James Cook: a thread of appreciation

Success

He's starting to figure out he has to bring it every down and every assignment.

Props to Brady for the usage but also some props to McDermott for being firm wiht him a couple times this year when he wasn't bringing it.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's starting to figure out he has to bring it every down and every assignment.

Props to Brady for the usage but also some props to McDermott for being firm wiht him a couple times this year when he wasn't bringing it.

I thought no new threads during games

Dude looks like the lights turned on after that dropped TD in Philly.   Dude is becoming an absolute weapon and Brady is taking advantage.  

If teams have to respect Josh and Cook, that’s a scary thought for other defenses and huge advantage for the receivers 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Success said:

Remember when we didn't have a running game, and it was all Josh Allen?

Yet another Beane pick that just needed a little time.  He is a fantastic back.

And I remember all the people who complained about the pick.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Dude looks like the lights turned on after that dropped TD in Philly.   Dude is becoming an absolute weapon and Brady is taking advantage.  

If teams have to respect Josh and Cook, that’s a scary thought for other defenses and huge advantage for the receivers 

And Allen has been blocking with mostly left shoulder.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I thought no new threads during games

Every once in a while during a game, a thread pops up that is not in particular about the game, is about something that hasn't had a thread in a while and could lead to a good long discussion during the week.

It's just a subjective call to let that go.

• Like (+1) 2

I feel like any back would have churned out yards against the Cowboys tonight, but Cook kept lining up explosive run after explosive run. Feel good for him, wish he didn’t drop that other would be touchdown. Hopefully he gains confidence off this stretch of games and realizes he can be a difference maker for this team. 

He's everything I was hoping he'd be and Brady is using him how he should be used.  

Been saying for years that Josh needed an all-purpose back that he can lean on to do just this from time to time.  "But it's a passing league" 🙄

You never would have seen this kind of game plan from Dorsey.  

Next up, an explosive receiver.  An eventual Diggs replacement is needed ASAP.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Brady’s biggest credit right now is realizing that Cook, not Diggs, is our most important weapon besides Josh.

No obvious conclusion, either. Agree he really deserves credit. If Kincaid can continue contributing, we just need one more player to step up. Diggs is the obvious candidate. 

I'm happy with Ty Johnson and Shakir. Davis feels like baggage at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

lol...enjoy the win, I am.  i dont buy it, but i like it.  Never seen a guy move so easy untouched.  Josh Allen under 100 yards.  All those same game parlay guys who bet the Bills lost.  We'll see what the numbers look like.  +3 at Eagles +2.5 at Chiefs -2.5 vs Cowboys.  That murderers row was meant for the Bills to come out ahead. 

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

Cook has been better than expected this season, and he's getting better.  He's turning out to be the Bills Ace card.

If he can take his pass protection to the next level, he will be the Bills’ best all-around back since Thurman. 

9 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

lol...enjoy the win, I am.  i dont buy it, but i like it.  Never seen a guy move so easy untouched.  Josh Allen under 100 yards.  All those same game parlay guys who bet the Bills lost.  We'll see what the numbers look like.  +3 at Eagles +2.5 at Chiefs -2.5 vs Cowboys.  That murderers row was meant for the Bills to come out ahead. 

James Cook, who you said was a “wasted draft pick” is 2nd in the NFL in All Purpose Yards just behind Christian McCAffrey.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-all-purpose-yards-running-back-in-2023

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You don’t buy James Cook?  😂 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.