Can we have a conversation about Diggs?

HappyDays

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

It was Brady's first game last week. He tried different things. He had short week and a condensed game plan. Today was a lot different and you could see it. Today was better than any game Dorsey called all season and outside of one drop today, Diggs looked normal. There are no separation issues with Diggs

Ok like I said man we will agree to disagree haha.

Respectfully, your opinion is not gospel and it’s a pretty subjective subject .

74 yards on over 55 drop backs with 1 drop and maybe 1-2 more he could have had, does not scream Diggs looked like his “normal” elite self

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, I want viable weapons and Diggs looks like he’s either 1) not trying anymore 2) washed after the first half of the season.  Either way, I’ll let go before I’m burned rather than hope a 30 yr old WR is going to turn over a new leaf.

Even so, him not “trying any more” is still better than anything else the Bills have and better than like 80-85% of the receivers in the league 

I understand the frustration that everyone has, I have it to, but to want to drive the best player on the team out of Buffalo is crazy 

37 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think he is mentally done in Buffalo.  We saw it at the end of last year,heard about it in the offseason.  I think he, and Josh, don't believe they can win with McDermott as HC.

I keep seeing this  repeated on here... but is it just a parroted narrative or actual truth? 

Even if Diggs would be "mentally out", he has still played hard and he delivers. His drops have been rare, hence why they stand out. He's not the problem on the field! Sometimes I do wonder about his attitude as well though...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Ok like I said man we will agree to disagree haha.

Respectfully, your opinion is not gospel and it’s a pretty subjective subject .

74 yards on over 55 drop backs with 1 drop and maybe 1-2 more he could have had, does not scream Diggs looked like his “normal” elite self

Diggs is fine. He is elite. When either McD goes next year or he goes somewhere else. You will be proved wrong lol. I think he is personally checked out as has been the case since last season ended. 

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs is fine. He is elite. When either McD goes next year or he goes somewhere else. You will be proved wrong lol. I think he is personally checked out as has been the case since last season ended. 

I’m sorry but I am not going to go off your opinion of “Diggs is fine and he’s elite” with nothing to back that up haha.  

Especially when he has clear drop issues and his production has gone wayyyy down .

We shall see, we shall see

I’m sorry but I am not going to go off your opinion of “Diggs is fine and he’s elite” with nothing to back that up haha.  

Especially when he has clear drop issues and his production has gone wayyyy down .

Lmao. He was elite in week 6. He is elite now. The offense was the problem. When you don't have a number 2 and a predictable offense, it's gonna cause issues. But you believe what you want if it helps you sleep better

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

You do remember in the New England game when he clearly beat his man on a deep ball and Allen misfired, right? Diggs went for 57 yards that game. If Allen hits Diggs in his hands, he goes for 120. Perfectly good example 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lmao. He was elite in week 6. He is elite now. The offense was the problem. When you don't have a number 2 and a predictable offense, it's gonna cause issues. But you believe what you want if it helps you sleep better

Cool- show me a stat where his separation is still elite and I’ll stand corrected.

If not, we will agree to disagree as there’s no point arguing opinions with no data to back it up.

Have a good night 

Cool- show me a stat where his separation is still elite and I’ll stand corrected.

If not, we will agree to disagree as there’s no point arguing opinions with no data to back it up.

Have a good night 

I don’t need a stat. I watch the games. I also see that we had problems as a whole as an offense which effects things but you wanna disregard the offensive problems and use it to say Diggs has lost a step

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t need a stat. I watch the games. I also see that we had problems as a whole as an offense which effects things but you wanna disregard the offensive problems and use it to say Diggs has lost a step

Ok so you have a subjective opinion.

As well do I

Difference is I’m not that rude to just say you’re “wrong” when we disagree lol

Have a good night sir 

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Diggs is (once again) amongst the NFL leaders in receptions, yards and TDs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ok then show me a stat that backs that he’s an elite separator this year.

