Bills open Justin Shorter's Practice Window

BuffaloBillyG

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Serious. A guy that languished on our practice squad (had some injuries) but we moved forward with geriatrics like Beasley and others leaving him snapped up by Giants. Look at Hodgins’ stats…I’d say he’s a valuable player. If Shorter is ready, let’s go!

Hodgins has 17 catches this year and is buried on the depth chart of a team that has no receivers. I get it, people saw him score a couple of touchdowns last year, but he gets no YAC and wouldn’t be doing much of anything in Buffalo either. He’s not a valuable player 

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Hodgins has 17 catches this year and is buried on the depth chart of a team that has no receivers. I get it, people saw him score a couple of touchdowns last year, but he gets no YAC and wouldn’t be doing much of anything in Buffalo either. He’s not a valuable player 

LOL. Yeah. Leave him on practice squad. 

Puka Nacua - Round 5. Leave him on PS too. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Montrell Washington, Kyle Philips, Simi Fehoko, Cornell Powell, Joe Rees, Colin Johnson….all taken in the 5th round in the last couple of years. Ever heard of any of them? Me neither. But cool you named the one good 5th round receiver in the last several years 

15 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Montrell Washington, Kyle Philips, Simi Fehoko, Cornell Powell, Joe Rees, Colin Johnson….all taken in the 5th round in the last couple of years. Ever heard of any of them? Me neither. But cool you named the one good 5th round receiver in the last several years 

You just made the list!!! (Mental note)

😄

• Haha (+1) 3

I will never understand hate towards Elam, Knox, Sherfield.  I get some frustrations- but man.  

8 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Tyreek Hill, George Kittle, Richard Sherman, and Kyle Mother*****ing Williams were 5th picks Debbie Doubter.

Beane loves all of his draft picks, for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm curious to see if he runs SHORTER or longer routes. It will also be interesting to see how much SHORTER the other WRs are than him. He probably won't be playing this week but should be in a SHORTER amount of time than longer

HOUSE wants a word with you.  He's usually in charge of puns...🤔😁

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Sherfield bought a house in Orchard Park though. You can't cut him in this market!

"It's hard  to sell a home in Orchard Park!" says the coach.  Sherfied actually considering the 'I want to buy your house!' flyers you find in the junk mail. 🤔

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Serious. A guy that languished on our practice squad (had some injuries) but we moved forward with geriatrics like Beasley and others leaving him snapped up by Giants. Look at Hodgins’ stats…I’d say he’s a valuable player. If Shorter is ready, let’s go!

17 receptions for 176 yards and 3 tds over 13 games on a team starved for talent is not that great man.

I don't want to rehash the talks from draft time, but this guy has a pedigree that makes him more interesting than some other late-round picks. He also offers a size element that doesn't exist anywhere else on the roster. I am guessing someone goes on IR or they release Poona Ford to make room. But I am excited to see Shorter play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't want to rehash the talks from draft time, but this guy has a pedigree that makes him more interesting than some other late-round picks. He also offers a size element that doesn't exist anywhere else on the roster. I am guessing someone goes on IR or they release Poona Ford to make room. But I am excited to see Shorter play. 

I still think that unless McD sees something during practices, he won't play a rookie so late with the season on the line .

Btw, where have ya been? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I still think that unless McD sees something during practices, he won't play a rookie so late with the season on the line .

Btw, where have ya been? 

I would agree with that for sure. I think it will start with special teams. 

I am a high school varsity coach and teacher so tend to disappear in the fall. Still follow and lurk. Season is over unfortunately so now I have some time to engage more! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You guys remember Isaiah Hodgins? Tall, fast and productive WR for Giants last year and this year. 

Give him a chance. Or ship him to Giants. 

17 receptions for 176 yards and 3 TD? 

SUPER productive.

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Nacua has more catches in 1 game than Hodgins has all year lol

16 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Didn’t we sign a bunch of free agents in the off season we were all excited about but have not heard from them in the regular season?

Yup, the OC wouldn’t or didn’t know how to use them, good thing he was fired aye, 😁👍

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am a high school varsity coach and teacher so tend to disappear in the fall. Still follow and lurk. Season is over unfortunately so now I have some time to engage more! 

Too bad your HS season ended. Hope the Bills season continues into the playoffs.

No wonder you are a coach, you are one of the posters whose posts I like to read.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Didn’t we sign a bunch of free agents in the off season we were all excited about but have not heard from them in the regular season?

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, the OC wouldn’t or didn’t know how to use them, good thing he was fired aye, 😁👍

Needed a couple up in the coaching booth to pick up and reassemble iPads.

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Too bad your HS season ended. Hope the Bills season continues into the playoffs.

No wonder you are a coach, you are one of the posters whose posts I like to read.  

Thank you! I appreciate it. A lot of people questioned us. We finished 8-2 and lost in the semis so a successful year, but I feel like we left some meat on the bone. We took the eventual state champs to a 7-7 tie in the 4th quarter until they took the lead on us. The season ended on a tipped (3 times!) pass interception. But we will reload. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Who? 

Our soon to be 24 year old rookie receiver who has 1500 yards and 8 tds in 5 college seasons (he could have stayed another year) who is clearly an upgrade over Gabe Davis. Let’s keep up!

and I have nothing against Shorter but we’re grasping at straws here. 

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The funniest thing is some people are so irrational about Davis they think this could be an upgrade. 

You may be missing some sarcasm mixed in, just sayin, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You may be missing some sarcasm mixed in, just sayin, 😁👍

I know not everyone is serious but this let’s just hate on one Bill stuff gets silly to me. I would get Von because of off the field stuff. But Davis has been an absolute home run of a 4th even if he’s not good enough as a number 2. This is the Aaron Schobel syndrome.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Our soon to be 24 year old rookie receiver who has 1500 yards and 8 tds in 5 college seasons (he could have stayed another year) who is clearly an upgrade over Gabe Davis. Let’s keep up!

and I have nothing against Shorter but we’re grasping at straws here. 

Who is and what do you mean by "grasping at straws"?

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That would actually make a lot of sense with Daquan Jones looking like he's on the road back his days are numbered anyway and it's not like he's ever active.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ford is a no brainer.  He doesn't provide any value right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

At 6'4 220 and runs a 4.5 why not give him a shot ?

What do Bills have to lose ?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.