Allen Flopping

Kingston Bills Fan

17 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

giphy.gif

Who cares? If the idiots want to keep hitting him when they could easily just avoid it, then flop away 17. Flop away. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Allen also has a tendency to start a fight and then hide behind his linemen. 

he wasn't always this way

Thats a complete falsehood. He's jumped into more than one scrum.

On the "flopping", I couldnt not care less what it looks like. Michael Jordan was notorious for playing the refs. Brady was. Lebron is. Before his recent crying sessions, did anyone give Mahomes hell for looking for a flag every single time he threw an incomplete pass? No. Josh would be a fool not to take what the refs are willing to give him.

You know when what Allen does becomes "bad?" When it stops working.  Unil then, he can be more dramatic than Liz Taylor as far as Im concerned. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's smart and every QB does it. It is part of being competitive and doing everything you possibly can to help the team.

In soccer it is bad because of how they fake injury and act like they are dying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

I gotta say I hate it. I love Josh he’s an amazing QB that does not need to do this, it’s embarrassing. I was talking to my buddy who is an Eagles fan about this about 4 or 5 weeks ago. 
I hate it in hockey and in soccer, it’s the most embarrassing thing a great player can do. Once again Josh is GREAT, he’s gotta stop flopping when he’s hit, it’s a terrible look. 

Specially when he’s out there trucking guys and stiff arming when he’s running. He can’t fall like he was shot and flail on the ground looking for a call when he’s touched in the backfield.

Your embarrassment and revulsion at him flopping is silly. He absorbs high speed collisions without a penalty all game and sometimes gets ripped around by his horsecollar and gets called for intentional grounding which could have been the difference in the Philly game. Do you think these players care about style points?People that are offended by his flop which turned the game around with the roughing the kicker penalty that featured a flop also, must consider these defensive players should not have made it close enough to get it called. Would you have preferred he stoically stood erect and sacrificed the call? The game yesterday was the Bills season, Josh did everything to get a win. As a Bills fan you should be ashamed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

In one of the "flop" reels the defender grabbed him with both arms and pulled him to the ground. That is not flopping.

The "flop" is when someone touches his chest and he dramatically throws both arms in the air to draw attention to the fact he is apparently dying. If the refs are annoyed by it, then they should send him off to be checked in the concussion protocol, because "wow thst hit really floored you... you went limp!" As long as they are consistent with other QBs... one rule for everyone.

Many referees in all the major sports (especially professional) avoid calling fouls that are "trifling", ie. in their opinion not a major impact on play.  Some also decide on a given day to set a pickier standard against a certain infraction.  All this is of course highly subjective and maddening but that's how it is. 

Josh, LeBron et al embellish for two reasons:  It focuses the refs attention to their "plight" (for future calls).  If effective, it forces opposing players to back off.

It's smart and can benefit the entire team.  Used to hate it, but it serves to create advantage.

Cleveland gets upset because Myles Garrett has been held a ton this year but uncalled.  It's because he fights so hard through them the refs won't bite.  If he ever gets smart and draws a few fouls then he could really unload and break the sack record. 

14 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is one thing I would change about him.  I agree with then OP.   I think they should make embellishing a penalty, it sucks in soccer and basketball and hockey.  It’s bush league. 

Until it is a penalty, it is dumb not to do it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of anyone doing it but it's become part of the game now, so I accept it when Josh does it. Any legal edge you can get, I guess.

But I can see a time when it becomes so obnoxious that they'll start penalizing someone for asking for a flag.

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

He literally chest-bumped the smallest guy on the field, but ok

12 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Allen also has a tendency to start a fight and then hide behind his linemen. 

he wasn't always this way

Lord you love moving the goal posts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.