Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LIke I did with Araiza, I will wait and see what happens and what comes out before I react to this.  But obviously does not look good if its DV involving a pregnant woman.  

Guess if its true, he and Tyreek Hill can get some beers and talk about their baby mama dramas lol

Sadly, the first thing that popped in my head was "will this allow us to get out of Von's contract" through a morality clause.  Never gonna route for DV against women, but if this is true, that actually might help the Bills overall cuz he is useless on the field this year as it is and it would give us cap space next season.  

the interesting thing, as araiza was brought up, is that this is an arrest warrant made immediately after the incident. with araiza it was investigated and no charges filed until it hit the media. it was reinvestigated and still no charges. yet, he was ripped apart to shreds.

this has charges already. and in legal speak - you can indict a ham sandwich. it's easy to get an indictment for an arrest, in other words. which is why it's that much more amazing that there was not that capability with Araiza.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

WTF's he doing in Dallas today?  

The way that this team's season has gone, McD should have given them a day or two off after Sunday, then been practicing again for @ Chiefs.  

Apparently the "winning culture" players coach side of McD figured given their 10th seed status that they've all earned a week off.  

SMFH  ...  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

The way that this team's season has gone, McD should have given them a day or two off after Sunday, then been practicing again for @ Chiefs.  

Apparently the "winning culture" players coach side of McD figured given their 10th seed status that they've all earned a week off.  

SMFH  ...  

Theres that thing called the CBA, but sure blame McD 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

DALLAS — Star NFL linebacker Von Miller faces an arrest in a domestic violence case in Dallas, multiple police sources told WFAA on Thursday morning.

Sources say Miller's longtime girlfriend has accused him of assaulting her at their home in Dallas on Wednesday morning. Sources told WFAA that his attorney has been contacted about the case and that a warrant has been issued for Miller's arrest.

As of 9 a.m. Thursday, Miller, 34, had not been arrested.

Sources told WFAA that the warrant was for a charge of assaulting a pregnant person, which is a third-degree felony.

WFAA reached out to the office of the attorney who is believed to be representing Miller, but the attorney was not immediately available for comment. WFAA has also reached out to a Dallas Police Department spokesperson for more information about the case.

Miller, a DeSoto native, is currently a linebacker for the Buffalo Bills, who are on a bye and not playing this week. 

Miller previously played for the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 and for the Denver Broncos from 2011-2021.

Miller was a star in Denver, where he earned three first-team All-Pro selections and led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory in 2015. Miller was traded to the Rams during the 2021 season and helped Los Angeles to a Super Bowl victory that season.

Miller played college football at Texas A&M.

In 2021, Miller was under investigation by the Parker, Colo., police department, but the 18th Judicial District, the district attorney's office for the city, declined to move forward with charges against Miller. Details surrounding the investigation were not disclosed by authorities, and Miller remained on the Broncos team for that upcoming season.

Pregnant female.

Because females get pregnant.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Wow this is crazy. Von has some explaining to do. Time for Pegula to clean house. McDermott, Beane, Von Miller, Poyer, Hyde ect. They are ruining Josh Allen’s prime years, feel bad for Josh. 

Beane didn’t hire McD and no way is he the problem. Yes, we need some new, younger talent especially at safety, but overall the GM has done a damn good job.

BIt's hard to fathom that an elite  professional athlete could put themselves in this type of position, considering all they stand to lose. 

I'll reserve judgment until all the facts are developed and exposed.

If true, kick his worthless butt to the curb. 

And I would add that with past "allegations" I'd like to think that Beane and the boys woukd have a morality clause in place.

But, this version  of the Bills...

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

SMFH  ...  

It's in the CBA, genius.

Regular Season and Postseason Practices

Section 2

Bye Weeks

"During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

SMFH  ...  

There are rules about practice during the bye week in the CBA. They could have had single 3-hour non-padded practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but no team does that. You would get a really bad reputation around the league amongst players for not giving them the whole bye week off. Most players go on vacation. I know that we want them to have fully-padded two-a-day practices with Oklahoma drills to punish them for our anguish over all the losing, but that's not how it works.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

the interesting thing, as araiza was brought up, is that this is an arrest warrant made immediately after the incident. with araiza it was investigated and no charges filed until it hit the media. it was reinvestigated and still no charges. yet, he was ripped apart to shreds.

this has charges already. and in legal speak - you can indict a ham sandwich. it's easy to get an indictment for an arrest, in other words. which is why it's that much more amazing that there was not that capability with Araiza.

Yeah, the Araiza situation was so crazy, couldn't believe how many wanted to hang him when there was clear evidence that suggested he might not even be involved.  Including her dumb lawyer releasing her journal entries that stated the next morning she had no idea how she got in the room and no idea who was in the room, and questioned her own decisions being part of what happened.  Then there were own friends giving statements Matt wasn't even at the house.  Like all this came out the first 24 hours on top of no chargers ever being filed and just a lawyer going after money not justice who was trying to convict him in the court of public opinion on twitter.  

But even now with Von, like you said, its not that hard to get an arrest warrant, so I will wait until more is known.  But not a good look and start when Von was previously investigated for DV in 2021 in Colorado and now has an actual arrest warrant issued.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

SMFH  ...  

players are only allowed to practice and have meetings like 10 hours per year or something, as per the most recent CBA…

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.

Yeah, just saw that.  

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/24/section/2

This happened on Wednesday, which means that given that their 4 days "over a Saturday and Sunday," would have been Thurs thru Sunday at mimimum.  

This occurred on Wednesday at 11 a.m. according to local Dallas news.  

So the original point stands.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This is wrong but my first thought is "Does he have a morality clause in his contract we can leverage?"

