Eisen "Don't let the Bills in the playoffs"

Scott7975

Sorry if this video was posted already. It probably was but I didn't see it. Lot of praise from Eisen.  I've been saying this for a while now.  Before the media.  Bills will be the most dangerous team in the AFC playoffs IMO.  That doesn't mean they will win but nobody wants to play the Bills because they can beat anyone.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Scott7975 changed the title to Eisen "Don't let the Bills in the playoffs"
3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry if this video was posted already. It probably was but I didn't see it. Lot of praise from Eisen.  I've been saying this for a while now.  Before the media.  Bills will be the most dangerous team in the AFC playoffs IMO.  That doesn't mean they will win but nobody wants to play the Bills because they can beat anyone.

We can hope this season the SB winner is an aberration........like Josh and the defense putting the team on their back in the playoffs like the out-of-his-mind Joe Flacco SB Ravens or something........but they don't have all of the elements of any recent SB participant.    Their playmakers don't stack up.  

• Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I saw on YouTube a show called the Oline committee, doing a piece on the Bills Dallas game, it was entertaining, had a couple of O line guys describing the Oline in relation to the run game.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We can hope this season the SB winner is an aberration........like Josh and the defense putting the team on their back in the playoffs like the out-of-his-mind Joe Flacco SB Ravens or something........but they don't have all of the elements of any recent SB participant.    Their playmakers don't stack up.  

KC’s playmakers last year on the offensive side of the ball weren’t all that.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Flip Johnson said:

The Bills are not lacking the playmakers to win the Super Bowl. The weapons could and probably should get better in 2024, but the team has a top 3 QB and a blue chip WR and RB. 

Along with two good TE's, a good offensive line and a capable #2 WR in big games, the offense 8 times out of 10 won't be the problem.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Their playmakers don’t stack up to the Rams?  I disagree.  They have a better WR2 (who missed most of the game).  Van Jefferson is a jag.  Skowronek is a jag.  Brycen Hopkins was their TE1.  Henderson was out of the league a year later.  Akers is close.  

WR - Kupp was better than Diggs is right now.  The other WRs are slightly better than ours.  Advantage Rams.  

RB- Akers coming off achilles and still hasn’t recovered.  Henderson = Jag.  Cook is 3rd in the nfl in yards from scrimmage, only trailing 2 mvp candidates.  Advantage Bills

TE-  no comparison- advantage Bills.

We can also talk about the chiefs of last year……. But I’m sure you’ll just find a way to say that Juju is good. Their WRs were bums last season. They were saved by Jerrick Mckinnon being their 2nd best offensive player the last quarter of the season.  Mahomes, Kelce, Reid and Spags won the SB.  Take away Juju and add rice this season…..and now everyone says their WRs are the problem.  They were a problem last year too.  Masked by the greatness of the big 4

I’d take this group of Bills playmakers over the last two SB champs playmakers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Eisen is certainly not alone in that thinking.  The Bills have seemingly overcome the losses of Jones, White and Milano on defense, controlling, even dominating the best offenses in the NFL (apart from their own).  On offense, if the line continues to play as well as they appear to be playing, the Bills have talent enough at all their skill positions to make it a very tough offense to defend.  I've said elsewhere, I'm finally seeing the Bills play with focus, something that was missing in the middle of the season.  If you add focus to all the other parts they have in place, they really are capable of beating anyone.

37 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yeah, the Rams' Nacua is a stud. Wish we had him. Way better than Davis.

There have been hundreds of wide receivers who have came out hot out of the gate and then had average careers

Including the guy above him on the list with most hundred yard games in Odell Beckham... Dude went from Hall of Fame start to no chance he's getting in

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Their playmakers don’t stack up to the Rams?  I disagree.  They have a better WR2 (who missed most of the game).  Van Jefferson is a jag.  Skowronek is a jag.  Brycen Hopkins was their TE1.  Henderson was out of the league a year later.  Akers is close.  

WR - Kupp was better than Diggs is right now.  The other WRs are slightly better than ours.  Advantage Rams.  

RB- Akers coming off achilles and still hasn’t recovered.  Henderson = Jag.  Cook is 3rd in the nfl in yards from scrimmage, only trailing 2 mvp candidates.  Advantage Bills

We can also talk about the chiefs of last year……. But I’m sure you’ll just find a way to say that Juju is good. Their WRs were bums last season. They were saved by Jerrick Mckinnon being their 2nd best offensive player the last quarter of the season.  Mahomes, Kelce, Reid and Spags won the SB.  Take away Juju and add rice this season…..and now everyone says their WRs are the problem.  They were a problem last year too.  Masked by the greatness of the big 4

Dude you forgot to mention Kyren Williams who imo is the 2nd best back rn behind CMC

2 hours ago, Magox said:

KC’s playmakers last year on the offensive side of the ball weren’t all that.

The Chiefs were MORE of "that" last season though.

And they had a short road to the SB(the only one of the past 4 years that they didn't reach the SB was the year they didn't have a bye).    

