Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

A nice breakdown for those asking.

If KC holds on here we would only need one of the Steelers or Jags to lose OR a Houston/Indy tie to get in.

Agreed. Shut down the thread, all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is a waste of time.

Start a new thread about those three games for week 18 and call it a night. (Which I think I will start)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Seventeen said:

If JAX or PIT lose and we lose, we would be the #7 seed and play again in Miami the following week.

Doesn’t Indy plays Houston?  That winner will have 10 wins with a better conference record if the Bills lose.

Just now, ngbills said:

10 win team will be missing the playoffs. Hope it’s not us. I see HOU beating IND, Jax beating TEN, PIT beating BAL subs. We need to win. 

No problems from me .. they are making up the numbers if they don’t get the 2nd seed 

Kansas City Chiefs Football GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bengals fell short, but it's going to be interesting to see where Browning ends up next year. I think he's shown enough to get a starting opportunity next year somewhere. 

Not unless someone wants to pay the Bengals for his rights.

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Was he hurt or just benched to protect him for next week?  I think the latter.

Tua played until 8 minutes left in the game. He got hurt and they didn’t put him back out there with the game already decided. 

34 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

You guys are insane. Arguing for no reason.

Would the Ravens prefer the Bills or the Steelers in the playoffs mix?

My response was that you said that the fact that the Ravens are favorites in the AFC was debatable.   They have two more wins than any other team in the AFC.  They play in the toughest division in the NFL (all teams are a least 500) and they have a point differential of +210 which is 77 higher than #2 (Bills at +133).   They might now make the Super Bowl but there is no realistic debate about who is favorite.

On your question of whether the Ravens would prefer the Bills or Steelers -- I doubt that they think that far ahead.   The Steelers always play them tough.  Pittsburgh was one of the three teams to beat them this year (17-10), was 1-1 against the Ravens last year (14-16 and 16-13) and 2-0 against the Ravens in 2021 (20-19 and 16-13) and frankly, the Steelers have played better than the Bills the last two weeks.

Edited by Billy Claude

36 minutes ago, BRH said:

Saturday night would be bad for the Dolphins.  One less day to get guys back from injury.  I expect the league to give both teams the full week for this. 

Would make more sense to give the Texans and Colts a full week, as it is all or nothing for both, whereas the Dolphins are in the Play Offs.

Plus, if the Jags or Steelers lose, then the jeopardy isn't quite so great on the Bills. Play on Saturday and it's win or sweat it out through Sunday.

Just don't see Jax losing and I think Ravens will lie down against the Steelers. Absolutely crazy that a Bills' win or loss is likely the difference between a 2 seed or no playoffs at all. No playoffs at all also maddening given there will likely be at least 2 8 loss teams making the playoffs.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Just don't see Jax losing and I think Ravens will lie down against the Steelers. Absolutely crazy that a Bills' win or loss is likely the difference between a 2 seed or no playoffs at all. No playoffs at all also maddening given there will likely be at least 2 8 loss teams making the playoffs.

The Bills pulled off the unthinkable this season to put themselves in this crazy scenario. 

I would expect the ravens to rest anyone banged up. I would expect their healthy starters to get a few drives. 

Huntley is pretty solid though. And the ravens 2nd stringers can still cause Rudolph problems. 

Go titans

And go bills

19 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

tennessee needs to beat Jags  OR

Baltimore backups need to beat steelers for us to get in with a loss

im not even gonna muddy the waters with the tie scenario

You can’t field a whole team of backups and the Steelers are starting like a 5th string qb talent wise lol I don’t think it’s a sure Steelers win no matter what the ravens decided to do with starters 

Just now, stlbills13 said:

I would expect the ravens to rest anyone banged up. I would expect their healthy starters to get a few drives. 

Huntley is pretty solid though. And the ravens 2nd stringers can still cause Rudolph problems. 

Go titans

And go bills

Huntley should’ve beaten the bengals in the playoffs last year 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.