 3rd helicopter pad yet another house on a tropical island? They're willing to risk the safety of fans for a .0002% gain on their portfolio? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With a state of emergency already declared, doesn’t that basically ban “unnecessary “ travel?  If that’s the case would going to the game become illegal??

I think the state and local governments could force the NFL’s hand.  

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I would like to get home safe to my young kids just like I’m sure everyone else does. If that makes soft, I’m cool with that 

Dude quit being soft!!! Paint your walls with lead paint, get the whole family smoking ASAP, youre going to want to have the deet truck's route and time down perfectly, CAN NOT miss that. if this is how the parents of the generation that ruined the housing market raised their kids, we have to METICULOUSLY replicate that plan.

we should all feel honored to die going to our favorite laundry's entertainment event! WAKE UP 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What brand is it?

I was thinking of either going to the game or launching myself at the intakes for a float down the Niagara River.  

Leaning the river.

That sounds as if it's going to be postponed too Monday. 

3 p.m.  

Would be perfect.  

No doubt that the lawyers are involved with the lawsuit implications.  

Regatta Norway. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks for the tip and helping me confirm my suspicions that @Milanos Milano is tbd IronMaidenBills/AraizasCurse.  Build a terrible rep- change name and start over hoping no one recognizes. 

meanwhile-  Araiza is still out of a job

Thanks for the effort and for confirming the new identity.  A troll, is a troll, is a troll I guess.  He has managed to pick up a few new fans though.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

https://regattanorthwest.com/products/regatta-active-911-flotation-suit?variant=24481342275

I coached rowing for a long time. They’re the best. I don’t have to carry around a million layers. Just street clothes. Step in. Stay warm and dry. Step out. 

Just curious if you've ever field tested it in cold water?

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ your profile says that you joined august 11th 2014

I may have registered back in the day, but I have 63 posts, all this year. Can you check if I have any name changes detective?

There's no need for subterfuge when calling out pedants and herbs.

10 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

With a state of emergency already declared, doesn’t that basically ban “unnecessary “ travel?  If that’s the case would going to the game become illegal??

I thought the state of emergency was currently specific to thruway and highway tractor trailers pulling tandem trailers

fwiw, now that we're about 24hrs out, it looks a bit less impactful than it has the last couple days.

NWS leaning toward a solution that has the heaviest band oscillating North of Orchard Park during the earlier part of Sunday.

Never any guarantees with lake effect, but a step in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

fwiw, now that we're about 24hrs out, it looks a bit less impactful than it did the last couple days.

NWS leaning toward a solution that has the heaviest band oscillating North of Orchard Park during the day Sunday

Inshallah 🙏

The snow band is the big problem. The latest i’ve seen has the band up in the northern Erie and Niagara county early Sunday morning. But it starts shifting back towards Buffalo and OP by later in the morning and pretty much over the stadium areas during the start , slowly moving more southward. So maybe the late 3rd and 4th Qtrs has less snow and better visibility 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just curious if you've ever field tested it in cold water?

No. Heads up, it isn’t a dry suit. It isn’t meant to keep you warm while submerged. It’s just meant to keep you warm outside and float in the event of an emergency. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, finn said:

I just don't get greed in extremely wealthy people. They don't want to postpone because the revenue will be slightly lower? They're upset because, what? they can't buy a 3rd helicopter pad yet another house on a tropical island? They're willing to risk the safety of fans for a .0002% gain on their portfolio? 

Agreed with your points.  How do you think they became extremely wealthy?  They can’t resist squeezing out the next dime.

• Agree 1

There are alot of conflicting reports out there.  Some say the snow band will be just north of OP, while others ay there will be a band over the stadium at kickoff.  One thing is for certain, it will be very windy, like the Pats game a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

If the NFL were smart they'd move the KC game to 1 pm Sunday and move our game to Monday. That would solve two issues at once.... 

But the broadcasters will have a fit, with a split audience for two games. And, if it's anything like soccer here, they're the most important people in the room.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Are snow plows necessary?  My BIL works for state on snow plow shift in night (12 hour) shift.

Is going to a sporting event considered necessary travel ? I've seen orchard park issue travel bans for less,  it will be interesting what happens if they issue a travel ban right before the game starts.  Will they play in an empty stadium ?

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th

12 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

There are alot of conflicting reports out there.  Some say the snow band will be just north of OP, while others ay there will be a band over the stadium at kickoff.  One thing is for certain, it will be very windy, like the Pats game a few years ago.

I think the reports of wind are exaggerated based on the forecasts I am seeing. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Are snow plows necessary?  My BIL works for state on snow plow shift in night (12 hour) shift.

Point A: If the county is under a travel advisory, or possibly a travel ban, what's going to happen when a car full of fans is like 5 miles from the stadium, and local police or the Erie County Sheriff pulls them over, gives them a ticket, and then tells them to turn the car around and go back from where they came from?  

Point B: My son-in-law also works for New York State driving a snow plow. Plows are necessary even for a rescue mission. Because during last year's blizzard, he drove a plow from Batavia to Angola with his boss following right behind with a van. They rescued people stranded on the thruway during the blizzard. 40 people and one dog to be exact. They would load up the plow and van with people, drive back to the Cheektowaga barn, make sure those being brought were inside and safe, and go right back out. He worked a 25-hour shift that day. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Mango said:

There was time you could bring a thermos and/or a duffel bag of blankets, food, etc. 

I have a duffel I kept filled with gloves, hats, rain jacket, etc, so I was ready for any weather condition, even if it changed part way through the game.  I suppose I could do the same with a clear bag, but I could not carry as much. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

That sounds as if it's going to be postponed too Monday. 

3 p.m.  

Would be perfect.  

Game would be over in enough time for the night game.  

38 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

That's my thought also. The state could come out and say no fans, and I'm not sure why they have not done that yet.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m exhausted from reading about, worrying and obsessing about the weather  Lol.  

Can’t wait until this game is over to be honest. Win or lose this leading up “process” is a grind. 

I know i can just shut down the app and ignore it all but i have to see it through 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Absolutely pathetic the powers that be didn't get this stadium out of the snowbelt.

You reap what you "snow."

I disagree in the sense that I'd rather keep the game in town. But we've seen these conditions coming down the pike for days. There were options. Now delay might be inevitable 

2 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Agreed. Winds seem to be less severe than being reported. Maybe 20-25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Snow on the other hand...will be an issue. 

agreed. That’s what I am seeing. it will

mean we should be able to throw relatively well.

snow is a crapshoot, but probably 50/50 it misses the stadium. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

If you're doing that I'd plan to cross the border by 2-3pm. All the info I keep going back to says to be in OP by 5

I am coming from the south from NC. Leaving in 30 min.

Picking up @Simon on the way so he can lick your door handles and cough on you, right? 

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I have a duffel I kept filled with gloves, hats, rain jacket, etc, so I was ready for any weather condition, even if it changed part way through the game.  I suppose I could do the same with a clear bag, but I could not carry as much. 

Game would be over in enough time for the night game.  

That's my thought also. The state could come out and say no fans, and I'm not sure why they have not done that yet.  

Yeah, I don’t understand the mixed messages being given at this point. I’m not commenting on whether the game should happen, but how do declare a state of emergency without moving the game at the same time? Don’t declare the state of

emergency in that case. The ironic part is the storm being on a weekend, the majority of “unnecessary” travel would be for the game. The rest of WNY wants to be home watching. 

11 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

'Lil late for this time, but would this work?

https://clear-handbags.com/products/clear-duffel-bag

As a separate note, my life changed when I discovered there is such a thing as a 2 gallon ziplock bag 🥰🥰

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.