Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol they could point to the Pats and say they bet the Pats and the Bills let them run up 31 points and loss to them. My point? Division games are a different animal and usually very hard.  Heck the Pats 2 wins are to the Bills and Jets both teams are better than NE d the bills a hell lot better.. but division games are a toss up.. I mean the Giants bet Washington.. 

also you seem be a stat guy.. so you realize Allen throws more than most QBs this more INT. Be interesting see if the Bills stick with the run or go back to running it 12 times and throwing it 40 or more

I fully agree with your post, division games are much more unpredictable for sure.  That's what is expected obviously since being so familiar with one another...

Regarding the statement in bold....Knowing they have done some dumb stuff some this year, I don't think (at least I hope) there is a level of stupidity quite that high and don't see any reason they don't stick with keeping a balanced attack with the success they've shown running the ball.

I have been surprised before though lol

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

But if our starting nickel is out, it hurts us big time. There's a big dropoff from Taron Johnson to Siran Neal or Cam Lewis. And if Dane Jackson misses the game, then the Bills are one injury away from 35 year old Josh Norman lining up against AJ Brown or Devonta Smith.

Here's hoping our secondary can get right in time for this matchup. We're gonna need every one of them.

Honestly, I'm not sure the dropoff is as big as in years past. Taron has made some plays, sure. He's also given up quite a bit more than usual this year. When Neal and Lewis have been in they have actually played pretty solid.

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This comment is why just throwing stats out there without context is misleading.  It's also why I hated Josh actually throwing up that Hail Mary last game.  Yes he threw a pick last game, so people like you are going to run with "well he has an int for 6 straight games" but come on....if he doesn't throw that Hail Mary the streak is over.  

Also though, why would Josh throw that ball?  I know it's just a stat, but I hated he threw that ball BECAUSE of comments like this.  I think him not throwing that ball, having him go a half/whole game without a turnover would be much better for his psyche than a useless Hail Mary attempt. Perhaps call the Hail Mary in the huddle, but as soon as that play broke down, just run 10-15 yards and call it a half

True the streak would have ended! Then it be 6 of the last 8 games with at least 1 pic. As I mentioned elsewhere in all but 1 loss the team has been very throw heavy, with the running backs getting less than 20 touches. Seeing as how none of the games were blow outs that seems odd and a bad stat to have.I think the worst was only 8 times against Denver and they were running it well those 8 times. 

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

But if our starting nickel is out, it hurts us big time. There's a big dropoff from Taron Johnson to Siran Neal or Cam Lewis. And if Dane Jackson misses the game, then the Bills are one injury away from 35 year old Josh Norman lining up against AJ Brown or Devonta Smith.

Here's hoping our secondary can get right in time for this matchup. We're gonna need every one of them.

For sure, but you asked if we have any CBs and we do. the Jets beat them without Sauce.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I disagree too.   But why be mean about it?

We’re all long suffering Bills fans.   The Bills mafia is a ‘band of brothers’ (and sisters!).  

That guy may be long-suffering, but he's not a Bills fan.

Hurts doesn't scare me as I don't think he is that good of a QB, he is a great runner surrounded by really good players and a great coaching staff, actual QB play, meh! our QB is way way better.

My opinion is Phillys coaching staff is the best in the league and that is where I worry about losing the game. They consistantly put their players in position to win and they don't lose games, their opponents have to beat them because they aren't going to beat themselves.

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

Allen’s scrambles will have to pay off against that DL.  He makes some big plays we can win.  He dauntless or throws a pick, we lose.  

they will probably run down our throats but, that may not lead to tons of points.  We could win if we have the ball last.

I still think we’ll loose tho

I think we'll be loose too.

Bills 31-23

• Haha (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, I'm not sure the dropoff is as big as in years past. Taron has made some plays, sure. He's also given up quite a bit more than usual this year. When Neal and Lewis have been in they have actually played pretty solid.

I agree. I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I think Taron is having a tough year for his standards.

I get he gets asked to do a lot.

