Bills vs Jets 4:25 PM Nov. 19 Lets move on.

Chaos

19 minutes ago, bills742 said:

how often do players have full practice and get a questionable designation?

7 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Maybe someone mentioned already, but Sal on WGR this AM was touting how this time the Bills get to game plan for Zach Wilson all week instead of planning for Rodgers then getting Wilson in game 1. He was serious about this. I almost crashed my car. 

There is something to this in some situations. A lot of times a QB comes in for an injured guy and looks better than he is because nobody prepared for it and don't know the tendencies.  In this case its a guy we have seen before in our own division so I don't think that applies.

Heading up to the game from VA.  Haven't been to a 4:25 game in Buffalo in a long long time - any idea when the majority of parking lots open and should I add time to the trip to the stadium due to new stadium construction?  Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah sure, but he specifically mentioned Z f’in Wilson replacing future HoFer Aaron Rodgers. C’mon. Also we all saw the game, Z Wilson didn’t beat the Bills, they beat themselves with turnovers and special teams blunders.

His thesis was that Josh came out slinging cause he game planned to go against Rodgers but couldn’t bottle it back up once Wilson came in. Maybe!?! If true then Josh has maturity and/or leadership issues because he should be able to adjust quickly let alone within 3 hours of a game.

Edited by Best Williams Available

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

Yeah sure but he specifically mentioned Z f’in Wilson replacing future HoFer Aaron Rodgers. C’mon. Also we all saw the game, Z Wilson didn’t beat the Bills, they beat themselves with turnovers and special teams blunders. So I don’t understand any of his explanation as it wasn’t the D that blew that game.

Which is why I said it doesn't really apply in this case.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Maybe someone mentioned already, but Sal on WGR this AM was touting how this time the Bills get to game plan for Zach Wilson all week instead of planning for Rodgers then getting Wilson in game 1. He was serious about this. I almost crashed my car. 

Lol, yeah I can't see how he could think this...I mean if it was 1st time Bills played against Wilson it would make lil sense somewhat. But Bills have faced Wilson a few times and familiar enough with him to where it's shouldn't be a problem

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Which is why I said it doesn't really apply in this case.

Sorry I edited cause I was remembering his reasoning.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Lol, yeah I can't see how he could think this...I mean if it was 1st time Bills played against Wilson it would make lil sense somewhat. But Bills have faced Wilson a few times and familiar enough with him to where it's shouldn't be a problem

He was trying to invent an excuse for the Bills it appeared to me. No pushback from morning AM guys.

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm the new Buffalo OC I look at past history and stats. Then attempt to get that Bills rush game going anyway, anyhow. Toss sweeps, end around, miss direction plays along with anything to wear that Jets front defense out. Limit the passing plays to high-percentage pass plays that help Josh's confidence going forward. 

With that Buffalo run game working it help keep the defense off the field and not gassed in the 4th quarter. Try to get Shakir in the slot to move the chains when needed like da Bease. 

Let Josh run if needed as it will kill those Jet's defenders.

I really, really want to see Buffalo destroy this crappy Jets team. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hey I know this is random but figured would post in a place it won't hijack thread.

My buddy is a lifelong Eagles fan from NC. Never been to the Linc, was telling him some Bills Backer Bar stories and his mind was blown! 

Tried finding Eagles Backer Bars, but I dunno what it's called for them lol anybody know if one exists or what's its called

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

If I'm the new Buffalo OC I look at past history and stats. Then attempt to get that Bills rush game going anyway, anyhow. Toss sweeps, end around, miss direction plays along with anything to wear that Jets front defense out. Limit the passing plays to high-percentage pass plays that help Josh's confidence going forward. 

With that Buffalo run game working it help keep the defense off the field and not gassed in the 4th quarter. Try to get Shakir in the slot to move the chains when needed like da Bease. 

Let Josh run if needed as it will kill those Jet's defenders.

I really, really want to see Buffalo destroy this crappy Jets team. 

Josh is over 70% pass completion percentage. Clearly he is already throwing high percentage passing plays.  His confidence is fine. 

