Can we have a conversation about Diggs?

HappyDays

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He has been fine. The last 2 games before this one he was quiet. This one he was pretty much back to himself. Stop making it sound like there is a skill decline. Since week 5? Nothing to see here. Thanks for a useless thread. Enjoy your night

That's a pretty weak response.  Diggs has definitely not been the same receiver he has been in previous years.  Not nearly as dominant.  And his demeanor is not nearly as intense as previous seasons.  He still has some tread on the tires.  But this has been a rough season.

It’s pretty obvious to me Diggs quit on this team and no one is mentioning so I’ll say it. He quit and is a piece of SH@T for doing so. Sits out numerous 3rd down plays and is uncharacteristically dropping balls. You can see he isn’t giving his all anymore and it’s disgusting. Trade him to a bottom feeder to spite his sorry ass

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

It’s pretty obvious to me Diggs quit on this team and no one is mentioning so I’ll say it. He quit and is a piece of SH@T for doing so. Sits out numerous 3rd down plays and is uncharacteristically dropping balls. You can see he isn’t giving his all anymore and it’s disgusting. Trade him to a bottom feeder to spite his sorry ass

you're new here....you probably shouldn't overstay your welcome

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

You realize he doesn't control who is on the field in those personnel groupings right?  Tell us you are clueless without telling us you are clueless tho.

One of the silliest threads I have seen in a long time.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

What a clown take. 

How is it clown take? The evidence is right there. Never before has he sat out several key 3rd downs. Romo was perplexed as was all Bills fans. He is in tip top shape and sitting out plays. He takes himself out. You realize that? He taps out. It’s infuriating

• Dislike 1

Just now, AZSanta said:

How is it clown take? The evidence is right there. Never before has he sat out several key 3rd downs. Romo was perplexed as was all Bills fans. He is in tip top shape and sitting out plays. He takes himself out. You realize that? He taps out. It’s infuriating

Please stop

Just now, AZSanta said:

Yes, because Brady chose to use different personnel groupings.  It's pretty simple. 

Edited by Big Turk

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Imo it's only really been the last 2 games. His stats are still at the top. Taking him out on 3rd downs is baffling though 

Likely something they thought they could attack with a matchup against the Eagles in those situations with a bigger WR. Would help if Sherfield ran the correct routes tho.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Do you really think players just arbitrarily get to decide who is out there? You don't realize that coordinators dictate the personnel? 

Sometimes I'm surprised football viewers know how to get to the channel with their remote.   

• Haha (+1) 1

For the love of...

I can't find the tweet but one of the Bills beat reporters let slip that Steff is dealing with a nagging neck/shoulder problem so they limited his snaps so as not to make it worse.

And of course on one of the TDs, a Philly jag takes a cheap shot on him that shockingly was uncalled by the clown officiating crew...

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Do you really think players just arbitrarily get to decide who is out there? You don't realize that coordinators dictate the personnel? 

Sometimes I'm surprised football viewers know how to get to the channel with their remote.   

They can tap out if they are tired. You see it all the time. They tap there helmet to say I need a rest. 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

One of the 2 players on offense that actually gives a *****. 

davis gives a shizzy - it's clear in his language. as does the OL. the entire OL is now dialed in. when allen is on point everyone buys in. it's noticeable. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

They can tap out if they are tired. You see it all the time. They tap there helmet to say I need a rest. 

Yes.  Sometimes players tell the coaches they can't go back out there. 

Show me that was the case with Diggs. Without it you're just screaming into the void for nothing.  Diggs had a fantastic TD catch and is putting up top numbers across the NFL.  Please show me how he's quit on the team.  

Your vitriol is unfounded and doesn't make sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been thinking this for a few weeks now. He doesn’t look as explosive as he has in years past. Likely because he’s aging. Is he still very good? Yes. But you can’t say that this is the same diggs as 2020 because he isn’t. We are about to be a in a bad spot with this roster with nothing to show for it 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

43 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Yes.  Sometimes players tell the coaches they can't go back out there. 

Show me that was the case with Diggs. Without it you're just screaming into the void for nothing.  Diggs had a fantastic TD catch and is putting up top numbers across the NFL.  Please show me how he's quit on the team.  

Your vitriol is unfounded and doesn't make sense. 

