Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

Just now, stevestojan said:

You sure? If KC and Seattle lose today (which both are on pace for) I imagine the odds with a loss plummet. 

Those odds take into account Pitt likely losing to Bal next week and CIN to CLE.  Problem is those teams have nothing to play for.

If the games don't go our way today we are likely out with a loss next week, IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BRH said:

We finally control our own destiny for the division and all I read here is how we need help from this team or that team today to make the playoffs.

***** that.

Eh. Making it a sure thing would be better going into next week. Especially with how the offense just sh-t the bed. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Eh. Making it a sure thing would be better going into next week. Especially with how the offense just sh-t the bed. 

Making what a sure thing?  The 6 or 7 seed?

That seeding is for losers.

Win next week and we get two, possibly three home playoff games, plus we don't play Baltimore until the AFC Championship (if they make it).

Lose next week and I'd rather get a better draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just learned that Humphrey’s real first name on the Broncos is “Lil’Jordan.” 

Why?

According to NOLA.com, it’s on his birth certificate. “Lil’Jordan” stems from Humphrey’s older brother, Terry Michael, who wanted his little brother to be named after his favorite player, Michael Jordan. Humphrey’s mother didn’t want two Michaels in the family, so she came up with a compromise: “Lil’Jordan.”

That’s something. 

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

Especially if Josh is banged up.  Knowing you have a spot either way might sway how you play him in Miami

Tua's banged up too. 

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Just learned that Humphrey’s real first name on the Broncos is “Lil’Jordan.” 

Why?

According to NOLA.com, it’s on his birth certificate. “Lil’Jordan” stems from Humphrey’s older brother, Terry Michael, who wanted his little brother to be named after his favorite player, Michael Jordan. Humphrey’s mother didn’t want two Michaels in the family, so she came up with a compromise: “Lil’Jordan.”

That’s something. 

And think he's like 6'5"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BRH said:

Win next week and we get two, possibly three home playoff games, plus we don't play Baltimore until the AFC Championship (if they make it).

With teams “helping” makes a playoff spot guaranteed. There’s still a chance with no playoffs in the event we come out flat next week again. That’s the only concern and why I understand the perspective of people who are clamoring for help from other teams… Lose next week with the way things are currently unfolding then Buffalo miss the playoffs period. 

Would rather be guaranteed a playoff spot and the chance to be playing for the #2 seed rather than playing for the #2 or squat…

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Wow, I can't agree with that. The slightly better slot won't matter anyway, and the whole season in ONLY about the playoffs for me now with Josh.  

A shot to get in is all that's needed and the playoffs are the best time of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

😂

you state seeding is for losers but state “rather get a better draft pick”???

JFC 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.