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hey I know this is random but figured would post in a place it won't hijack thread.

My buddy is a lifelong Eagles fan from NC. Never been to the Linc, was telling him some Bills Backer Bar stories and his mind was blown! 

Tried finding Eagles Backer Bars, but I dunno what it's called for them lol anybody know if one exists or what's its called

http://www.teambarfinder.com/philadelphia-eagles-bars/

Edited by Chaos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Please they lost to them last year and gave him easy completions.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

Heading up to the game from VA.  Haven't been to a 4:25 game in Buffalo in a long long time - any idea when the majority of parking lots open and should I add time to the trip to the stadium due to new stadium construction?  Thanks in advance.

Stadium lots should open 12/1230

Private lots probably as early as 8am

Traffic will start to be bad around the same time stadium lots open

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I see another turnover fest for our offense.  Jets will drop 7 in coverage all day and Allen will throw some stupid passes 

I agree. And if the Jets D doesn't turn those into TD's it's unlikely their offense will. So I guess what I'm saying is, why the F is this a 4PM game?

10 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Maybe someone mentioned already, but Sal on WGR this AM was touting how this time the Bills get to game plan for Zach Wilson

Sal’s dementia. Loss was not due to game planning vs legendary ZachAttack.
something to do with Josh heaving a brown pigskin into green jerseys. Me so smart. 

2 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Can we bring back the jet sweep with those fast WR we heard were gonna change the game  for us. 

I almost miss McKenzie 

15 hours ago, extrahammer said:

Too much negativity these days. Things are still more positive than 2001-2018. You know what's ironic about most of Josh's haters in the media? They never played football. 

The stage is set. Mahomes, Saleh, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Chris Jones, and the list goes on, they all know Josh is an elite QB and many have reiterated that this week. Pressure makes diamonds. The stage is set for Josh to play the best game of his career. 

My serious prediction: Josh throws for 6 TD's, runs for 1 TD, and zero interceptions. Will be beautiful fall weather for a great kickoff time.

Go Bills!

SP-DAB_Viacom_SouthPark_GalleryWrappedCanvas_AllSizes_Image01_1024x1024.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billiam93 said:

The Jets are a tough draw for Brady’s first game as OC. I am also interested to see what Josh Allen’s mental state looks like. I hope there are no lingering demons from his week 1 nightmare vs them.

A tough draw, yes. But that works both ways. If the offense performs well--especially really well--against arguably the best defense in the league, the game could be a turning point for the season. It would be a statement. And if they beat the Eagles the following week, they go into the bye as the dark horse to go all the way. Dorsey would be the sacrificial lamb for this scenario. 

Or they could lose out, except maybe a close one or two, and Dorsey is vindicated. McDermott is fired, and the team regroups with a new coach. 

I know which scenario I prefer. Sorry, Ken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, finn said:

A tough draw, yes. But that works both ways. If the offense performs well--especially really well--against arguably the best defense in the league, the game could be a turning point for the season. It would be a statement. And if they beat the Eagles the following week, they go into the bye as the dark horse to go all the way. Dorsey would be the sacrificial lamb for this scenario. 

Or they could lose out, except maybe a close one or two, and Dorsey is vindicated. McDermott is fired, and the team regroups with a new coach. 

I know which scenario I prefer. Sorry, Ken. 

Can you really call Dorsey a "sacrificial lamb" if the offense does end up turning it around because he's no longer the OC?

To me that sounds more like they found "the root of the problem".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can you really call Dorsey a "sacrificial lamb" if the offense does end up turning it around because he's no longer the OC?

Just practicing empathy, man. Can you imagine if the world concludes you and only you were holding back a Super Bowl team? 

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Imo, Dorsey was the figurehead of the issue. “The root of the problem” is lack of talent at the wideout position, Diggs excepted. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Billiam93 said:

The Jets are a tough draw for Brady’s first game as OC. I am also interested to see what Josh Allen’s mental state looks like. I hope there are no lingering demons from his week 1 nightmare vs them.

Here's a way to look at it.

