Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Look, we'd all be pissed too. Problem is the refs didn't know it was going to be an insane, perfectly executed TD when Toney was Offside.

And it's not like it was an iffy call either. He was clearly past the ball. It's just a lame penalty to kill what would've been a hell of a play. 

With that said, I'd still be pretty upset if I were McDermott. Sure you're relieved they shot themselves in the foot, but you nearly blew yet ANOTHER close game where you had a lead in the final 2 minutes. 

Nothing you did saved the game. Toney saved the game. Hopefully next week you'll be better prepared. 🙏  

We'd be pissed at Toney, not the refs for throwing the flag on a legitimate penalty.  There is no question at all he was off-sides and I've never heard the refs pick up a flag saying "we're giving the team a warning instead."

7 minutes ago, Success said:

How can Mahomes say that was the "worst call?"  Was he behind center, and also watching objectively from the side, right on the LOS?

It's idiotic to say a legit call was "the worst call ever" just because they didn't ignore it.  Just really stunningly stupid.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yeah, Dee Ford cost him a Super Bowl by doing the same thing that negated Brady's game sealing INT.

All of us had to suffer through that Rams Patriots snooze fest of a Super Bowl 

That was definitely tougher

Yeah but Brady likely knew it was off-sides and took a chance with the throw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can forgive in the moment stuff like that but to get up to his presser and try to defend his own obvious BS with a clear head is outrageous.  Every other qb in history would’ve been like it was emotional game I put my heart out on the field yadayada

Agree 100% if he had come up to Josh after the game and been like “hey bro, you played well. I’ll see you in the postseason for sure.” Or something like that I’d forget about the whining on the sideline in like a day or two. The fact he couldn’t even say “good game” or whatever really pisses me off. He won a Super Bowl because of a ref calling a questionable penalty. This was a regular season game, in which they still have a lead in their division, because of a legitimately bad play by his teammate that was so obviously a penalty the refs HAD to call it. He had 3 more plays to do something and couldn’t get the job done. 

Terribly sorry Patrick. See you in the postseason.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

Agree 100% if he had come up to Josh after the game and been like “hey bro, you played well. I’ll see you in the postseason for sure.” Or something like that I’d forget about the whining on the sideline in like a day or two. The fact he couldn’t even say “good game” or whatever really pisses me off. He won a Super Bowl because of a ref calling a questionable penalty. This was a regular season game, in which they still have a lead in their division, because of a legitimately bad play by his teammate that was so obviously a penalty the refs HAD to call it. He had 3 more plays to do something and couldn’t get the job done. 

I wish Josh had said "it was a legit penalty Patty, go pound sand."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I believe they’re tied at three apiece as Mahomes won in Buffalo in 2020.

Yep they were at 3-2 so he lost his lead and they're tied now at 3-3.

Someone in the replies on that tweet talked about how good a relationship the two have and that he was venting to Josh. I suppose that's probably true and what it is but it's also pretty damn oblivious not take into account the situation Josh is in at the moment with that crap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Spoiled brat. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

To be fair we're seeing like mid interaction, he probably already did some congratulating, or he damn well better have.

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Look, we'd all be pissed too. Problem is the refs didn't know it was going to be an insane, perfectly executed TD when Toney was Offside.

And it's not like it was an iffy call either. He was clearly past the ball. It's just a lame penalty to kill what would've been a hell of a play. 

With that said, I'd still be pretty upset if I were McDermott. Sure you're relieved they shot themselves in the foot, but you nearly blew yet ANOTHER close game where you had a lead in the final 2 minutes. 

Nothing you did saved the game. Toney saved the game. Hopefully next week you'll be better prepared. 🙏  

Totally disagree. The Bills then stopped Mahomes 3 straight plays. The Bills won the game. Why do people come on here and pi** and moan after a win, on the road against a good team? I don’t get it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, WMDman said:

that clip of the handshake tells you everything you need to know about Mahomes, when everything is going his way hes the humble, "likeable" guy. As soon as adversity hits its "you only beat me cause of the refs ya know that right? "

real classy guy that mahomes is...

generally Mahomes is one classiest players in league but what a classless B word there. Go Bills 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

That they shouldn’t have thrown the flag because it negated a “Hall of Fame” type play (even though they threw it before the play happened)  and that it should’ve just been a warning.  Because teams get warnings all the time. 🙄

That would have been as bad as a game earlier this year ( I don't remember the teams), but a player removed his helmet on the field of play and the ref warned him to put it back on. I was like "What the heck is that? It's always a penalty"!

3 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Totally disagree. The Bills then stopped Mahomes 3 straight plays. The Bills won the game. Why do people come on here and pi** and moan after a win, on the road against a good team? I don’t get it.

3 straight plays after a 49 TD that was negated by a really lame penalty.

And why do people whine after a win? Who's whining? But there's only about a million reasons you could criticize a team after a win... You should understand this by now. Remember those threads early in the year "Are people really upset we're 4-2?!"

DERP. Yeah, people were rightfully calling out the obvious problems... the same problems so many on here were in straight denial over. Turns out there was cause for concern, and putting your head in the sand doesn't magically mean they don't exist. 

