Can we have a conversation about Diggs?

HappyDays

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Imo it's only really been the last 2 games.

Yeah it's something I've been thinking about since the London game, but the last two weeks in particular are what led me to create this thread. I just don't see anybody talking about it which is weird. From 2020 to 2022 I was confident saying he was a top 5 WR in football. This year it feels a little off.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I will probably get flamed for this thread, but here goes - can we have a real conversation about Diggs' drop off this year? He has not been his usual special self since the London game. He's dropped a bunch of passes recently and now has two INTs on the year that were ripped out of his hands. I miss the days when Diggs was putting CBs like Marshon Lattimore and Jalen Ramsey on skates. This year he is getting locked down pretty easily by true #1 CBs.

I mean just to be clear Diggs is far from our biggest problem on offense, but when the ancillary weapons are so below average you really need your #1 guy to be at the top of the elite tier and Diggs just hasn't been that guy this year. I worry that he is reaching that age where WRs start to hit a wall, and once it starts it can get bad fast.

Flame away.

He looked fine to me. Is it wrong to get the rest of our offensive weapons involved? There's only one football.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Flame away.

You aren't wrong.

What was even odder to me was how he was coming out on 3rd down at times tonight. Not typical. Wonder if he's playing through some kind of injury. Hoping he's not hitting that WR drop off. 

He's had his moments, for sure this year. But I'm thinking IF the Bills miss the playoffs this off season could be very interesting where it concerns 14.

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think he is mentally done in Buffalo.  We saw it at the end of last year,heard about it in the offseason.  I think he, and Josh, don't believe they can win with McDermott as HC.

100%. They know they will win nothing with McD. Buffalo are wasting two of the best players careers. Dalton Kincaid....you're next. Makes me ***** sick. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Flame away.

At half time, I said, “it’s time to make some hard decisions, the first one needs to be letting Diggs go, he’s not the same guy, huge cap hit, no performance.”’  He’s not a difference make any more.  Trade him and get what you can.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

Flame away.

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Imo it's only really been the last 2 games. His stats are still at the top. Taking him out on 3rd downs is baffling though 

Yeah I'd agree too, it's not been a season long thing,. more just past few games. Agree too don't understand why they took him out. Admittedly I didn't see what he did on the play prior, maybe he just ran 50 yards downfield??

Flame away.

He has been fine. The last 2 games before this one he was quiet. This one he was pretty much back to himself. Stop making it sound like there is a skill decline. Since week 5? Nothing to see here. Thanks for a useless thread. Enjoy your night

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You’re spot on like always.

Diggs hasn’t been his dominant self.

Seems like he’s struggling to create separation consistently, and it also seems like he has a lot more drops this year

What are you talking about? Up until the last 3 games he was on pace for like 120 catches and will still get over 100 by years end. He has what? 8 or 9 TDs. He's fine at separating. People like to pull junk out of thin air

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

At half time, I said, “it’s time to make some hard decisions, the first one needs to be letting Diggs go, he’s not the same guy, huge cap hit, no performance.”’  He’s not a difference make any more.  Trade him and get what you can.

“No performance”??

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

What are you talking about? Up until the last 3 games he was on pace for like 120 catches and will still get over 100 by years end. He has what? 8 or 9 TDs. He's fine at separating. People like pull junk out of thin air

Has a great start to the year and a lot of those stats are from the first 5 games

He hasn’t been playing great football as of late, for his standards 

Enough of this nitpicky, scapegoating BS when the issue is obviously at the top of the team.

Stef Diggs is not a problem. As a matter of fact, I'd say if we had 22 Stef Diggs we'd have 2 Lombardis by now. Dude is a baller and a consummate pro who always shows up to play.

Replace the coaching and let the talent win.

• Like (+1) 3

I think there might have been something specifically off with him tonight as people seemed to note him coming off at times that was unusual but I don't know about an actual drop-off this year, there was the midseason offensive collapse in which everything was awful and the Jets game where things picked up but he had some drops early and was like before heavily covered and game planned for by the opposing defense.

Hopefully whatever was off with him today will be better through the bye and we'll see him and Allen clicking more with the offense that doesn't appear to be a fluke.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Has a great start to the year and a lot of those stats are from the first 5 games

He hasn’t been playing great football as of late, for his standards 

Let's not forget, we had Dorsey calling plays and was awful. Let's see what he does under Brady. But he has no separation issues. It's just typical people here. "Oh my God, he's 29 and had couple mediocre games under a bad offensive coordinator. He can't separate". It's an automatic assumption after a few bad games at that age of 29. He's fine. He has had a few drops. But no issues with separation