Today is another example of why our season isn’t over (Updated - 1/7 - WE’RE IN as the 2 seed!)

BillsFan619

Beat the Chiefs, which I believe we can, and I will believe in post season. There isn't a team in the league that I don't think Allen can't beat.  They just aren't doing it.  They need to start right now.

Kinda sickening honestly that this would have probably been the easiest year for the Bills to get the 1 seed and they blew it.  Probably also the easiest year to get to the bowl.  They haven't quite blown that yet.

I'll be here every week cheering our team on either way.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Bills are currently +500 to make the playoffs.  That means a $100 bet will pay $600 if they make it. Looking at the garbage teams we’re competing with, I love those odds, regardless of what all the tiebreakers say…

so if I put like $5k on this I would walk away with $25k? tempting.

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s why those quitting the season after the Broncos game and Eagles game are losers. 

“Wahhhhhh how could we ever win a game with Sean McDermott. “

The guy brought you the winning culture that you suddenly take for granted. The one that didn’t exist in your mind’s eye 5 years ago.  Let’s see the winning culture you’ve developed in your life to be throwing stones at him. 

*crickets*

Sean mcdermotts burner acct?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

so if I put like $5k on this I would walk away with $25k? tempting.

You can’t afford not to… wait till I tell you about the Bills’ Super Bowl odds…

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Beat the Chiefs, which I believe we can, and I will believe in post season. There isn't a team in the league that I don't think Allen can't beat.  They just aren't doing it.  They need to start right now.

Kinda sickening honestly that this would have probably been the easiest year for the Bills to get the 1 seed and they blew it.  Probably also the easiest year to get to the bowl.  They haven't quite blown that yet.

Stuck with Dorsey too long…I’m a believer in the Brady offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s why those quitting the season after the Broncos game and Eagles game are losers. 

The guy brought you the winning culture that you suddenly take for granted. The one that didn’t exist in your mind’s eye 5 years ago.  Let’s see the winning culture you’ve developed in your life to be throwing stones at him. 

*crickets*

Settle down Mrs McDermott 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TAinLack. said:

Bills offense needs to get a 2 score lead for the defense with a minute left in the game - problem solved!

probably more like 17 points plus

14 aren't enough, whatever you choose between deep pass catch /  PI / multiple quick outs, + recovered onside kick with hail murray

16 aren't enough, same as above with 2 points conversion

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

*crickets*

You don't think the winning culture has to do with having the most talented player in NFL history as your QB?

10 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

We’re ONE game behind every single wild card leader:

-The Steelers, who were just dominated by the Cardinals and don’t have a good QB (and who also may be out for a couple weeks with an ankle injury)

-The Browns, who just lost to the Rams and have either an aging QB or DTR to help them fulfill their playoff dreams

-The Colts, who have Gardner Minshew (career journeyman). While they’re schedule is not brutal, they could lose a few of their remaining games

-The Texans, who have a good QB but a rookie, and their #1 WR is out for the year

Yes, we have to play this one week at a time. That said, the offense is starting to look like the offense we’ve known over the past few years.

And for the people who say they need to see it, we’ve seen it the past three years. We’ve had an EIGHT game win streak to close out 2022, a FOUR game win streak to close out 2021 and a SIX game win streak to close out 2020.

Oh, and like no team above us, we have one of the best QBs in the league in JA.

Go Bills!

All that doesn't matter if the Bills can't win a game.  in reality, the Denver loss was the final nail. 

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

In 2020 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost the afc championship game 

in 2021 the bills had a 5 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round

in 2022 the bills had an 8 game winning streak until they lost in the divisional round 

yes, even with McDermott

So are you saying that all of McDermott's teams fell apart in the middle of the season?

As another thread shows, the other teams all play at least one game against another of the contenders whereas the Bills don’t, so somebody is losing in those head to head games. With that said, the Bills are going to have to run the table unless a couple of the other teams totally collapse. It’s just math. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not happy with the Chiefs loss to GB as they are now as desperate as the Bills.  

A loss & this really was a wasted year as a pretty clear path to the SB with KC down, no Burrow and no dominant AFC team. 

Best teams are in the NFC this year. The Bills showed they could compete with Philly. They probably will show they could do the same against Dallas. But SF when healthy would be tough to beat. SF is the most complete team in football. They are loaded with stars on both sides of the ball. Plus, that defense is flat out nasty. I don't think there is a more physical team in football than SF.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1

