Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

1 minute ago, motorj said:

The only argument should be they whistle the ball and call the play dead rather than letting it play out, I thought this was a free play type situation at first

I saw that explained somewhere.  Offside is a live-ball foul for both sides, unlike false start which is dead ball foul

So no, that shouldn't be an argument either.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

image.thumb.jpeg.71bb6ed5e0aee6a0cdc503bfd74e385a.jpeg

Toney was almost lined up with the defense. That’s how far Offside he was. Mahomes/Reid should be fined. 

The blue line view falsely made it look like his foot was barely Offside.  That wasn’t the correct line for the offense being Offside. He was easily a foot to a foot and a half Offside.  Blatant.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Shouldn't Mahomes and Reid get fined? You're not allowed to complain about refs or calls. Saying it's embarrassing for the NFL

Yes.

IMO, they should both be fined.  We hear all the time coaches and players stopping short of outright criticizing the refs or a call they made, saying something like "I don't want to be fined"

Well, consider the corollary. 

Paddy and Nuggie-man didn't stop short, and they're also blatantly and objectively wrong about the penalty, as far as both rule and common game procedure.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Josh got a 10k fine for pointing at a guy in a play that the NFL used as a promo. So I’m expecting no fine and a comp pick for the chiefs 

Well played, Sir

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Process said:

I've always like Mahomes but this is embarrassing for him

This is hysterical that he thinks he will get the slightest bit of sympathy from Josh, the guy who can empathize with being f’d by the refs nearly every game.  JA “Pat…STFU!  Just last game, I was called for IG while being horse collared, outside the pocket, and with a WR 5 feet away.  You don’t see my bitching about it…grow a pair”.

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes, give yer balls a tug. Yeah, it was a nice play that Kelce made. Unfortunately, your guy was offside - end of story - deal with it. I could go on ad nauseam in this forum about nice plays the Bills have made only to be called back for some ticky tack reason. Usually it’s not something egregious like standing a foot and a half off side when all you have to do is ask the referee if you’re OK.

12 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

I think the world saw the REAL Patrick Mahomes today. 

If you’re wife and your brother are a POS, the apple might not fall far from the tree. 

Sugar high Josh. 

Pat is his Brother and his trashbag wife. They are who they are - scumbags that have money and NO CLASS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

image.thumb.jpeg.71bb6ed5e0aee6a0cdc503bfd74e385a.jpeg

Toney was almost lined up with the defense. That’s how far Offside he was. Mahomes/Reid should be fined. 

The Jeremy and Joe show mentioned something no one else brought up… the RT was lined up too far back, all game. Huge advantage and is illegal. Should have been flagged at least once. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

What a bunch of brats they are.   They actually said that normally refs tell them they are Offside….ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?    So they admit to getting help?

They don’t like that rule?   I don’t like 12 men on the field rule…how about that?    That’s just as dumb as being Offside….an infinitesimally stupid error for this team as was 12 men on the field.    You lost!   Suck it up butter cup.   

hahahah.  Bunch of brats.  

Exactly the point I'm making. 

I completely agree with the idea of "let them play" and "stop ticky tack penalties that don't affect the outcome of the play" or "the NFL needs more consistency on reviewed calls in critical spots"

Just off the top of my head

12 men on the field giving the Broncos another FG attempt

DaQuan Jones called for roughing the passer after 3 seconds of pushing Mayfield back and the play not called dead

Eagles drop the ball, on their winning drive, called a fumble and Bills recovery on the field, reversed

I'm not saying the message is wrong, but the Chiefs are the wrong messagers and Josh Allen is the last player to complain about refball too

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

22 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

This one was a head scratcher..bit at least an example of a WR checking with a ref to be sure they're in position.  However this time the ref turned around and absolutely hosed him. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1yfYZChP8&pp=ygUZQ29tbWFuZGVycyB3ciBvZmZzaWRlIHJlZg%3D%3D

Yeah, so if something like this had gone down, I would concede Paddy to have somewhat of a point.  The receiver is as far away from the ball as he can get, and he looked to the ref to get feed back as to whether he was in position.  So he was in the hardest place on the field to be sure he's lined up correctly and he did the right thing.

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would hate to see that.

I lie, I lie 🎉🥳🎉

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

They should have been going off on the refs like that last week.  They had a real case there.