But it seems like he’s given up a lot, especially in key situations 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing about this matchup makes me feel like the Bills have a chance. And I’m not even sure crazier things have happened.

Crazier things haven’t happened then a talented 6-5 team beating a talented 9-1 team??! Sooo when the very lucky to be 4-6 jets beat the eagles that must of knocked you out for weeks. 

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Eagles can run the ball. Swift is a good back with shaky moves. If our D can contain their running attack and force Hurts to throw more - we will be in good shape. Our O can score on their D. They don't have a great pass D/secondary. This will be a great game! GO BILLS!! Do your thing. we're BAAAAACCKKKK!

thats the one big worry I have for this game as the Bills as a whole must be the worst tackling team in the league..Gilliam excepted..grade A+ hit in that last game

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't know about all that, not sure if he's "givin up" an extra amount of completed passes to call it quite a bit more? But he has "givin up" some DPI more than usual

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We MAY get them at the right time.   They are 9-1 coming off a big win in KC.   Hopefully they decide to take the week off.                

They play 49ers after Bills, so that would be nice.

This COULD be a clash of the conference's 2 top seeds.  I look back on our losses - most are ridiculous.

And if this Bills team comes out and goes 30+ against the Eagles, I'll be pretty persuaded that our previous OC was holding this team back.  I can see that, also - I don't know what to expect this game, but a 2+ score win for Buffalo wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Not disrespecting Philly, but we're catching them at a good time, and I think we match up well.

39 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I don't know about all that, not sure if he's "givin up" an extra amount of completed passes to call it quite a bit more? But he has "givin up" some DPI more than usual

Well, we agree on the penalties. And as you say, you're not sure and don't know about the receptions, however he's given up more than normal this year. He's still top half of slot CBs in the league, but I don't think Neal and especially Lewis are the dropoffs the may have been in years past 

Schoop on wgr which I was only listening to because I was going to drs appointment…. 

“this is the toughest game the Bills have played since Super Bowl 28. The Eagles really intimidate me”

I don’t think so schoop. 

im more worried about KC defense honestly. They cover well and their pass rush is beast. Philly has los passes and rush push. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

First Thing's First had a good point about the Eagles a couple weeks ago.

The Eagles defense finds a way to make all opposing QBs look like Jalen Hurts statistically. They put up a diagram showing Hurts' stats, then showed the average stats for opposing QBs when playing Philly, and they looked almost identical.

The Bills offense SHOULD be able to produce against this group. As always, limiting turnovers will be the biggest factor. The Jets game broke a 6 week stretch & finally had a positive turnover margin. If they can continue that vs Philly, it'll be a good game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

So much remains unknown with that.

We don't know if Hyde, Rapp, Johnson, or Jackson will play.

Hyde and Johnson would be the biggest losses, of course, but missing any of them will hurt a bit.

Who is left for secondary?

Poyer, Benford, Damar, Siran, theUB practice squad CB, who else?

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who is left for secondary?

Poyer, Benford, Damar, Siran, theUB practice squad CB, who else?

Douglas I feel will be fine and Hyde imo is the most likely to play (between those other 3 lost in Jets game) and Rapp I think you can go ahead and count him out.

So hope at least 1 of the 3 can play (prefer Johnson), it won't be so bad and still could be possible both he and Jackson can go. 

The Bills are their own worst enemies in close games against ANYONE.

They change that Sunday in Philly and they will have a W. 

But until they change that, we will continue to be tremendously disappointed in this team. 

The time has come for the Bills to get out of their own way as they approach the murderer's row of their schedule. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The “Eagles so scary” crowd are simply going off their record and how they looked last year. 

Well, lots of people thought we didn't stand a chance against the Bengals and they were right. Eagles will be tough, but I think we're getting them at a good time. Coming off a big win against kc, could catch them sleeping a little bit 

Edited by Steptide
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Having watched the Eagles Chiefs game last night, this seems like a game that if Josh is playing like he is capable, this is a very winnable game

I have family coming from Philly for thanksgiving and I know they are going to talk trash all week. Would love to have him shut up on Sunday night 

Get that "Humble Pie" ready for your family's dessert.