Not “trust me bro, you’re wrong “

Have WRs never had a couple bad games in a row? Jamarr Chase has been crap the last 2 weeks. Is that issues with Separation? What about AJ Brown? 1 catch for 8 yards last week and only 20 yards receiving this week. AJ Brown looks slow and can't separate. He had a drop on the last drive. He's not elite. He's 26. Starting to get a little over the hill. The offense has to do with it. Not the player. His only issues recently is drops. Not separation

Have WRs never had a couple bad games in a row? Jamarr Chase has been crap the last 2 weeks. Is that issues with Separation? What about AJ Brown? 1 catch for 8 yards last week and only 20 yards receiving this week. AJ Brown looks slow and can't separate. He had a drop on the last drive. He's not elite. He's 26. Starting to get a little over the hill. The offense has to do with it. Not the player. His only issues recently is drops. Not separation

I never once said Diggs is over the hill.

I just don’t think he’s played his best football the last 6 games or so and his production clearly reflects that. (Not just a Ken Dorsey problem)

Drops objectively he has had a lot more than usual.

We seem to disagree on the separation aspect which again is fine man haha.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

Agree 100%.  Just another reason we need to draft a guy in the first round who can step in immediately as WR2 and take over as WR1 the next year.  Digg's is 30 years old...there's gonna be a dropoff.

I just don’t think he’s played his best football the last 6 games or so and his production clearly reflects that. (Not just a Ken Dorsey problem)

He has no issues with separation. He like any other elite WR has bad weeks here and there and they have been more prevalent in what was a bad offense as a whole for 6 weeks. So, what you're saying is Diggs hasn’t been able to separate in the same time our offense became completely predictable and sputtered? I don't think it's coincidence. The offense has been the problem 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

And by the way, saying someone can't separate and isn't elite anymore is basically saying he's over the hill without saying he's over the hill lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

He has no issues with separation. He like any other elite WR has bad weeks here and there and they have been more prevalent in what was a bad offense as a whole for 6 weeks. So, what you're saying is Diggs hasn’t been able to separate in the same time our offense became completely predictable and sputtered? I don't think it's coincidence. The offense has been the problem 

Yes i am saying he looks a little less twitchier than usual in his reps and has had issues with drops on top of that.

To confirm- Diggs is still a very good receiver.

I am just not seeing a dominant receiver anymore 

Yes i am saying he looks a little less twitchier than usual in his reps and has had issues with drops on top of that.

To confirm- Diggs is still a very good receiver.

I am just not seeing a dominant receiver anymore 

Okey dokey. I can't do this anymore. Lol. Have a good night 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

Likely no one else on the team hauls in that sliding touchdown catch. He’s a top tier wide receiver and that cannot be argued. What’s your point? He’s overpaid? Not really, there are total hacks making 75 percent of what he makes. Maybe if the Bills go full rebuild, they trade him.

That wasn’t a special catch by NFL standards.  He’s still a #1, but he’s no longer a difference maker.  He’s not breaking teams back, if anything he’s been dropping passes that break the Bills.   He may be a stay Queen, but that’s more indicative of the lack of talent around him.  That’s no excuse either, he’s produced BIG with the same guys or equivalent around him since he’s been here, he’s just dropping off.

34 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Even so, him not “trying any more” is still better than anything else the Bills have and better than like 80-85% of the receivers in the league 

I understand the frustration that everyone has, I have it to, but to want to drive the best player on the team out of Buffalo is crazy 

It’s not crazy when he’s no longer a difference maker.  You can’t be just “better than everyone else on the ***** team” and make 20+ against the cap.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I did find it interesting how happy he seemed to be as the game ended.   He looked like we won the game with how he was talking to players on the field 

He seems like a guy who has no faith in his coach anymore.  Understandable to be frustrated, However, he is a team captain and dropping the ball himself,  so he also needs to look in the mirror.  McD may have lost the team.  I’ve been thinking about Josh’s comments that “I have total faith in the guys in the locker room” and realize that likely doesn’t include the coach?

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Agree with the last 2 games, it’s very likely they aren’t making the playoffs. I wonder if he believes that too. 

That would be kinda stupid to believe we aren’t making the playoffs before this loss, considering that we won last week and if we won this week we’re still one game out of the division lead and are going to play the team that holds that lead again.