EDIT: Just in case this needs to be said.  Abusing anyone is wrong, but especially a loved one.  It's horrific behavior that creates generational trauma.  I'm not saying Miller is guilty, just that the act of domestic abuse is disgusting. 

Kind of messed up but that's exactly where my mind went too. Sure hope it's not true for everyone involved, most importantly the woman. 

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's in the CBA, genius.

Regular Season and Postseason Practices

Section 2

Bye Weeks

"During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff."

See my post on the next page, ... genius.  

Incident occurred on Wed. at 11 a.m. according to local Dallas news. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, just saw that.  

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/24/section/2

This happened on Wednesday, which means that given that their 4 days "over a Saturday and Sunday," would have been Thurs thru Sunday at mimimum.  

This occurred on Wednesday at 11 a.m. according to local Dallas news.  

So the original point stands.  

Sure whatever you think

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

SMFH  ...  

They have a bye this week so no practice.

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

There are rules about practice during the bye week in the CBA. They could have had single 3-hour non-padded practices on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but no team does that. You would get a really bad reputation around the league amongst players for not giving them the whole bye week off. Most players go on vacation. I know that we want them to have fully-padded two-a-day practices with Oklahoma drills to punish them for our anguish over all the losing, but that's not how it works.

That's fine, but a whole week off for this team seems to make zero sense.  

Let's see if it pays off.  

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Sure whatever you think

Or whatever it says given that the logic that the CBA explains this is invalid.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Not saying we can't. I'm stating that it's tough to swallow the thought of spending even more draft capital to rebuild half the defense. 

It's what we have been doing for years now.

And their defense was bottom half of the NFL in points allowed. They won because of their offense. 

So draft 2 WR's and still draft 3 defensive starters? It's a lot to ask for is all i'm saying.

A much better RT for one.
Likely need a new LT at some point with Dawkins only having 1 year left on his contract (unless we are willing to spend huge money to re-sign Dawkins).
A legitimate #2 (and drafted #2 WR's typically take a year or two to develop).

If we release Dawkins, White, Johnson, Morse, Poyer, Harty, and Hines we can get down to almost $0 cap space.

Then we will have to restructure a few players to get enough room just to sign the draft picks.

If your cap numbers are correct, then my numbers of who to cut are off .. but I’m wondering if the cap numbers you used aren’t factoring in projected cap increase?  Because I’ve read $29M over … and $40M+ would be a reckoning that not even another JA restructure can fix. 

Regardless.. we can enter next season with something like this offense:

Allen

Dawkins / Brown

McGovern / Morse / Torrence

Cook / Johnson

Kincaid / Knox

Diggs / Shakir / RD1 WR 

Epenesa 4 year deal (backloaded)

Floyd 2 year deal (w void years)

Jones 2 year deal (w void years)

RD2 DT

RD3 S

RD4 Slot Corner

RD5-7 DT, S, OL

That’s once again pushing $$$ down the road on the DL, but to years where we’re out of the Von & White deals with an ever-increasing salary cap. 

Defense will have to start some rookies in the Secondary, but that Offense … on paper, is elite … and the Bills DL and LB’s would be top tier. 

And maybe it comes down to Von vs Floyd, depending how this plays out.  If we can get out of some of Von’s deal, we can keep Floyd … if not, and this fades away, we have to hope Von still has some juice in the tank.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That's fine, but a whole week off for this team seems to make zero sense.  

Let's see if it pays off.  

Or whatever it says given that the logic that the CBA explains this is invalid.  

You said, "The way that this team's season has gone, McD should have given them a day or two off after Sunday, then been practicing again for @ Chiefs.  "

So after Sunday they would have had Monday and Tuesday off (per you) you wanted McD to have them practice on Wednesday? And that would accomplish what exactly?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Was it?

In retrospect yea, but at time it made sense. 

What was the Rams offer?  2 yrs / 40M?

Ours was essentially one more year at 3 / 60 plus some fluff that we restructured to make it a 4 year commitment.

The restructure and reasons we went after Von are blemishes for Beane, but the contract itself .. I don’t know.   I was good with it at the time. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If your cap numbers are correct, then my numbers of who to cut are off .. but I’m wondering if the cap numbers you used aren’t factoring in projected cap increase?  Because I’ve read $29M over … and $40M+ would be a reckoning that not even another JA restructure can fix. 

Regardless.. we can enter next season with something like this offense:

Allen

Dawkins / Brown

McGovern / Morse / Torrence

Cook / Johnson

Kincaid / Knox

Diggs / Shakir / RD1 WR 

Epenesa 4 year deal (backloaded)

Floyd 2 year deal (w void years)

Jones 2 year deal (w void years)

RD2 DT

RD3 S

RD4 Slot Corner

RD5-7 DT, S, OL

That’s once again pushing $$$ down the road on the DL, but to years where we’re out of the Von & White deals with an ever-increasing salary cap. 

Defense will have to start some rookies in the Secondary, but that Offense … on paper, is elite … and the Bills DL and LB’s would be top tier. 

And maybe it comes down to Von vs Floyd, depending how this plays out.  If we can get out of some of Von’s deal, we can keep Floyd … if not, and this fades away, we have to hope Von still has some juice in the tank.  

My cap numbers are including the cap increase. But i don't want to clutter this thread anymore. Please move discussion here: 

IF this is true, and it might now be, it's very interesting that Von has this totally zen "I'm gonna be calm and at peace and control what I can control" demeanor that he presents to the football press.

If he beats pregnant women — and history is full of both false criminal accusations against wealthy people and athletes who think they're above the law — then that demanor is A) either a total facade. or B) He's chill when it comes to football but a psycho in his personal life. The latter would be truly scary.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.