What’s is your explanation for him missing several 3 rd downs? We had sherfield out there running wrong routes because of Diggs coming off the field. I don’t remember any game where diggs is off the field for several keys moments 

2 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

What’s is your explanation for him missing several 3 rd downs? We had sherfield out there running wrong routes because of Diggs coming off the field. I don’t remember any game where diggs is off the field for several keys moments 

My explanation is that the Bills have different positional groupings for different situations, and we have a new offensive coordinator who may be utilizing those groupings differently than in the past. 

You're making the claim, the burden is on you to provide supporting evidence. 

If you're only evidence that he quit the team is "Well he wasn't out there on 3rd down!?" which can be easily explained away from positional groups and an offensive coordinator change, then you don't have much of an argument and you sound ridiculous.  

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

My explanation is that the Bills have different positional groupings for different situations, and we have a new offensive coordinator who may be utilizing those groupings differently than in the past. 

If you're only evidence that he quit the team is "Well he wasn't out there on 3rd down!?" which can be easily explained away from positional groups and an offensive coordinator change, then you don't have much of an argument and you sound ridiculous.  

I love Stef and do not think he quit on his team at all. But I also believe a lot of those missed plays were on "breathers".

They showed it last night, on one of Digg's catches he ran completely across the field. For a gain of like 12 yards he had actually ran close to 60, on a sprint, with a DB pulling on him. He took himself out after that play as well.

If dude needs a breather, that's fine. It's likely what was happening. But doesnt mean he quit on his team at all.

edit to add: If we have groupings that dictate Sherfield over Diggs and our OC chooses to use those in the red zone, then he should be fired as well. I'd be more surprised if Brady actively called for Sherfield over Diggs there.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

I think yesterday was unique.

They ran a ton of plays and the weather was bad.  Using all the active wr makes sense to me.  I don't see anything wrong with diggs being out a few plays on 3rd downs.  He may have had something we don't know about bothering him yesterday or maybe he was just winded at times like everyone else.

The wr job description number 1 is to be able to run all day but even in saying that They ran a lot of plays and if he was subbed because he needed a breather or they were giving him one to keep him fresh I do not see it as a problem.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

he's not made some plays that he normally would but then on the other hand he's broke some tackles and had some big plays that he normally doesnt.   

Yeah, that's my thought.  He's had a couple of uncharacteristic drops, but it seems he's made more explosive "something from nothing" type of yac plays this year than in the past.  Overall, I think he's been really good.  He came up with that great TD yesterday to put us up 24-14 as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I’ve been thinking this for a few weeks now. He doesn’t look as explosive as he has in years past. Likely because he’s aging. 

I don't think age is an issue. He's 29. The top 2 WRs right now are the same age or older. 

Tyreek Hill (1,300+ yards) - 29 (1st)

Keenan Allen (1,100+ yards) - 31 (2nd)

Davante Adam's (800+ yards) - 30

Mike Evans (850+ yards) -  30

Then you have the younger guys:

Ceedee Lamb (1,050+ yards) - 24

AJ Brown (1,050 yards) - 26

Amon-Ra St Brown (950+ yards) - 26

Diggs is right in the middle. I really don't think it's age. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love Stef and do not think he quit on his team at all. But I also believe a lot of those missed plays were on "breathers".

They showed it last night, on one of Digg's catches he ran completely across the field. For a gain of like 12 yards he had actually ran close to 60, on a sprint, with a DB pulling on him. He took himself out after that play as well.

If dude needs a breather, that's fine. It's likely what was happening. But doesnt mean he quit on his team at all.

You're right and you've articulated something that I didn't, but I think can still be contributed to the new coordinator change.  Diggs may be running harder, longer developing routes now that he's not the focus of the short game like he was with Dorsey. That would account for needing more rests. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Enough of this nitpicky, scapegoating BS when the issue is obviously at the top of the team.

Stef Diggs is not a problem. As a matter of fact, I'd say if we had 22 Stef Diggs we'd have 2 Lombardis by now. Dude is a baller and a consummate pro who always shows up to play.

Replace the coaching and let the talent win.

What scheme are you running with 22 Diggs?  Makes no sense.

