The #2 seed is actually obtainable now

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because they haven’t won a game in the last month 

Change to your local team ..the Vikings …

They are winners 

You guys are missing the point. Who cares about winners? To invest that much time and emotion into a team is what I question. That elimination game, if it comes is a pain. That's all I'm saying. Priorities change with time I guess. I'm still a fan but at a healthy distance.

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

You guys are missing the point. Who cares about winners? To invest that much time and emotion into a team is what I question. That elimination game, if it comes is a pain. That's all I'm saying. Priorities change with time I guess. I'm still a fan but at a healthy distance.

Come on John … you want them to win it all like the rest of us …one day…👍

7 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

My guess is that the NFL is counting on Week 18 being Bills/Phins flex, so either they don't want back-to-back weeks with same team OR it's possible that puts Miami above the allowable primetime (unable to flex week 18)

There is no flex on week 18, all games are listed as TBD because they will announce the Tuesday before when each game is, none are currently scheduled as to which day or time they will be played.

The Bills could be in a real strange scenario on week 18.

-If they beat the Pats

-If the Ravens beat Miami

-If Bengles or Steelers win their 2 games..

In this scenario..if the Bills beat Miami, they get the no2 seed

but if they lose that game, they are out.

It's a lot of -IF- but it's possible.

Just beat the Pats first. We lost some of those kind of games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsMontreal said:

The Bills could be in a real strange scenario on week 18.

-If they beat the Pats

-If the Ravens beat Miami

-If Bengles or AND Steelers win their 2 games..

In this scenario..if the Bills beat Miami, they get the no2 seed

but if they lose that game, they are out.

It's a lot of -IF- but it's possible.

Just beat the Pats first. We lost some of those kind of games this year.

FIFY

• Thank you (+1) 1

If the Ravens beat Dolphins and the Bills win the next two games against the Patriots and Dolphins they would be AFC East Champions and the 2nd seed. The Bills would have same record as the Chiefs, but hold the tiebreaker as they beat them. 

1. Baltimore

2. Buffalo

3. Kanas City 

4. AFC South champ

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Possible.  Ravens certainly looked good enough last night to squish the Fish and the Chiefs look bad enough to keep losing.

We don't need the Chiefs to lose anymore. They are 9-6 same as the Bills. If the Bills win out and win the division then KC would have to come to Buffalo if they were to meet in the playoffs. Still the Bills need to beat the Pats as this won't be an easy game along with a Ravens win. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Draconator said:

The Steelers games have no bearing on the Bills playoff chances what so ever. Get a grip.

This couldn't be more wrong

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's a scenario where we could be going into the final game with a win for the 2 seed and a loss knocks us out of the playoffs.  Wild.

Uber realistic. Most likely way to get to this scenario:

Steelers beat Seahawks and Ravens backups

All relevant favorites win

Bills beat NE, lose to MIA

=Bills out

15 hours ago, Draconator said:

I really don't think we are going to lose the next two, but obviously I'm in the minority 

??? Losing the next two is not the concern

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This couldn't be more wrong

Uber realistic. Most likely way to get to this scenario:

Steelers beat Seahawks and Ravens backups

All relevant favorites win

Bills beat NE, lose to MIA

=Bills out

??? Losing the next two is not the concern

Steelers can win out and we could beat Pats, lose Miami and still get in. All we need to happen is any combination of 2 of the 5 teams that are 8-7 have to lose just 1 game and then we clinch with a 10-7 record. Ex: 1 bengals loss and 1 Colts loss or 1 Texans loss and 1 Steelers loss and we still get in at 10-7

16 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Steelers can win out and we could beat Pats, lose Miami and still get in. All we need to happen is any combination of 2 of the 5 teams that are 8-7 have to lose just 1 game and then we clinch with a 10-7 record. Ex: 1 bengals loss and 1 Colts loss or 1 Texans loss and 1 Steelers loss and we still get in at 10-7

I know, but that's not going to happen if the teams who are favored win

32 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Things are falling in line for the Bills.  EVERYONE is beatable including Ravens and 49ers.  They can do it! 

I don't get it. While other teams may be beatable, the same can be said for the Bills. They are very inconsistent this season.  While they have won 3 in a row, the only game they looked dominant in was against the Cowboys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Basically if we win the division we will be the #2, right? 

In that scenario we are 11-6 and the only other 11-6 division winner is the Chiefs where we have the H2H?

There is no scenario is there where we can be the #3?

Exactly, if we win the division we have to win both games. And even if the Chiefs win out, we have the tie breaker over them. 

So winning the Division will make us the #2 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Exactly, if we win the division we have to win both games. And even if the Chiefs win out, we have the tie breaker over them. 

So winning the Division will make us the #2 seed.

And the #5 is almost certainly out because we'd need the Browns to lose out as they have a 2 game conference record lead so in a world where we win out but Miami beats Baltimore we'd need Cleveland to lose both (which I can't see) to have them at 10-7 and us at 11-6. If we have equal records they have the tiebreaker. 

So real terms it is #2 or #6 or #7 or miss out altogether. Wacky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Basically if we win the division we will be the #2, right? 

In that scenario we are 11-6 and the only other 11-6 division winner is the Chiefs where we have the H2H?

There is no scenario is there where we can be the #3?

There is one scenario, where we finish with the same record as the Chiefs and the Jags, in which case we finish as the 3 seed through some weird tie breaker math

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There is one scenario, where we finish with the same record as the Chiefs and the Jags, in which case we finish as the 3 seed through some weird tie breaker math

Unfortunately that is not the case. We cannot lose a game and win the division because the Fins already have 11 wins. And winning the Division is the only way to get a #3 seed.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

But we are a game up on the Jags and we can only win the division by winning out? So we can't tie with them surely?

48 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Is there a scenario where the Bills can lose a game and still make the playoffs now?

I think now one win is more likely than not enough.

#3 seed is impossible.  Only way for us to win division is to win out (and for Miami to lose vs Baltimore).  If we win out, our record is better than Jags and we win tiebreaker vs Chiefs (if they win out too, doesn't come into play otherwise).  Thus, only seed for us as a division winner is #2. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But we are a game up on the Jags and we can only win the division by winning out? So we can't tie with them surely?

You're right.  What I was talking about was when I looked at the playoff machine before this past weekend games.  The option to end up 3rd is off the table.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

A win vs. NE, along with losses by PITT & CIN (both on the road, against SEA & KC, two teams with much to play for), would clinch a playoff berth in Week 17.

This scenario to me is the most probable. Both of those teams could win and losses by HOU and IND would also clinch it for us. Just need any combo of the 8-7 teams to lose Sunday. 

If the season ended today ...

#1 Baltimore - Bye

#7 Indianapolis @ #2 Miami

#6 Buffalo @ #3 Kansas City

#5 Cleveland @ #4 Jacksonville

Ravens and Dolphins have clinched playoff berths but haven't clinched their divisions. Browns clinch a playoff berth with 1 more win.

Bills have scored 70 more points than the Chiefs and have given up only 11 more points than them at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.