Allen Flopping

Kingston Bills Fan

16 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

He does it too much

If you claim to be a Bills fan do you deny Mahomes, Brady, Joe Cool flop to get roughing calls? It’s the way you help your team win. Mahomes and Brady whined on every hit because they wanted a call. Stop complaining, the refs randomly miss these calls and they’re not reviewable.

Love it. Its a smart football play when you feel contact. Same thing with Diggs telling the offense to hurry up and snap it before the challenge occurs. Its just a high IQ move. Refs arent perfect and smart players and teams can take advantage of that. My whole thing the other day is that defender had no business even touching Josh at that point. Like why touch him at all. Ball was gone well before. Just a dumb move. And i dont mind Josh acting a little bit to get the refs attention on a dumb move by the defender

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Love it. It’s a smart football play when you feel contact. Same thing with Diggs telling the offense to hurry up and snap it before the challenge occurs. It’s just a high IQ move. Refs arent perfect and smart players and teams can take advantage of that. My whole thing the other day is that defender had no business even touching Josh at that point. Like why touch him at all. Ball was gone well before. Just a dumb move. And i dont mind Josh acting a little bit to get the refs attention on a dumb move by the defender

It just seems like common sense. These foolish fans who prefer a QB to just try and insulate rushers who are coached to knock them out of the game, from penalties, end up whining when refs miss obvious roughing calls.

13 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I just think it’s a B word move. Sorry if I respect someone for not flopping like a limp B word when he is barely touched. 
I love everything else about Josh it’s just cringy watching a 6 foot 5 tank of a guy falling like a girl immediately whining to the ref for a call.

A lot of those flops, you see the ball well out of Allen's hands and you can see the defender clearly sees it. They want to go for the cheap shot then Allen is free to go for the cheap shot.

If Allen doesn't flop what are the odds that the penalties (and they are deliberate the far majority of the time on the part of the defender) get called? He is so strong that most the time the defenders would just bounce off him, unlike the puny QBs other teams have...

I also hate it when Allen lines up under center and fakes that he's going to run a play, just to see if he can trick the defense into jumping offside.  Also, we should decline DPI calls because if our receivers can't pull the ball down on their own it would be unsportsmanlike to take a handout from the refs.

• Haha (+1) 4

I think this was a move stolen from the NBA all of these new players are doing it in every sport I'm sure if MLB could find a way to use it they would be doing it too . It may be a unfair advantage but especially the way they call penalties against QB's now they will use it until it becomes blatantly fake .

8 hours ago, Mango said:

A couple of Lebron references in this thread.

I think there’s a huge difference between the two. I think Lebron believes he’s been literally attacked 90% of the time he flops on the basketball court and legitimately deserves 35 free throws after every sneeze.

Whereas I think Allen knows there’s a bit of showmanship that goes into calls. He knows a tiny shove or face mask bump isn’t a flag on its own. But if he sends himself flying we get 15 yards and a first. I don’t think Allen’s flops are all that different from his trash talking. There’s something childlike about it. I laugh at it all the time. 

This sounds like justification because you like Allen. It’s exactly the same. I hate flopping and think it’s garbage. I think players should get fined/ penalized for it. 

allen/ lebron are two of the biggest guys in their sports. Both awesome players but still a weak look. And as others have said, he might not get calls if he earns a rep for this. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I also hate it when Allen lines up under center and fakes that he's going to run a play, just to see if he can trick the defense into jumping offside.  Also, we should decline DPI calls because if our receivers can't pull the ball down on their own it would be unsportsmanlike to take a handout from the refs.

A lot or qbs do that. I do agree it’s super annoying. 

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

I also hate it when Allen lines up under center and fakes that he's going to run a play, just to see if he can trick the defense into jumping offside. 

Yep this is a great point.  It's downright devious to fake like you're going to run a play knowing full well you're not going to run a play.  How dishonest and unsportsmanlike can you get.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

flops help bring the flags

Flop away Allen, flop away!

I also love that we do line up and try to get the other team to jump on fake 4th down attemtps when we have no intention of actually running a play. It works a fraction of the time and that's all that matters. 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

You know what I hate?  When Allen gets hit unnecessarily and doesn't get the call.  I really hate when he gets horse collard, and he gets the penalty.  Flop away, Josh.  Flop away!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This one wasn't that egregious of a dive.  He might have been able to stay on his feet, but i'm not sure.  He was hit with a pretty forceful forearm, square in the upper chest near his neck, late, and he had just thrown and was backpedaling so i could see falling.  To me it was a penalty, and a really stupid one at that.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

19 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

Are you going to make sure refs call the hits that are borderline roughing the passers or how about the horse collar that maybe your Eagles buddy friend may have missed.  I am fine we him getting the refs attention,  those are real 300 plus LB man landing on him or driving into him

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, MJS said:

It's smart and every QB does it. It is part of being competitive and doing everything you possibly can to help the team.

In soccer it is bad because of how they fake injury and act like they are dying.

until the miraculous magic towel appears and the guy just pops up and runs  off the field YEP

as far as #17 flopping  I say keep your filthy hands offa my QB after a play is over and he won't have any reason to. So There!

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, chongli said:

I don't think that MLFootball guy's file proves quite what he things it does.

Some of those are quite legit - the lead one features the Pats defender taking 3 steps after the ball is thrown and hitting his helmet into Josh's face mask.  Flop or no flop, that's a penalty - Josh just sold it so it was harder to miss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Hockey? You chose Hockey as one of the two sports with bad flopping? I mean with LeBron James and the NBA out there flopping and acting so bad as they need a wheelchair to get off the court but have a miracle recovery and return to the game.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hockey? You chose Hockey as one of the two sports with bad flopping? I mean with LeBron James and the NBA out there flopping and acting so bad as they need a wheelchair to get off the court but have a miracle recovery and return to the game.

it happens in every sport and it’s awful. They need to stop rewarding it. 

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

it happens in every sport and it’s awful. They need to stop rewarding it. 

Hockey actually has a flopping penalty.. it’s just hard to call in hockey because it’s easy to lose your edge and fall on a nothing hit.. 

Thats a terrible example by the way. That’s a penalty if he falls down or not ! That’s cross checking and he did it TWICE!  That’s just a dumb dumb hockey player!

Edited by PatsFanNH

On 12/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, PatsFanNH said:

They have an embellishment penalty in hockey now which has curbed the trend. And floppers in hockey can get punched in the teeth unlike in football.

Edited by Kingston Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, Beck Water said:

I don't think that MLFootball guy's file proves quite what he things it does.

Some of those are quite legit - the lead one features the Pats defender taking 3 steps after the ball is thrown and hitting his helmet into Josh's face mask.  Flop or no flop, that's a penalty - Josh just sold it so it was harder to miss.

I used to hate it when T Brady did it,  but those string of floppings had me guffawing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.