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing about this matchup makes me feel like the Bills have a chance. And I’m not even sure crazier things have happened.

Turbo Lax is your friend!

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Well, lots of people thought we didn't stand a chance against the Bengals and they were right. Eagles will be tough, but I think we're getting them at a good time. Coming off a big win against kc, could catch them sleeping a little bit 

Didn't stand a chance?  They lost by 6, come on now

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Eagles are somewhat vulnerable yet they know what they're good at and they execute.  We absolutely have to get out and score early. Continue building confidence back into Josh.  Just like last week don't obsess with Diggs. Spread the ball all around and use Cook aggressively as a runner and receiver.  No more hail marys unless it's the last play.  Hopefully Murray, Johnson & Fournette get a few touches. No more predictability....use everyone.  

Defensively just keep battling.  Pressure Hurts and save enough in the tank for a 4th quarter stop.

1 hour ago, Punch said:

"I'm not even sure crazier things have happened", GTFOH. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board in 15 years, and there's been heavy competition.

Haha yea I don’t think he even believes that…we just saw the broncos murder the chiefs not too long ago and the jets beat the eagles 

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Those same people said cincy was an unstoppable machine that was gonna get hot like they do every year and roll to the afc championship and they were completely wrong lol we had a bad game against cincy but they were extremely beatable 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Schoop on wgr which I was only listening to because I was going to drs appointment…. 

“this is the toughest game the Bills have played since Super Bowl 28. The Eagles really intimidate me”

I don’t think so schoop. 

im more worried about KC defense honestly. They cover well and their pass rush is beast. Philly has los passes and rush push. 

That's extreme.  Philly is a great team, and they're also overrated.  Both things can be true.

The Bills - when they play their game - are on Philly's level.  We can compete w/ anyone.  And we're catching them at a perfect time.

I won't consider it some big upset if we get the W.

EDIT:  Schoop's comment is extreme - not your post.

Edited by Success
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This would be a top 3 regular season McDermott era bills win. Not impossible but man we are going to have to be all the way on. No way we get a cheap one against these guys. And the Refs are going to be brutal down there.

This may sound wierd (conspiracy) but at 9-1 I think the refs will be less likely to give Philly favorable calls. With all the qbs going down,  the NFL wants as many big name (market) qbs going into the playoffs.  It wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple calls we don't normally get.  The Eagles can easily absorb an L.  We cant....who wouldn't want Mahomes,  Allen, Lamar & Lawrence as your AFC Final 4?  Just a gut feeling??

We seemed to play more 3 LB sets against the Jets. That was a beautiful sight to see. Our LBs are fast enough to cover and this helped against the run so much. Theres no need to constantly be in nickel. I hope this is the plan against the Eagles. I’ll take my chances with our guys on the outside but I do not want Philly to run it down our throats. If they can get us on skates with the run, we are dead. I’m cool with making hurts beat us through the air. I’ll take my chances.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This may sound wierd (conspiracy) but at 9-1 I think the refs will be less likely to give Philly favorable calls. With all the qbs going down,  the NFL wants as many big name (market) qbs going into the playoffs.  It wouldn't surprise me if we get a couple calls we don't normally get.  The Eagles can easily absorb an L.  We cant....who wouldn't want Mahomes,  Allen, Lamar & Lawrence as your AFC Final 4?  Just a gut feeling??

I would be very surprised. I think we will get completely screwed the next 2 games with calls. Better be almost perfect because we are going to get no favors in either of these dumps

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We seemed to play more 3 LB sets against the Jets. That was a beautiful sight to see. Our LBs are fast enough to cover and this helped against the run so much. Theres no need to constantly be in nickel. I hope this is the plan against the Eagles. I’ll take my chances with our guys on the outside but I do not want Philly to run it down our throats. If they can get us on skates with the run, we are dead. I’m cool with making hurts beat us through the air. I’ll take my chances.

Hopefully, whatever way they decide to play D it will be by choice and not forced due to injuries. Unfortunately, I think it will be the latter. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.