Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One of our players almost died on the field, when the hell were we lucky last year

Got a home game rescheduled to a dome when we should have played it in Pittsburgh or Washington.

OT rules were changed due to us bitching. 

There was something else but I'm hammered lol

2 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Got a home game rescheduled to a dome when we should have played it in Pittsburgh or Washington.

OT rules were changed due to us bitching. 

There was something else but I'm hammered lol

technically the Titans were the ones who proposed the rule change, not the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Dan Campbell likely gets it.

Deservedly so

14 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Can is the key word.  We might lose to the Pats next week, why would you not want a cushion?

Of course I wanted the pats to win

I don’t really think that that was the question. I think it was well Miami’s probably going to beat us or some bull#### like that.

Why would the bill fan go into a game expecting to lose

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I suspect a close game. It's a  division rival and they know each other well. No way is this a gimmie game. 

I suspect a game like last year's in Buffalo. They may hang for a bit but Bills pull away comfortably. Traditionally Allen plays the Pats pretty well.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

Ah well. Unfortunately Miami got the lucky bounce they needed to barely beat a winning team.

But everything else broke our way. I'll take it. 

More like Dallas' FB couldn't hold onto a handoff... seriously WTF was that?

I suspect a close game. It's a  division rival and they know each other well. No way is this a gimmie game. 

Anyone that has watched the Bills this season knows there is no such thing as a gimmie game.  I fully expect if we do win, it will be a tight one score game that we are sweating through until the clock runs out.  The chance we just handle them is extremely small.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, about that... 

whoops

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

They need to lose to the Bill's, you better not root to them vs the Bill's

I say go bills. forgive my late night slip of the post

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I never thought the game was over. The Broncos were down 16 which was two possessions. 

People here were prematurely calling the game over.

You saw how the game played out. 

This feels like a semantics argument waiting to happen lol…I think when people say the game is over they are saying I am 100% sure this team is going to lose 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

If Baltimore loses to SF & Miami  , Miami will get the #1 seed. What happens if Bills beat Miami ? The 3 way tiebreakers between Miami, Baltimore & KC would go which way? 

Somehow, the Super Bowl will be hosted at Arrowhead.

• Haha (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

If Baltimore loses to SF & Miami  , Miami will get the #1 seed. What happens if Bills beat Miami ? The 3 way tiebreakers between Miami, Baltimore & KC would go which way? 

I think, but prepare to stand corrected…

If the Ravens lose tomorrow they drop behind the Dolphins on division/conference record. The Chiefs will be a game behind with a win.

If the Ravens then lose to the Dolphins, Miami cannot finish below Baltimore in the seedings due to head to head.

If the Bills then beat the Dolphins, and the Chiefs win out, then the Chiefs get the one seed on division/conference record.

1. Chiefs, 2. Dolphins, 3. Ravens

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think, but prepare to stand corrected…

If the Ravens lose tomorrow they drop behind the Dolphins on division/conference record. The Chiefs will be a game behind with a win.

If the Ravens then lose to the Dolphins, Miami cannot finish below Baltimore in the seedings due to head to head.

If the Bills then beat the Dolphins, and the Chiefs win out, then the Chiefs get the one seed on division/conference record.

1. Chiefs, 2. Dolphins, 3. Ravens

What is Raven's lose tomorrow, beat Miami, then we beat Pats and Miami? And Chiefs win out?

1. Ravens 2. Chiefs 3. Bills?

Edited by Gman10

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I suspect a game like last year's in Buffalo. They may hang for a bit but Bills pull away comfortably. Traditionally Allen plays the Pats pretty well.

I would very much like to see that happen. I'm pretty confident the Bills will win but nothing this year seems easy. 

What a roller coaster ride we fans have been on. Overall, a great week for the Bills! 

I would very much like to see that happen. I'm pretty confident the Bills will win but nothing this year seems easy. 

What a roller coaster ride we fans have been on. Overall, a great week for the Bills! 

Eh, they have 5 wins by 20+ points, I wouldn't go that far and say "nothing" looks easy. The Fins, Jets and Cowboys games looked pretty easy.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You don't seem to understand. There is a very high chance that the Broncos keep the Bills out of the playoffs.

Not no more Billy.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don’t really see them as a threat but I’m not great at math.

With their loss to the Pats tonight the broncos are no longer a threat to us in the playoff race and are all but mathematically eliminated from playoff contention 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Say the Bills beat NE. What are the chances that the Bills still make the playoffs even if they lose to Miami?

98% chance according to several different playoff machines 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Crazy that every team we wanted to lose this weekend lost.....except the one we wanted to lose the most.

Let's just hope the Bills take next week seriously. This quote from Gardner Minshew today about their loss to Atlanta sums it up:

"You start counting wins and you start doing schedule math and you look around, it's like, 'Well they lost to Carolina; we beat the Steelers... Well you know what? You gotta go earn it right now. And if you take this lightly, you might not end up with another [chance]."

Followed up by Zaire Franklin:

"Don't feel like you beat a team on paper just because [we're] supposed to be better. It's hard to win in this league. Unfortunately, today was a lesson."

Fans think there's no way professional athletes who are paid millions of dollars would make the mistake of overlooking an "easy" opponent, but here's two guys that basically said they're guilty of it too.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Say the Bills beat NE. What are the chances that the Bills still make the playoffs even if they lose to Miami?

98%...well depending on how other games go that week.

Bills could clinch a playoff birth next week with a win and a Pittsburgh loss in Seattle and a Cincy loss in KC. Basically there are 5 games that matter next week and any combination of 2 teams losing and a Bills win clinches a playoff spot.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.