In all seriousness, he had 6 catches on 11 targets and dropped at least one that hit him in the hands.  The drops are creeping in and that concerns me.  He also got mugged by Slay and there were zero calls which hurts that number.  I believe he subbed himself out on a number of those third downs.  I wonder if he is playing with injury or if he was sick because no way hes tapping out on critical downs.  Diggs is still our best weapon but we need to bring in young talent this offseason.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

If you're seeing it then it's probably real but I just can't be concerned about Diggs or any other player when the head coach is such a glaring issue right now.

1 hour ago, AZSanta said:

To put an end to this ridiculous discussion you've hijacked my thread over - Diggs played 87 of 95 snaps yesterday. I believe that would rank among his highest single game snap shares since joining the team.

Anyone questioning Diggs' mentality or desire to win is flat out trolling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

My evidence is he looks disinterested and isn’t putting in his normal 110% effort to make plays. The Bills are fighting for their playoff lives and chose this game to sit their best offensive weapon on several occasions because Brady wants to try new groupings. Who sounds more ridiculous you or me? He has openly complained about the team going backwards his brother is in his ear telling him to get out of Buffalo and you’re going to tell me there is no evidence? There is certainly motive to try and force his way out by quitting in the team. I can guarantee you this. He is not in a Bills uniform next year. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

To put an end to this ridiculous discussion you've hijacked my thread over - Diggs played 87 of 95 snaps yesterday. I believe that would rank among his highest single game snap shares since joining the team.

Anyone questioning Diggs' mentality or desire to win is flat out trolling.

At some point he will do whatever it takes to get out of Buffalo. His family is in his ear about leaving. If he really wants out he can make that happen by quitting. The season is all but over for them. Yesterday was his first step in making it happen. You watch 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think he is mentally done in Buffalo.  We saw it at the end of last year,heard about it in the offseason.  I think he, and Josh, don't believe they can win with McDermott as HC.

I don’t necessarily disagree, and “if” this is the case, they both need to drop by T Pegs house for a bit of a discussion…, this team as structured by the HC can not continue in a status quo fashion going forward.  
   The emphasis on the Ds structure/scheme needs an overhaul and the majority of resources need desperately to be changed over to the O side every draft and every FA period or nothing is going to get better. We need better minds running the show. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Get rid of McD and you’ll see a rejuvenated Diggs

Diggs knew he wasn’t going to win with Dorsey and he knows McD doesn’t have what it takes to get this team to the Super Bowl

Diggs has always been the most passionate, hate-to-lose player on the team. Most of his teammates are just collecting paychecks.

21 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

My evidence is he looks disinterested and isn’t putting in his normal 110% effort to make plays. 

So not evidence at all, but conjecture and subjective reading of his play?  Got it. 

22 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Who sounds more ridiculous you or me?

You. Definitely you. 

22 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

He has openly complained about the team going backwards his brother is in his ear telling him to get out of Buffalo and you’re going to tell me there is no evidence?

When has Diggs publicly complained about the state of the team? He addressed the media last week and dismissed his brother's claims.  I don't know what else you want him to do besides disown him or something. 

24 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

There is certainly motive to try and force his way out by quitting in the team. I can guarantee you this. He is not in a Bills uniform next year. 

Well why are you on here griping about it if you know he's going to be gone next season? You should be celebrating. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't think age is an issue. He's 29. The top 2 WRs right now are the same age or older. 

Tyreek Hill (1,300+ yards) - 29 (1st)

Keenan Allen (1,100+ yards) - 31 (2nd)

Davante Adam's (800+ yards) - 30

Mike Evans (850+ yards) -  30

Then you have the younger guys:

Ceedee Lamb (1,050+ yards) - 24

AJ Brown (1,050 yards) - 26

Amon-Ra St Brown (950+ yards) - 26

Diggs is right in the middle. I really don't think it's age. 

It is a systematic problem, in the way the team has been structured since the current administration got here, they certainly have improved things, we all know that, but at the same time the GM & HC have noticeably hit a wall/ plateaued in how the have the players play the game.
   In other words the D has been figured out by better teams DCs, we see it every season, and the Offense has been essentially patch worked in the trenches, and no viable replacement for either Brown or Beasley have been brought in together  until this season, and only half of that need was addressed with Kincaid.

Our offense rocked when Diggs, Brown, Davis and Beasley and Allen were grouped together, yet Beane and McDermott haven’t been able to replicate that level of WR/ QB success, they keep throwing money at the D, but without greater success, this is a systematic issue, not  Diggs issue. 

GO BILLS!!!