Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

Just now, Warcodered said:

I don't know Toney goes out and picks Kelce and then hangs back, it kind of does seem purposeful.

There's a  more in depth discussion of it on the previous page, if you're interested, including a postgame quote from Mahomes:

"It’s not taught. Something that only a couple people in this world would even think about doing"

It's something Kelce monkeys around with individually, and skill players are coached to keep themselves available, but it's not a designed play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, Simon said:

KC melting down like reactor core #2 at Three Mile Island

You do realize the Bills won because they had the refs on their side right?  They flagged a player for lining up Offside on the play of the game.  Players are usually given warnings but this time the Bills were the beneficiaries.  

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You do realize the Bills won because they had the refs on their side right?  They flagged a player for lining up Offside on the play of the game.  Players are usually given warnings but this time the Bills were the beneficiaries.  

image.png.5f819209e5b2a26177398867db02eb0f.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

How can I respond to this without being banned?  Any ideas folks? 

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Say hello to airseven and filthybeast. 

On 12/10/2023 at 9:02 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

The bad news is he took another couple of suplexes tonight too. With no flags. I dont get why the refs just let Digs get interfered with and mugged up and down the field, and then when he does make a catch the defense can just slam him around how ever they want. It's maddening.

Yes, it is.  I hope sincerely this is something the Bills are trying to address with the league behind the scenes.  They have the ability to take video/photos and send a package to the league and say "this is happening to our player, please be on the watch for it".

10 hours ago, Simon said:

image.png.5f819209e5b2a26177398867db02eb0f.png

I know....what if we had a thing where selected board members were given extra powers, like a broom that could sweep out these pesky things?

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know Toney goes out and picks Kelce and then hangs back, it kind of does seem purposeful.

Yeah, I think they designed that.  I think that was their version of a "Philly Special" that they were waiting for a key moment in a key game to unveil.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Paddy Mahomes?  Paddy Melt?  Is that you?  The 'Grim Weaper' himself?

Edited by Beck Water

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, I think they designed that.  I think that was their version of a "Philly Special" that they were waiting for a key moment in a key game to unveil.

It absolutey was NOT designed. As confirmed by all the players. But the entire team does practice to be ready for Kelce's laterals at all times.

Toney hanging back like that is because he's dumb and lazy. Not some big-brain strategy.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It absolutey was NOT designed. As confirmed by all the players. But the entire team does practice to be ready for Kelce's laterals at all times.

Toney hanging back like that is because he's dumb and lazy. Not some big-brain strategy.

Well, I can't argue with the dumb and lazy characterization on Toney.  The Giants gave up on him and slung him out of town for a bag of used socks for a reason.

Just now, Beck Water said:

Well, I can't argue with the dumb and lazy characterization on Toney.  The Giants gave up on him and slung him out of town for a bag of used socks for a reason.

My favorite quote on him was "Watching Toney beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl and then immediately turn back into the worst player in the NFL is every Giants fan's dream come true" :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Simon said:

I actually had to delete what I had typed and then just responded with a jpg instead. :blush:

The refs were on the Bills’ side so let’s all have a big laugh about it.  No favoritism on this site.. none at all.  There are multiple pics of players lining up offside this past week and there was no flag.  This was a tainted win.  It’s all laughs until the Bills are on the other side of this sort of thing.  Then all the crying starts.  You guys cry and cry about rigged this, rigged that yet you’ll take every bad call and laugh about it as long as it’s in your favor.  What a shock!  Lol

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The refs were on the Bills’ side so let’s all have a big laugh about it.  No favoritism on this site.. none at all.  There are multiple pics of players lining up offside this past week and there was no flag.  This was a tainted win.  It’s all laughs until the Bills are on the other side of this sort of thing.  Then all the crying starts.  You guys cry and cry about rigged this, rigged that yet you’ll take every bad call and laugh about it as long as it’s in your favor.  What a shock!  Lol

Show us pics of all the times players on offense lined up past the ball with no call.

I'll hang up and listen. 

• Agree 1

Can we talk about this play for a minute?  

A 6' 7" DE running stride for stride on a wheel route with a freaking RB?  Not only perfect coverage but gets his arm in to break up the pass and doesn't commit PI?  How many DE's in the NFL are making this play? Not many...extremely impressive...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Can we talk about this play for a minute?  

A 6' 7" DE running stride for stride on a wheel route with a freaking RB?  Not only perfect coverage but gets his arm in to break up the pass and doesn't commit PI?  How many DE's in the NFL are making this play? Not many...extremely impressive...

That is awesome.  

26 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I'm not sure if you know this but the defensive player isn't allowed to grab the face mask.  Did you know?

This would have given us 1st and 10, around the 10 yard line.  But since grabbing the face mask isn't a penalty, no reason for me to bring this up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure if you know this but the defensive player isn't allowed to grab the face mask.  Did you know?

This would have given us 1st and 10, around the 10 yard line.  But since grabbing the face mask isn't a penalty, no reason for me to bring this up.

You should learn what the word grabbing means.  That wasn’t a grab.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You should learn what the word grabbing means.  That wasn’t a grab.

His face mask was pulled down, it is clear as day.  It should have been a face mask or illegal use of hands to the face.  Are you seriously saying that is not a penalty?

You cannot touch the QB's head at all.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve watched the game a few times now and in particular the Toney offside’s penalty. One thing that jumped out at me that I’ve yet to see discussed is what in the world was Benford doing?  He was covering Kelce over the middle and then suddenly let him go for an easy uncontested catch. I don’t understand the situational awareness on that play. Of all the KC receivers, you have to stick with Kelce and make Mahomes go to someone else.  

Thankfully there was a penalty but man what was the secondary doing in particular Benford? 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I’ve watched the game a few times now and in particular the Toney offside’s penalty. One thing that jumped out at me that I’ve yet to see discussed is what in the world was Benford doing?  He was covering Kelce over the middle and then suddenly let him go for an easy uncontested catch. I don’t understand the situational awareness on that play. Of all the KC receivers, you have to stick with Kelce and make Mahomes go to someone else.  

Thankfully there was a penalty but man what was the secondary doing in particular Benford? 

Well when a WR runs up and blocks you it's hard to stay in coverage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

let him go ???

snap72.jpg

snap73.jpg

snap74.jpg

snap75.jpg

snap76.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

yeah, that play was not our secondary’s finest hour (OPI by Toney notwithstanding).

11 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Lighten up, Frances. 

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

They were running  the same defense in 13 seconds.. 

On 12/11/2023 at 10:24 PM, KeLLy1278 said:

896f70.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Too many of those posted pics posted on social media are purposely angled to make the point of disparity in the flags.  It's just wrong.  Admittedly there is plenty of disparity when it comes to judgment calls like PI and roughing the passer and late hits, but Offside and lining up in the neutral zone is pretty cut and dried and you cannot rely on viewing angles.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.