Bills @ Dolphins game thread - 1st Half

Simon

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Or was he calling out Brady.

Because if McD wants Allen to throw it into the endzone, WHO does he want him to throw it to?

There was not a single Bills receiver in the endzone!!!!!!

Not a single one!!!

IMG-6352.jpg

Well,  that makes it plain enough,  doesn't it?

Watching it live,  I was surprised Johnson's momentum didn't carry him into the endzone.  Credit to the defender for a great tackle. 

59 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Where is @CincyBillsFanto say that Allen’s play is the least of the passing game worries?

I'm watching the game and the first INT was 100% on Davis - watch the replay.  The 2nd INT was on Allen but as usual Davis was in the vicinity.  The 2nd Allen TD was dropped by Cook.  That is Cooks THIRD dropped easy TD catch this season.  THIRD!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Not sure how many times I seen a pass dropped in the endzone then a negative play the to follow it up with this team. Seems in big games it happens 

Happened in ‘89 against the Browns. 

1 minute ago, finn said:

I missed that. What did he say?

He was visibly still heated and said the ball can't be thrown short of the end zone in that situation 

Just now, finn said:

I missed that. What did he say?

Something about he shouldn't have thrown it in the field of play, he should have thrown it to the endzone.  

Maybe if someone in the End Zone had been schemed open.  

Either way, that's BS, you don't say that. 

Meanwhile, his D has sucked gigalo balls.  

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

This isn't the fanbase I thought it was.

The mocking of Allen is.....stupefying.  He has had some bad throws. We would not be in the game, and wouldn't still have a great chance to win, without him.

It's actually kind of sickening. 

WE have some really dumb "fans" that were prob to young to remember the drought.

The mocking of Allen is.....stupefying.  He has had some bad throws. We would not be in the game, and wouldn't still have a great chance to win, without him.

Happens every week. Yeah he makes some boneheaded plays, but he is the reason we are relevant every season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It wasn’t a very smart play but he had a legitimate shot at punching that in and the dolphins reversed his momentum instantly.  In the grand scheme of things I think it was the right idea because we ain’t stopping Miami without Douglas and Dodson…gotta try to outscore them 

Seeing a screenshot of the play, the play was bad. Very bad

Id still take the throw though, think 80 to 90 percent of the time he is bouncing into the endzone 

I mean it’s been like this all season. He’s definitely regressed each of the last two years IMO. Making a lot of unforced errors. 

• Agree 1

The throws are wide open just by the scheme.  Running game is working fine.  Throwing the ball to the other team or running around for ten minutes and doing something dumb is not helping.  Pick up some positive yardage and go down or throw it the f away.  We don't need hero ball .............. we have a TEAM that can play.  Play within the game plan.  

2 minutes ago, julian said:

He needs to not be an emotional tool publicly ripping the franchise on TV, maybe worry about his own play calling and stopping a toss sweep … he’s a knob 

McDermott isn’t the problem right now.

Period.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, peterpan said:

He is right - but what about the play call? Why are there 3 guys on that side of the field crowding out the end zone?? Why is a RB running over the middle of the field short of the end zone????

I'm tired of excuses. S h I t or get off the pot. 2 INT's, 1 half ending pass short of the end zone, all 3 in field goal range. I'm sorry, what would the score be without those mistakes? Potentially 9 points left on the table, giving us the lead going in to the half with possession on opening half drive?

Losers talk about would of should have, winners go Home and f u c k the prom queen.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Seeing a screenshot of the play, the play was bad. Very bad

Id still take the throw though, think 80 to 90 percent of the time he is bouncing into the endzone 

My stream froze with the ball in the air and I really thought it was gonna result in a td 😂

12 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

He has to make that decision in a split second. He’s not sitting at home in his comfy sofa with a beer watching TV. 

I do not drink.  Have played the game.  That was end zone or throw it away.  Learned that in Little League football. 

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm watching the game and the first INT was 100% on Davis - watch the replay.  The 2nd INT was on Allen but as usual Davis was in the vicinity.  The 2nd Allen TD was dropped by Cook.  That is Cooks THIRD dropped easy TD catch this season.  THIRD!

Allen blindly threw the ball to Davis yet it’s Gabe’s fault. Sure. Cook dropped a TD pass, yes, but Allen also overthrew a wide open Diggs, a point you conveniently left out. We WONT win a SB if Allen can’t raise his level of play. His supporting cast doesn’t always come through, but he’s gotta play more consistent. 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

He failed 3 times in the red zone with 2 picks - it IS his fault 

First one no way, second one is on him but it flipped the field a bit on 4th down, no points to close out half has to fall on him…you better be darned sure he’s gonna get in if you throw it short there…it was really close and I think he gets in more often than not but he didn’t get in this time 😂

At this point I feel like we should pull our starters and call it a night. Can't handle more injuries, and it's most likely about to be 21-7 in a few minutes. Better luck next week I guess.