Singletary & Moss both look much better on new teams

Chicagobills

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

Yup, and  it took Houston  a little too long to realize what they have in Singletarry--their starter, a workhorse, one of the best running backs in the league at protecting the quarterback, a team player, never complaining, and someone who gets better and better the more you feed him the ball

And he is always available.

Now, watch to see if Houston is smart enough to let Motor run and run, providing Houston with a missing element of the offense, just like he did so well with the Bills in the middle of the 2021 season.  The Bills became the best rushing team in the league during that stretch, propelling the entire offense, and Josh Allen, to their best play ever, championship caliber.

If Dorsey was not as incompetent as he is, he would have ridden Motor last year and not let him go this year.

Ridden him to what? We were 2nd in the league in scoring last season in points per game. Also, do you really think it was Dorsey who let him go? 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Actually yes it is absolutely absurd. Singletary wouldn’t be playing in Buffalo anyway. He was a free agent and no matter how well he had played here he was gone.
Moss rushed 1 time for 2 yards last week-am I supposed to be impressed by that? He had a couple of good games, but in half of their games his ypc has been under 4. I’ll say it again, complete Isaiah Hodgins syndrome-have a decent game or 2 and somehow that means Buffalo clearly screwed up 

Have I said anything about keeping either?

Maybe that's your disconnect. I'm merely pointing out that they are playing well on new teams. And Moss has played lights out on his new team. It's convenient you point out Moss' stats after JT came back and hes getting a single rush versus addressing the season of stats I pointed out he has. 

Edited by Herc11

17 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Have I said anything about keeping either?

Maybe that's your disconnect. I'm merely pointing out that they are playing well on new teams. And Moss has played lights out on his new team. It's convenient you point out Moss' stats after JT came back and hes getting a single rush versus addressing the season of stats I pointed out he has. 

There’s no disconnect at all. I am intentionally pointing out his stats since Taylor came back. Why isn’t he playing more if he is playing so well? Singletary has now had 2 good games this season, why are you celebrating that? 

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

There’s no disconnect at all. I am intentionally pointing out his stats since Taylor came back. Why isn’t he playing more if he is playing so well? Singletary has now had 2 good games this season, why are you celebrating that? 

Cause it's Jonathan Taylor? Are you serious right now? There's not many RBs you would start over JT.

And once again, Singletary was backing up Pierce. You fail to comprehend this 

You've seriously discredited yourself with your argument. Have a good one.

Edited by Herc11

3 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Cause it's Jonathan Taylor? Are you serious right now? There's not many RBs you would start over JT.

And once again, Singletary was backing up Pierce. You fail to comprehend this 

You've seriously discredited yourself with your argument. Have a good one.

Wait I have lost any credit? There’s nothing you are saying that I don’t comprehend. You literally just admitted that both guys are BACK UPS! Add to that, neither one is going to start on most teams in the league. So explain to me what you have said that should make me think the Bills are missing them or they were misused here. Why, because Moss (finally) had a couple of 100 yard games? Singletary was also good for 1 or 2 100 yard games a season here as well. You’re the one that’s not having any comprehension here. We’re done here. Enjoy the game 

3 hours ago, Real McClappy said:

When you feed them 20+ carries both look like the real deal. Prob in Buffalo was utilization or stats could have been similar. 

This is exactly why, 22 carries today for Singletary and 112 yards, 1 TD. 

The Bills rarely give an RB that many attempts in a game and when they did the RBs did well. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This is exactly why, 22 carries today for Singletary and 112 yards, 1 TD. 

The Bills rarely give an RB that many attempts in a game and when they did the RBs did well. 

Exactly. The Bills keep running with the RB by committee approach which rarely gives a RB the reps to get into a rythym. They also routinely abandon the run to early. 

Their success is in large part to their teams ability to design a real running game. Something the Bills have lacked since Shady.

After years of research (watching every Bills game)   I have decided that the Bills are in dire need of offensive production.  That means adding real Wrs.  Keep boosting the line, keep the Rb stable fresh, and keep Josh Allen Alive.  I'm seriously sick of the defensive investments and the total disrespect to Josh Allen to keep doing it to this day.  It's 2023, you have Josh Allen, yet you still prefer to spend our best draft picks and fa,cap money on defense because you all suck at drafting!   Go f yourself.  Get Josh Allen some real fcking weapons or stfu

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re basing this off what? 1 and a half games? Singletary’s done next to nothing all year before last week. 

Presumably because Pierce had been starting.  Not sure whether he's injured or why he's not playing, but Singletary's playing better than Pierce either way.  

And in his two starts he's gone nuts.  What, averaging 131 and 1 TD/game.  Even as a backup he's outperformed Pierce.  

I don't care, just pointing it out.  

4 hours ago, Process said:

RB production is 90% scheme and blocking 

So coaching essentially?  

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Pierce (?) is an extremely underrated back … at least he was.  Singletary being behind him is not a slight on him 

It is Pierce my bad on the spelling - he is good as a 3rd rounder (which is where RBs probably should be taken.) so it’s no big slight on Motor but I was just responding to the OP who probably has seen only his last two games and commenting off that.

20 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Cook looks pretty dang good too. 

Agreed, and it's not just Cook. Murray has ripped off some good runs too. Every RB looks better with an improved O-line.

But regardless of the line, Cook looks better than Moss or Singletary on their new teams.

Imo, neither Dabs nor Dorsey were particularly good at integrating the run game into their offenses while here, although Dabs was slightly better at it…, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I commented elsewhere in this thread that up until the last two weeks, Singletary had averaged a total of 27 rushing yards per game as a Texan. Awesome for him that he is helping Houston win and being productive. Same goes for Zack Moss, he's had opportunities in Indy and has taken advantage. 

But... for the record... James Cook leads the both of them in total rushing yards. He has 688, Moss has 617, Singletary has 471. He also has more receptions and more receiving yards.

I don't recall Singletary ever missing a game w Buffalo due to injury. And now he's stepped up full time for the injured Dameon Pierce.  Not only is Devin Singletary good, he might be the most durable running back ever, which should not be overlooked.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.