Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's a slippery slope, Patrick.

You b!tch up a storm about the officiating the week before..........when every team is struggling with the same inconsistent officiating.

Then the next week the officials who were always tipping you off about pre-snap penalties maybe decide to treat you like everyone else.

The whole "we've never had an offensive Offside called against us" thing is just a crazy thing to hear.

I can't tell if huge fines are coming to KC or the NFL tries to pretend they didn't hear it.    The audacity is just that difficult to comprehend.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Almost any other QB in the NFL would have been sacked 4 or 5 more times today then Allen was.  Allen made a couple of throws that were otherworldly.  What we saw is that our O line, while better then last years O line is at best average .  They were like a turnstile today and had what 3 holding penalties?

hopefully some of that was communications issues  Arrowheads a tough place and Spags was sending guys from all over the place  Few was just Chris Jones destroying whomever was tasked with slowing him down

• Like (+1) 2

As a McD detractor who doesnt want him as our HC, I say "Good for McD tonight".

He may be a bad communicator, and socially awkward, and lacking skills to be successful in situational football, but he doesnt deserve to be the butt of a national joke, or considered a terrorist sympathizer.

That said, he's lucky that Toney is such a ***** up because this was a CLASSIC MCD game: jump out to a lead with a hot O. Get conservative. Let them back in. "Keep it close". Then lose it on the last possession.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The flag was thrown when the ball was snapped.  Does he expect the refs to pick it up just because it was a cool play?

That literally sounds like his defense lol. He’s saying they didn’t get a warning?  Pretty sure Toney would have had to ask a line judge if he was lined up ok which we all know we’d be hearing all about it if he did 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Almost any other QB in the NFL would have been sacked 4 or 5 more times today then Allen was.  Allen made a couple of throws that were otherworldly.  What we saw is that our O line, while better then last years O line is at best average .  They were like a turnstile today and had what 3 holding penalties?

Dawkins disappears too much for a franchise LT. Spencer Brown was also not great.  Need to draft one after WR in May.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a slippery slope, Patrick.

You b!tch up a storm about the officiating the week before..........when every team is struggling with the same inconsistent officiating.

Then the next week the officials who were always tipping you off about pre-snap penalties maybe decide to treat you like everyone else.

The whole "we've never had an offensive Offside called against us" thing is just a crazy thing to hear.

I can't tell if huge fines are coming to KC or the NFL tries to pretend they didn't hear it.    The audacity is just that difficult to comprehend.

Maybe the refs will start to treat Patrick like they did Jerry Hughes.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I here you Cray51, but we all know we got lucky, which doesn’t happen for us that often. Me I’m happy as a Bills fan can be!! The stars are aligning, We are going to win out!!!

GO BILLS!!!

I need help understanding what we define as lucky.  I saw a team be resilient, and kept mahomes on his toes.  And, I think they did enough to win against a great team.

Things to focus on, but it wasn’t pure luck

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What we saw is that our O line, while better then last years O line is at best average .  They were like a turnstile today and had what 3 holding penalties?

That KC DL is very good, with a Hall of Famer in the middle.

Both OLs struggled today. It was that type of game. We still have a good OL. Just sometimes the DLs show up to play too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

This win didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about the playoffs, but it's still a win.

I understand what you mean, but the chiefs are a top 5 defense, and still one of the best teams in the NFL. Quality win.

But we did see Brady get out-coached in the second half by a veteran DC. We have to expect something of a learning curve for our young OC. Hoping this was a good experience for Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cray51 said:

I need help understanding what we define as lucky.  I saw a team be resilient, and kept mahomes on his toes.  And, I think they did enough to win against a great team.

Things to focus on, but it wasn’t pure luck

How is KC getting called for offensive Offside being resilient?

Lucky is watching the game be won on a crazy play no one was ready for even tho Kelce is infamous for his weird laterals, just to have it cancelled out because a WR lined up a foot to far. Nothing the Bills did there won the game for us. The defense didnt get the stop. They watched them score and win the game. KC beat themselves.

44 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Odd. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Offside called against offenses before. Nice that the Chiefs got warnings instead. Perhaps their credit ran out.

Offside will be called every time a WR lines up off side.  It's a rare call because WR's lining up off sides usually only happens in HS football. The ref is looking right down the line and they will throw the flag on that play EVERY TIME.

32 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I felt it balanced out with the Murray catch.  I was NOT sure he controlled it long enough to be a catch.

The refs called it a catch and fumble.  

It was reviewed and it wasn't overturned.

The announcers said it was a catch.  

I was NOT sure he controlled it at first and was of course worried.  But after seeing the review I agree with the call.

Just now, VW82 said:

Fine. Call it a favour from the Chiefs. Point still stands.

I can’t believe how many times I have to say this but that td far from ended the game lol chiefs very well may have lost it anyway and had plenty of chances to pick up a few yards to tie/win the game after that and failed to do so 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Mahomes complaining about refs?  Did he see KC's win over Cincy in the playoffs last year?

Did he watch KC's SB win?

He was literally handed the last SB because of a ticky tack call but I didn’t see him complaining about the refs deciding the game then. Tell your knucklehead not to line up in the Bills secondary it’s peewee football stuff 

• Like (+1) 11

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t believe how many times I have to say this but that td far from ended the game lol chiefs very well may have lost it anyway and had plenty of chances to pick up a few yards to tie/win the game after that and failed to do so 

I dont get it either. Acting like the refs bailed out the Bills by doing their job. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.