The good news is that the Bills still more or less control their own destiny. The bad news is that they are in this dire situation thanks to ridiculous losses to inferior teams like the Jets, Pat and Broncos. It is sad that they are in the position of being behind a number of much suckier teams in the conference. I will say that the playoffs (win or go home) starts for them against the Chiefs. If they do manage to go 5-0 from here on out they will at least be battle-tested heading into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Our season is over until we win a game against a playoff team. Sadly we have not done this since the Miami game. We’ve been competitive in some games(Jags, Bengals, Eagles,) but we are not deserving of any playoff consideration until this roster steps up in a big spot. Maybe it’s better that this front office sees a real need to turn this roster over a bit. Our secondary has been dominated on crushing game ending drives in too many games. Our 2 LB sets are pitifully inconsistent in supporting the run defense and underneath pass defense. Our receivers are fine but where are the long completions that break the opposition’s spirit. Floyd has had a nice year and Oliver is great but our other edge rushers have no sacks or consistent penetration.  What playoff team with big time receivers are we stopping with this defense?  Josh has to win shootouts for us to win those games. It can happen but this is where a coach can make a difference. Do we really expect our coaching staff to get us to the finish line?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Our season is over until we win a game against a playoff team. Sadly we have not done this since the Miami game. We’ve been competitive in some games(Jags, Bengals, Eagles,) but we are not deserving of any playoff consideration until this roster steps up in a big spot. Maybe it’s better that this front office sees a real need to turn this roster over a bit. Our secondary has been dominated on crushing game ending drives in too many games. Our 2 LB sets are pitifully inconsistent in supporting the run defense and underneath pass defense. Our receivers are fine but where are the long completions that break the opposition’s spirit. Floyd has had a nice year and Oliver is great but our other edge rushers have no sacks or consistent penetration.  What playoff team with big time receivers are we stopping with this defense?  Josh has to win shootouts for us to win those games. It can happen but this is where a coach can make a difference. Do we really expect our coaching staff to get us to the finish line?

No.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, finn said:

You don't think the winning culture has to do with having the most talented player in NFL history as your QB?

They broke the drought with Tyrod Taylor. 

There is a concept out there called synergy. Yes, it hasn't been an ideal synergy at times, but it has been a synergy. Let's not become black and white thinkers here, like most of this board. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

McDermott  can't.  He has failed what..4x so far this year alone.  He needs to go this offseason.

Yup. The Jets, Pats, and Broncos losses are unacceptable. Then they had a chance to steal one in Philly but McDermott's defense (as usual when it plays a good offense) failed to come up with one key stop. Let's bring him back so we can waste another year of Allen's career.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

There is a concept out there called synergy. Yes, it hasn't been an ideal synergy at times, but it has been a synergy. Let's not become black and white thinkers here, like most of this board. 

That was 7 years ago, other than old heads Poyer & Hyde, who is left from that team? Look at how enthusatic the team was then, compared to now. I know we finally caught enough breaks and bounces to make the playoffs in spite of our quarterback and on the legs of Shady McCoy, but that momentum is done. A bounce-back is possible, but I think the culture is dead the process has ended, unless we make a Super Bowl its time to move on.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Agree 1

It's up to the Bills to win at least four of these games. If they can afford to lose one, it would most likely be the Cowboys. They have too many AFC losses already.

First, the Chiefs. The Bills CAN win it, but given the repeated failures they've had this season, I have no confidence they will. 

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not happy with the Chiefs loss to GB as they are now as desperate as the Bills.  

A loss & this really was a wasted year as a pretty clear path to the SB with KC down, no Burrow and no dominant AFC team. 

You mean KC is 'humble and hungry', too? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As another thread shows, the other teams all play at least one game against another of the contenders whereas the Bills don’t, so somebody is losing in those head to head games. With that said, the Bills are going to have to run the table unless a couple of the other teams totally collapse. It’s just math. 

Browns and Steelers might win one more game the rest of the season between them.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Browns and Steelers might win one more game the rest of the season between them.

Talk about an awful loss. Steelers had no business losing to the Cardinals at home yesterday. Any chance the Pats can beat the Steelers this Thursday night. I doubt it but it would be nice to see NE get the win here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

They had the same record as the year before, , let's lay off the non nonsense.  They win by a non pass int call against Tyrod.  Josh Allen is our Qb

Okay let's not exaggerate.  Both were 7-7 going into the last 2 games.  Buffalo lost in OT to Miami and Rex was fired.

The difference was the 2016 Bills offense was actually not bad at all.  2017 under McD they were 31st in the league.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Talk about an awful loss. Steelers had no business losing to the Cardinals at home yesterday. Any chance the Pats can beat the Steelers this Thursday night. I doubt it but it would be nice to see NE get the win here.

The Steelers have been lucky all season as they were outgained every week and winning.  Law of averages catching up. 

NE has one win this year vs. a team not named the Bills.🤔 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I give McDermott credit for doing his part to helping the Bills do so well since he was hired. But I think he's a liability in close games, and the evidence bears me out. His prevent defense, lack of aggression in key spots, and baffling use of time-outs add up to a "play not to lose" attitude that I believe has contributed heavily to the Bills' poor record in one-score losses over the past several years.

So, yes, he played a key role in building the team's culture, but at this point he's holding the team back.

People need to understand this is not the same Bills team of years past.

4-1 or 5-0 was very realistic for those teams, but I'm not sure this group believes in themselves enough to do that. 

I don't blame them though, as it has to be disheartening to lose so many close games that came down to the wire. I hope the BYE got everyone on the same page.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.