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think he is mentally done in Buffalo.  We saw it at the end of last year,heard about it in the offseason.  I think he, and Josh, don't believe they can win with McDermott as HC.

We were having a pretty fun MST3K of his convo with AJ Brown after the game "Can you believe the idiot coaches i got? I was telling you, now you believe me? Yeah, that's what all that offseason heat was about. You think you guys would be up for trading for me after the season? I'd love to have a chance at winning a Super Bowl without a bunch of ****ing idiot coaches that should be hitting a brunch in Branson MO keep ****ing me over"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

I’m extremely worried that Diggs is gonna be “away from the team” if the Bills lose one or two more games.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I did find it interesting how happy he seemed to be as the game ended.   He looked like we won the game with how he was talking to players on the field 

He knew it was done when they only got a FG. He's seen this movie before. He's had front row seats actually.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If Allen does believe this and I suspect he may then McD will be gone after the season which would be a good thing.

Over the last 6 weeks the Allen/Diggs situation seemed to clear up for me and it seemed like maybe Diggs was saying things Allen wanted to, but couldn't say as a franchise QB? I can't believe Pegula isn't on top of this.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Because he was proven right.  Dorsey was an idiot and McD is a joke.  Allen and Diggs are the only stars on the offense.  Beane did a decent job with the OL.  

22 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If Allen does believe this and I suspect he may then McD will be gone after the season which would be a good thing.

Over the last 6 weeks the Allen/Diggs situation seemed to clear up for me and it seemed like maybe Diggs was saying things Allen wanted to, but couldn't say as a franchise QB? I can't believe Pegula isn't on top of this.

I don’t know how you can have a defensive head coach, who demanded even more involvement and watch a lead with under 2 minutes evaporate as often as these guys have.

This is supposed to be the ultimate leader of the team and his highest area of knowledge. Even if it is a team game. Even if these guys want to give McD the benefit of the doubt as leaders of the team. 

These guys sold out completely today. It was a playoff caliber effort. They gave the defense multiple chances for one stop. How can they keep supporting the process and putting in so much of themselves and preaching his gospel to the team with these outcomes. It might be different if a few of these went the other way but a lot of us have such feelings in life. Just like the rest of us, you don’t get certain things back. 

It sort of reminds me how some great relationships you might have had once upon a time didn’t work out and you wonder why. It often times could have been something that worked but for whatever reason time or circumstances or events changed the direction and no matter how much you try and go back, you just can’t do it. 

I don’t know if McD can go back at this point. Which certainly doesn’t make him a bad person or coach. He might be better off finding a new partner he can have a fresh start with along with the Bills. Give us another chance at love ❤️ 🥹😂

• Like (+1) 1

I know everybody here is a borderline league-level scout that trusts their eyes above all else, but it should be repeated that he's nowhere close to "falling off" statistically. Quite the opposite actually, especially in terms of TDs. If you didn't watch a game and just pulled up league leading stats you'd assume Diggs is as elite as ever. Mentioning because some are talking like he's clearly falling off - it's subjective at best, and the numbers definitely aren't supporting it.

Love Diggs, but he looks checked out. 

Hard not to read into his body language and usage/effort lately. 

Even after the TD, I thought it was incomplete because he reacted to it like someone kicked his dog. 

Going through the motions is what I’m seeing from him.  

And I don’t even necessarily mean that as a criticism.    He’s playing for a HC he doesn’t believe in and knows can’t get the job done. 

Diggs is actually not good on separation.  According to nextgenstats, Diggs avg cusion on catches is 2.7 yards.  Not only is that not very good compared to other receivers, but it's not even good compared to our own.  It's pretty much the worst on our team. Even Davis is 3.0 avg.  That said, Diggs is still elite IMO.  Still our best WR. Still a top WR in the league.  He has just made some mistakes these past few games.  All receivers make mistakes though. 

There is also no way Diggs is "checked out."  The dude is still getting fired up and being a leader on the sidelines and stuff.  Thats not checked out.

Edited by Scott7975