Allen Flopping

Kingston Bills Fan

It’s one thing exaggerating when taking a late or dirty hit, as to alert the refs on what’s happening. Falling spectacularly to the ground from someone gently touching you while trying NOT to hit you is another. I’d really prefer it if he didn’t do that. I’d really prefer it if NO ONE did. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, RkFast said:

I was just gonna say...receivers DO take a page. Any close contact for a ball, if it falls incomplete the WR is up and waving his arms looking for a flag. Every team. Every game. 

Yes. But a little extra theatrics when getting bumped on the sideline can’t hurt. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Considering Jerry got called for breathing on a qb, I figure Josh can do it another 30x and we're even.  

Hughes got flagged during a peak Brady era pats game for helping his own teammate up.

listen we have paid our dues on this sh*t. He’s on my team so I love it and think it’s pretty hilarious too. I’ll never apologize for it.  He’s getting yards however he can. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah but they might get tired of finishing his fights all the time 

I mean i played some d3 ball and high school, everey OL was protective of the QB , as they should.  They're bigger, stronger etc and protecting their guy. 

And idk about all these fights you speak of. I recall like 2 but you make it seem like it's everey week

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

The thing is... almost every time he's "flopped" he has also been fouled.  Just because Allen flopped yesterday by pointing to his facemask and he wasn't hit in the facemask, Lawrence was called for a late hit, not hitting Allen in the face.  And it absolutely was a late hit.  He had time to pull back.

Allen may exaggerate the effect of these hits, but is it his fault he's a big dude who isn't impacted as much by these hits as smaller QBs?  Good on him to draw the attention of the refs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.