JA17 postgame on-field interview

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Given a chance to back his coach on national TV when Tracy Wolfson teed up the "what did this team show after the tumultuous week you guys had to deal with?" question, Josh instead was all about how the players "rallied behind each other, played for each other".

Probably reading too much into it, but still...

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Did you also see the post-game presser he did, though?

Said something like "you can question coaching decisions, or my decision as a player, but you can't question coach McDermott as a person. He's one of the better humans on this planet".

• Like (+1) 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 22

3 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Given a chance to back his coach on national TV when Tracy Wolfson teed up the "what did this team show after the tumultuous week you guys had to deal with?" question, Josh instead was all about how the players "rallied behind each other, played for each other".

Well, there was a lot going on last week and it could be he was thinking about Von as much as Sean’s situation. Maybe he was coached to not be specific about any of it, especially on national TV?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Said something like "you can question coaching decisions, or my decision as a player, but you can't question coach McDermott as a person. He's one of the better humans on this planet".

Somewhat smaller audience, but true.  Also only references that he's a good guy, not that he's a good coach.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Logic said:

Josh knows how to handle questions like this, he is very professional in how he addresses any situation. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

The odd thing I saw online was that Wolfson and another reporter claimed they saw Toney check with the official before the ball was snapped to make sure he was onside.

They both later deleted that with zero explanation.  

8 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The odd thing I saw online was that Wolfson and another reporter claimed they saw Toney check with the official before the ball was snapped to make sure he was onside.

I’m sure they deleted it because the All-22 angles clearly show that Toney never looked the official’s way.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was talked about last week, that Josh and McDermott aren't exactly close buds (no biggie really as Brady and Belicheck are legendary for never having a dinner together in 20 years)...  But Josh clearly respects McD and thinks he's a great man, and I'm pretty sure I've heard him mention in the past that he's a great coach and leader.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah listening to Schopp & Bulldog postgame, I was surprised they didn't latch onto that. To me it was a rather interesting phrasing, lending credence to my general belief that most of this season's strife is related to an organizational power struggle between JA17 and McDermott.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

My fav part? “ThankstracyGoBills!”

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

All Josh says is the right things, all the time. It's a testament to his parents. We are so unbelievably blessed to have him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen is a true pro and doesn't get enough credit for that in the media, who seemingly have this image of a crazed guy tossing 75 yard bombs, with 1/3 being intercepted. 

If anyone had cause for a Mahomes-like post game meltdown it was Allen after having his heart torn out in the 13 seconds game after a superhuman performance. Instead, he stood up and took the disappointment like a professional. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

And same two will write tweets and columns about others not admitting their mistakes.

45 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

That's some real ***** captioning.

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

That is speaking personally of McDermott as a human. Not a coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

In other words, Sean’s a crappy coach, but a nice guy.😀  Real strong endorsement ….

• Eyeroll 2

15 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Yeah listening to Schopp & Bulldog postgame, I was surprised they didn't latch onto that. To me it was a rather interesting phrasing, lending credence to my general belief that most of this season's strife is related to an organizational power struggle between JA17 and McDermott.

If you read the Dunne article it said nothing about a struggle.  Just that Josh was very confrontational and that one of the anonymous sources which he spoke up against McDermott more often

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

In other words, Sean’s a crappy coach, but a nice guy.😀  Real strong endorsement ….

You guys are reading into this way too much.  The issue with the Dunne article was that the Bills felt his character was questioned.  They never took issue with Dunne thinking he was a lousy coach.  

This is Josh’s way of defending him. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

This has always been my issue with it. Nobody ever said McD isn’t a good person. I have no doubt in that. I do however have doubts about his in game decisions 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, I'm in camp "Fire McDermott" but admittedly he hasn't lost the locker room. 

The players genuinely love their coach, they may question some calls just like us, but they love him no doubt.

52 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Well, there was a lot going on last week and it could be he was thinking about Von as much as Sean’s situation. Maybe he was coached to not be specific about any of it, especially on national TV?

Yeah, when in doubt, can't go wrong with falling back on the old "this is a group of guys who really love each other and play for each other" standard.

Josh is so good at saying the right thing. Even after 13 seconds when people were complaining about the OT rule he took the high road and said they'd be celebrating just as much if they got the ball first and won. 

There's guys that get a ton of media training that aren't this good at it. 

I don't like McD at all, but Josh isn't going to throw him or anyone on the team under the bus publicly. And there is something respectable about that. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, when in doubt, can't go wrong with falling back on the old "this is a group of guys who really love each other and play for each other" standard.

Josh is truly a humble man. She gave him an opportunity to talk up his incredible sideline throw and he basically said he did a lousy job on first and second down, and didn’t say anything about the third down play. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

This has always been my issue with it. Nobody ever said McD isn’t a good person. I have no doubt in that. I do however have doubts about his in game decisions 

Dunne's article clearly had quotes talking about Sean being a "me" guy and a narcissist...  There were absolutely questions about him as a person.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Dunne's article clearly had quotes talking about Sean being a "me" guy and a narcissist...  There were absolutely questions about him as a person.

anyone who raises to that type of level is generally a narcissist, psychopath or sociopath. sometimes all 3

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

You can be a me guy and a narcissist and still be a good human being. It just means you are looking out for your self and want to continue to keep your job. I have no doubt he is a good person. I do also believe he is a micromanaging narcissist. I can believe both 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

anyone who raises to that type of level is generally a narcissist, psychopath or sociopath. sometimes all 3

Right. I wouldn’t expect much less out of an nfl head coach 

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Somewhat smaller audience, but true.  Also only references that he's a good guy, not that he's a good coach.

I think the "person" comment in his post-game pressor has more to do with seeing McDermott's 9/11 comment less as a symptom of coaching acumen and more as a question of his character.  I don't think he meant to imply whether McDermott is either a good or bad coach.

I think people forget that Josh has a lot of respect and a good relationship with Kelce and Mahomes.  People are getting on Mahomes for the post game handshake, but I believe their friendship goes beyond being impacted by that.  I think Mahomes was just venting to a friend in the moment and they will talk after.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I’m sure they deleted it because the All- 22 angles clearly show that Toney never looked the officials way.

Tasker & Brown said today that Reid and Toney both admitted that Toney never checked with the officials to make sure that he was not offside. Reid acknowledged that Toney was lined up offside but only "by inches" which is false. The blue line on TV is actually beyond the line of scrimmage and Toney's toes were on that line in the visual. He was blatantly offside. Reid's admission was akin to a "yeah but..." half-arsed apology, IMO. He and Kermit have gotten borderline calls in their favor for years, including in the Super Bowl. That offside was not a subjective call, it was a letter of the law infraction and they have been enforcing it more this year. Just sour grapes by these asshats and a no class handling of the situation on their part. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

D1 athletes take classes on how to deal with press and interviews.  So certainly possible. But across the entire team the support for McD has been universal as  witnessed with the 9/11 thing.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

To be exact, having listened to this now, he said "we rallied behind each other, played for each other".  There was nothing in there limiting it to "players" or talking about "players".

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

A sideline reporter making things up?  That never happens.

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.