The Bills don't have a second boundary receiver who can run a full route tree,  create RAC, catch a contested throw or AT LEAST draw the occasional PI penalty.     Juju could do all of those things for the Chiefs..........which then made MVS more effective and so forth.       

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

OBJ was huge for the Rams in their SB run and was on pace to be the MVP for the Rams in that SB.    They held on after he got injured.   But they don't get there without him stepping up........including the 9-11 for 113 versus the Niners in that closely contested NFCCG.

The quality of a teams WR2 has been a huge indicator for teams reaching the SB the last 6 seasons.    

The quality of individual RB has been inconsequential for the most part.  For decades now.   And that's because run defense is about effort and technique and defense's tend to raise the levels of those things in playoff games. 

4 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The addition of Cook as a viable run/catch changes the O personnel math. PLUS replacement D personnel now getting used to each other. O actually scoring points in 1H. 

Yeah I will believe a RB is the difference when it happens again.    As I said in another response,  run defense is all about effort and technique.   So defense's can easily elevate that aspect of their game in the playoffs.......and often do.   Think about the 2017 Bills defense in the WC game in Jacksonville.   That was a team that had given up a franchise record of rushing yards over a 3 game span earlier that season.    They were STOUT in that playoff game.    This reality has long spelled doom for run-centric teams in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Does he talk about how the Bills are coming for your souls again?

The best team at having rip your heart out loss's

41 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And another TE that catches a lot of TD passes to go along with an all of a sudden top OL.

Anyone arguing this point is clinging to their prior opinion.

Aren't Knox and Kincaid the best TE combo we have had in a long time?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Yeah, the Rams' Nacua is a stud. Wish we had him. Way better than Davis.

Yeah he’s a stud. I loved him in college.  

I was talking about the rams WRs during their SB title season

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Dude you forgot to mention Kyren Williams who imo is the 2nd best back rn behind CMC

I was talking about the year they won the SB.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

OBJ was huge for the Rams in their SB run and was on pace to be the MVP for the Rams in that SB.    They held on after he got injured.   But they don't get there without him stepping up........including the 9-11 for 113 versus the Niners in that closely contested NFCCG.

The quality of a teams WR2 has been a huge indicator for teams reaching the SB the last 6 seasons.    

The quality of individual RB has been inconsequential for the most part.  For decades now.   And that's because run defense is about effort and technique and defense's tend to raise the levels of those things in playoff games. 

And gabe Davis was huge for us during playoff runs.  Doesn’t mean he’s great.

it seems as if your overly obsessed with WR2.  Andy Reid wasn’t last season when he won a Super Bowl with zero good WRs.  0.

Who was the eagles WR2 when they won the SB?

who was the patriots WR2 when they won in 17 and 19.

who was the chiefs WR2 when they won both of their SBs.  

tampa had a great wr2

You can include Gronk, ertz and Kelce in there….  But that just negates your argument the bills not having a good WR2. We have a very dangerous TE combination.  We have a better RB than all of those teams too.  None of the SB champion RBs on the teams mentioned are as good as James cook. As a runner or a reciever. 

I don’t believe history reflects what you’re suggesting.  

I get your point and I know how’ve you’ve felt about our WR sitch…..and I agree with you that it’s not up to par, but I believe we’ve invested in 2 very good playmakers in Cook and Kincaid.  They aren’t WRs per se but their potential in the passing game is ridiculous.  

our offensive potential is on par with nearly all of the champions in recent years imo.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And gabe Davis was huge for us during playoff runs.  Doesn’t mean he’s great.

it seems as if your overly obsessed with WR2.  Andy Reid wasn’t last season when he won a Super Bowl with zero good WRs.  0.

Who was the eagles WR2 when they won the SB?

who was the patriots WR2 when they won in 17 and 19.

who was the chiefs WR2 when they won both of their SBs.  

tampa had a great wr2

You can include Gronk, ertz and Kelce in there….  But that just negates your argument the bills not having a good WR2. We have a very dangerous TE combination.  We have a better RB than all of those teams too.  None of the SB champion RBs on the teams mentioned are as good as James cook. As a runner or a reciever. 

I don’t believe history reflects what you’re suggesting.  

I get your point and I know how’ve you’ve felt about our WR sitch…..and I agree with you that it’s not up to par, but I believe we’ve invested in 2 very good playmakers in Cook and Kincaid.  They aren’t WRs per se but their potential in the passing game is ridiculous.  

our offensive potential is on par with nearly all of the champions in recent years imo.  

TE can be a WR2 equivalent if they are really outstanding receivers.   How does including a TE who averages 15 yards per catch and has a 65% catch rate and 60+ yards per game like Gronk negate the argument?

Kelce was great in all 3 of the Chiefs SB years and Tyreek and Watkins were the 2nd and 3rd options in 2 of those SB appearances.