So McDermott almost blowing yet ANOTHER late lead ***IS*** cause for concern. Of course I'm happy the Bills won. Josh especially deserved it. But being saved by Toney's foot over the line isn't really cause for celebrating like things changed. We were lucky the refs cared this specific moment, otherwise those next 3 plays wouldn't even have happened.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

That would have been as bad as a game earlier this year ( I don't remember the teams), but a player removed his helmet on the field of play and the ref warned him to put it back on. I was like "What the heck is that? It's always a penalty"!

I believe that was KC...against Minnesota where they didn't call it on KC and it cost the yikes the game

8 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

generally Mahomes is one classiest players in league but what a classless B word there. Go Bills 

Easy to be classy when one is winning.

I am curious how Mahomes would handle significant adversity. I seriously think he could blow up in a very negative way. It’s just a hunch is all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, schoolhouserock said:

Easy to be classy when one is winning.

I am curious how Mahomes would handle significant adversity. I seriously think he could blow up in a very negative way. It’s just a hunch is all.

You’re seeing it. 

He’s losing it because he might have lost the chance at a first round bye. Imagine if the playoffs were on the line. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And why do people whine after a win? Who's whining? But there's only about a million reasons you could criticize a team after a win... You should understand this by now. Remember those threads early in the year "Are people really upset we're 4-2?!"

DERP. Yeah, people were rightfully calling out the obvious problems... the same problems so many on here were in straight denial over. Turns out there was cause for concern, and putting your head in the sand doesn't magically mean they don't exist. 

So McDermott almost blowing yet ANOTHER late lead ***IS*** cause for concern. Of course I'm happy the Bills won. Josh especially deserved it. But being saved by Toney's foot over the line isn't really cause for celebrating like things changed. We were lucky the refs cared this specific moment, otherwise those next 3 plays wouldn't even have happened.

A really lame penalty?  What are you talking about? 

Cheffers sent a zinger right back at Mahomes and Reid after the game in the Pool Reporter Meeting with the officials:

“(C)ertainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far Offside where they’re actually blocking our view of the ball.”  😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just waiting…juuuusssstt waiting for the talking heads on national tv tomorrow to chime in with, “Patrick was very upset and he HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE!”

🙄

Umm nooo... most of social media is calling him a crybaby over this.  It's not like he doesn't have his share of haters *cough Brady fans* cough* and it doesn't help him that the flag was thrown early in the play not like they decided afterwards to throw it.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't understand this mindset at all. Of ALL the penalties in the book offside is the most fundamental and least subjective one.  If you are offside at the snap you are offside.  That penalty was the least "lame" penalty they could have called.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What are the Chiefs complaining about?

He was CLEARLY in the NZ.

Yes he was and by alot.  It was the right call and everyone on espn agrees.  Enough of this "let us play" crap coming from Mahomes. He wants his cake and eat it too. Diggs got arm barred on the 4 yard line and nothing thrown.  Pat if you want to get mad at someone,  scream at Toney and his bonehead alignment. He's been a drop machine this year.

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just waiting…juuuusssstt waiting for the talking heads on national tv tomorrow to chime in with, “Patrick was very upset and he HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE!”

🙄

So far the talking heads I've seen discussing the issue are pretty much in agreement that it was a very obvious penalty and both Mahomes and Reid are coming out like sore losers. I would not be surprised that the league issues fines for their post game comments. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Mahomes logic is b/c the penalty didn’t impact the outcome of the play it shouldn’t have been called.  Two points on this 1) the flag was thrown before the outcome of the play was known, so they aren’t going to pick up the flag.  2)  We won, get over it Patty

And the guy that lined up with the head start was involved in the play and scored the touchdown, so yeah. GFY, Pat.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Reid said he'd never seen that called over the course of his entire coaching career?😅  I recall that penalty being called on us this year!

I hope he was watching the Eagles-Cowboys game, because it was called in that as well.  Now it's TWO times for Andy...

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Cheffers sent a zinger right back at Mahomes and Reid after the game in the Pool Reporter Meeting with the officials:

“(C)ertainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far Offside where they’re actually blocking our view of the ball.”  😂😂😂

shake it off taylor swift GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Umm nooo... most of social media is calling him a crybaby over this.  It's not like he doesn't have his share of haters *cough Brady fans* cough* and it doesn't help him that the flag was thrown early in the play not like they decided afterwards to throw it.   

18 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

So far the talking heads I've seen discussing the issue are pretty much in agreement that it was a very obvious penalty and both Mahomes and Reid are coming out like sore losers. I would not be surprised that the league issues fines for their post game comments. 

Good.  Bad calls are bad calls…it just wasn’t a bad call and it is surprising since the lengths two long time professionals, a qb and a coach, champions nonetheless, are going to on something unreasonable is a bad look.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Reid said he'd never seen that called over the course of his entire coaching career?😅  I recall that penalty being called on us this year!

That exact offensive Offside has been called 12 times just this season.  Can't wait to see the fine amount on these 2 whinners.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.