I think it was mostly frustration over the packers game that caused this.  If he went on that rant last week it would’ve looked a little more justified because that was a straight up judgement call that wasn’t made 

this week though unfortunately for Patrick he is openly criticizing an absolutely obvious no doubter penalty 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I get it.  Has anyone ever seen offside called on the offense? I don't remember ever. No one I know remembers one either. 

He was clearly offside, no one can refute that. But no warning at that point of the game is inexcusable. I get why he blew up and why both Mahomes and Reid made (the likely expensive) comments they both made after the game.

There are many reasons for the extremely poor officiating this year.  But lucky for the Bills (and by extension us :) ) that one got them the W and kept the playoff hopes alive.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it was mostly frustration over the packers game that caused this.  If he went on that rant last week it would’ve looked a little more justified because that was a straight up judgement call that wasn’t made 

this week though unfortunately for Patrick he is openly criticizing an absolutely obvious no doubter penalty 

I get the frustration over last week but address it at the time, not whine about a 100% correct and inarguable call a week later.

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I get it.  Has anyone ever seen offside called on the offense? I don't remember ever. No one I know remembers one either. 

He was clearly offside, no one can refute that. But no warning at that point of the game is inexcusable. I get why he blew up and why both Mahomes and Reid made (the likely expensive) comments they both made after the game.

There are many reasons for the extremely poor officiating this year.  But lucky for the Bills (and by extension us :) ) that one got them the W and kept the playoff hopes alive.

Yeah.  It happened a couple hours later in the Cowboys-Eagles game.  It's happened 12 times so far this year.  They have no standing to complain.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

This is total BS.
With 1:54 left in the game, around half a minute before, they had a wr lined up in the exact same spot as Toney. He looked over and checked with the officials and was fine. Officials did their job. 

• Agree 2

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Don’t really understand why Mahomes was going off on the officials when he should have been going off on Toney? Guy is a world class idiot. Easier target I guess? 

Rex was sucking him off this morning on Get Up saying his he was being such an amazing teammate because he focused on the refs instead of Toney 

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

No, watch this video to understand why...Ocho says sort of the same thing, but then Sharpe tells him when does that happen?  It happens when you are next to the side judge split out wide not in close like that...then Ocho is like, "oh yeah, they were in a condensed split, you right, he isn't going to say anything there".

Toney could HAVE DONE HIS JOB and checked with official.  What is inexcusable is a WR who has played 100's of games thru all levels of football doesn't know that lining up PAST THE BALL AND AHEAD OF THE CENTER is not a valid alignment for a WR. That's what inexcusable.  Stop with the nonsense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I get the frustration over last week but address it at the time, not whine about a 100% correct and inarguable call a week later.

Yeah.  It happened a couple hours later in the Cowboys-Eagles game.  It's happened 12 times so far this year.  They have no standing to complain.

Oh yea I think they probably were real careful holding their tongue about last week and after yesterday’s game they were wishing they didn’t do that.  Of course it is too late now and they’re just making themselves look stupid though 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Would you think the same if it was a defensive player lined up Offside and they let that slide?

No, because that would have given the defensive player an advantage. I’m talking about plays like happened in the Colts game early this year when the QB got blitzed and fumbled but it was called back because a receiver got held.  That good had no bearing on the play because the blitz and fumble happened so quickly. 

17 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

So the ref's making the right call is all of a sudden considered poor officiating and that makes us lucky?

I didn't know Brittany Mahomes could code....

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

You think refs just warn you when you’re Offside lol that is not at all how it works

if he had checked with a line judge and the line judge told him he was ok that is a little more understandable but expecting an unsolicited warning when you’re basically lined up in the defensive line is absurd. 

Reid is straight up lying about warnings to try to publicly have his star qbs back without sounding like too much of an idiot

it definitely does get called but it’s not more common because most receivers aren’t stupid enough to line up that far Offside  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

During last night's game offensive off side was called on the Eagles. Should the refs have warned the Eagles guard when he lined up off side prior to the TUSH push?

Tooney was in a bunch formation which means the sideline ref was what, 15 - 20 yards away.  Is he supposed to yell at #19 to get on side?  So what happens when the ref is screaming at Tooney and Bills players look up at the ref to see what he's yelling about as the ball is snapped?  You can't have a ref distracting things at that moment of the game.

And for the record offensive off sides is called a lot in high school football and on occasion in college ball.  Usually by the time they reach the Pros the players on offense know how to line up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.