And last year Juju was a do-everything-well second option at WR who put up WR1 bulk stats(24th in yards receiving) and provided Mahomes a crazy efficient near 80% catch rate passing game weapon.   It would be incredible if the Bills had someone like that opposite Diggs this season.  In fact compare his efficiency numbers last year to Diggs stats this year.   Better ypc, success%, catch rate, YAC, yards per target.......he was legit VERY good last year.

The Bills TE's haven't been dangerous.   Knox has had a truly terrible season.   His biggest impacts were two crucial 4th down drops........one that nearly lead directly to a loss against the NYG.......and one that greatly contributed to defeat in NE.   Before that he has always been an inconsistent passing game weapon just like Gabe.   Kincaid has show more promise but he has a pathetic 8.1 yards per reception and 6.7 yards per target.   He's been toothless to this point.   

Maybe this year is the exception when you don't need a stud 2nd receiving option?    Maybe this year playoff defense's don't shut down offense's that rely so heavily on RB's like this year's Bills and Chiefs?  That's why top ranked, must-feed RB's don't win SB's.......but again, maybe this year is finally the exception?   

There are a lot of maybe's but my point is that the known quantities that the Bills have as weapons are not on par with what has been getting teams to SB's.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nonsense.

Plenty of SB winners have playmakers no better than ours. It's only after they take home the trophy that the deification takes place.

Last year's Chiefs had Valdes-Scantling, Smith-Schuster, the rooki Skyy Moore and Mecole Hardman. Pacheco was good. Of course, Kelce was terrific, but that is anything but Murderer's Row there.

The year before the Rams had Kupp, Robert Woods managing 556 yards, Van Jefferson, and Beckham there powering to 537 yards.Sony Michel and Darrell Henderson at RB, and Tyler Higbee at TE. Kupp had as good a year as we've ever seen but after that their WRs were only decent. RBs and TE also only decent.

Did Brady ever have terrific skill position guys, at NE, outside of maybe Gronk? They years they had Moss they never got a championship. Or in Tampa for that matter? He had Evans being all-world, but not all that much after that. Gronk put up 623 that y;ear and Godwin 840. None of those are all-world.

Yeah, there are some SB winners that put together terrific groups, like the WRs on the 2006 Colts. Plenty more just have good group.

Like us. James Cook suddenly looks like one of the best RBs in the league. Diggs stands up to anyone and the guys behind that are not great but they're solid and looking better since Brady took over. Our TEs look terrific.

We have a good solid group and plenty of SBs have been won with that. You close your eyes and imagine Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, but actually most SB teams are balanced. Good skill position guys, often with a terrific QB throwing to them and making them look better.

We've got one of those.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

Link?

It’s on YouTube

search “Oline committee” 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is the problem having arguments so bad that you have to exaggerate wildly to make them look reasonable.

Which game was the one where Beckham looked like he was on pace to be their MVP that year? The one against Green Bay where he put up his high for the year with 81 yards and a TD? Oh, yeah, MVP type stuff all the way right there!!! The one where he got his second high with 79 yards and zero TDS against Arizona? Or the one where he got his third-highest with 77 and zero TDs against Cleveland? Oh, must be his fourth-best, with 39 yards and a TD against Baltimore.

Yeah, I can totally see where you'd come up with "on pace to be the MVP," there. Lord! Must've had Stafford, Kupp and Donald shaking in their shoes.

Again, that's the problem with putting out arguments so sad they need wild pumping up to even look reasonable.

Edited by Thurman#1

15 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense.

Plenty of SB winners have playmakers no better than ours. It's only after they take home the trophy that the deification takes place.

Last year's Chiefs had Valdes-Scantling, Smith-Schuster, the rooki Skyy Moore and Mecole Hardman. Pacheco was good. Of course, Kelce was terrific, but that is anything but Murderer's Row there.

The year before the Rams had Kupp, Robert Woods managing 556 yards, Van Jefferson, and Beckham there powering to 537 yards.Sony Michel and Darrell Henderson at RB, and Tyler Higbee at TE. Kupp had as good a year as we've ever seen but after that their WRs were only decent. RBs and TE also only decent.

Did Brady ever have terrific skill position guys, at NE, outside of maybe Gronk? They years they had Moss they never got a championship. Or in Tampa for that matter? He had Evans being all-world, but not all that much after that. Gronk put up 623 that y;ear and Godwin 840. None of those are all-world.

Yeah, there are some SB winners that put together terrific groups, like the WRs on the 2006 Colts. Plenty more just have good group.

Like us. James Cook suddenly looks like one of the best RBs in the league. Diggs stands up to anyone and the guys behind that are not great but they're solid and looking better since Brady took over. Our TEs look terrific.

We have a good solid group and plenty of SBs have been won with that. You close your eyes and imagine Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, but actually most SB teams are balanced. Good skill position guys, often with a terrific QB throwing to them and making them look better.

We've got one of those.

Kupp is the GOAT tho... Also Brady had Welker one of the GOAT slot WRs then Edelman as well another GOAT.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.