Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

15 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Tomlin is rolling into Don Shula territory. I can't believe he's been in Pittsburgh 17 years. Am I that old?!

You're not old, unless you can remember when Noll was their coach (and Terry was their QB), like I do!

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, chongli said:

You're not old, unless you can remember when Noll was their coach, like I do!

I went to a game in Pittsburgh the year after the Steelers beat the Seahawks in the SB. They made a dedication to Chuck Noll at half time. He got a standing ovation if I recall. Noll coached for a long time after the glory years until 1991 and got Pittsburgh into the post season with Mark Malone, Walter Abercrombie, and Frank Pollard. Noll's last playoff season was 1989. 

Edited by stuvian
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

In 2020 the Ravens rested their starters in the final week of regular season, came out flat and promptly lost to the Titans two weeks after. They won't want to repeat that trick. I think the starters will take some snaps, albeit perhaps only for a half.

Far more likely, unfortunately, that the Browns will field back ups against the Bengals.

Yeah, they might play some.  Similar to a preseason game but I highly doubt they risk injury and play a full game.  Lamar has been hurt the last few years. Hell half their team has been hurt the last couple.

Edited by Scott7975

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What if it’s Daboll?

Daboll is the only one that'd vaguely make since didn't they already fire the WTF's coach? I suppose it could be McCarthy that team is awful outside of Dallas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.