Allen Flopping

Kingston Bills Fan

19 hours ago, MJS said:

It's smart and every QB does it. It is part of being competitive and doing everything you possibly can to help the team.

In soccer it is bad because of how they fake injury and act like they are dying.

until the miraculous magic towel appears and the guy just pops up and runs  off the field YEP

as far as #17 flopping  I say keep your filthy hands offa my QB after a play is over and he won't have any reason to. So There!

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, chongli said:

I don't think that MLFootball guy's file proves quite what he things it does.

Some of those are quite legit - the lead one features the Pats defender taking 3 steps after the ball is thrown and hitting his helmet into Josh's face mask.  Flop or no flop, that's a penalty - Josh just sold it so it was harder to miss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

Hockey? You chose Hockey as one of the two sports with bad flopping? I mean with LeBron James and the NBA out there flopping and acting so bad as they need a wheelchair to get off the court but have a miracle recovery and return to the game.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hockey? You chose Hockey as one of the two sports with bad flopping? I mean with LeBron James and the NBA out there flopping and acting so bad as they need a wheelchair to get off the court but have a miracle recovery and return to the game.

it happens in every sport and it’s awful. They need to stop rewarding it. 

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

it happens in every sport and it’s awful. They need to stop rewarding it. 

Hockey actually has a flopping penalty.. it’s just hard to call in hockey because it’s easy to lose your edge and fall on a nothing hit.. 

Thats a terrible example by the way. That’s a penalty if he falls down or not ! That’s cross checking and he did it TWICE!  That’s just a dumb dumb hockey player!

Edited by PatsFanNH

On 12/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, PatsFanNH said:

They have an embellishment penalty in hockey now which has curbed the trend. And floppers in hockey can get punched in the teeth unlike in football.

Edited by Kingston Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, Beck Water said:

I don't think that MLFootball guy's file proves quite what he things it does.

Some of those are quite legit - the lead one features the Pats defender taking 3 steps after the ball is thrown and hitting his helmet into Josh's face mask.  Flop or no flop, that's a penalty - Josh just sold it so it was harder to miss.

I used to hate it when T Brady did it,  but those string of floppings had me guffawing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.