Back when I was a bit you ger I played baseball. Was a pretty good hitter. There was this one kid, man we faced him a few times a year and I could NOT even make contact. Nasty curveball. At one point I was something like 0 for 30 against him. I was lucky when I could foul a pitch off against him. 

My senior year he pitch against us our first game. I had a lucky contact bloop single in my first at bat. Doubled off the wall my second time up. Next time we played him, went yard twice against him and the flood gates were open. Don't think he got me out all season.

I do get that it's different sports but the sentiment correlates. Sometimes there's just a block. And once you get over that block it's off to the races. If...and yes it's a big if...Joe Brady can help Allen overcome the way he's played vs the Jets lately it could be a HUGE day for him and lead the offense to have new confidence the rest of the year. 

Allen has wrecked Saleh's defense in the past. He can do it again. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Imo, Dorsey was the figurehead of the issue. “The root of the problem” is lack of talent at the wideout position, Diggs excepted. 

But that's kind of my point in saying if the offense does turn it around even with the lack of talent at WR.  Brown and Beasley didn't exactly knock anyone back when they were signed but ended up having their most productive years in this same offense so something schematically changed enough that players aren't able to get open anymore except Diggs anyways.

13 minutes ago, finn said:

Just practicing empathy, man. Can you imagine if the world concludes you and only you were holding back a Super Bowl team? 

That was kind of the opinion of most people even when they were winning earlier on in the season (see every 3rd and 1 shotgun run).  Kind of hard to not hold it against him (or at least someone) for taking a dual threat QB and turning him into what Josh has looked like the past 6 weeks.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

When did this become a qualifier? Most of the people who criticize anyone haven't done that thing. Most of the people who criticize my field haven't done it. Most people who criticize the President haven't been President. Does that mean we can't assess whether or not they are doing a good job? Certainly doesn't seem to stop anyone. Media or not.

I know I hang on Cris Collinsworth and Tony Romo's every word. They played football after all.

And if it's Dorsey they need to fire the offensive quality control people too because self scouting is their job. If the league figured out the offense they should be seeing it. But then again what do I know about football.

I also tend to agree with Dan, I think there have been a decent amount of batted passes by our own WRs that turned into INTs. Not mentioning Josh's highest completion % season ever so far. But moreover, even though my post wasn't serious, I didn't say non-experienced people couldn't analyze or opine on things, I'm just pointing out that not many former players are haters of his, most of them are non-players, and I put more weight into analysis from folks who have the closest, most relevant experience. From a higher level pov, I'm pointing out how many people will just buy into a narrative without stopping and thinking. 

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

But that's kind of my point in saying if the offense does turn it around even with the lack of talent at WR.  Brown and Beasley didn't exactly knock anyone back when they were signed but ended up having their most productive years in this same offense so something schematically changed enough that players aren't able to get open anymore except Diggs anyways.

That was kind of the opinion of most people even when they were winning earlier on in the season (see every 3rd and 1 shotgun run).  Kind of hard to not hold it against him (or at least someone) for taking a dual threat QB and turning him into what Josh has looked like the past 6 weeks.

I agree, although we lack WR talent, it’s difficult to excuse the way this offense sputtered against the Giants and Broncos. Davis is a liability as the number two, but with Allen at QB the offense should be functional at the very least. Lack of WR depth might have kept us from bringing home a title, instead it might keep us out of the playoffs. That’s too great of a failure, even without decent WR depth. Plenty of teams would love the luxury of Diggs and Kincaid on their roster. We’ve also failed at creating defined roles for Shakir, Hardy, and Sherfield. The two offseason signings were a waste at this point. The wide receiver room needs to be improved, but there’s no excuse for this offense looking like a Trent Edwards team. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I see another turnover fest for our offense.  Jets will drop 7 in coverage all day and Allen will throw some stupid passes 

I think if there is ever a game where Josh doesn’t force any passes this will be it. I expect a boring victory but the W is all that matters. 

14 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Sal is a gaslighter. Please Sal tell us how we're all dumb. I'm sorry, but if I've put together a plan to beat Rogers, im pretty sure Wilson wouldn't be an issue. The problem was the offense sucked not the defense Sal. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

But what if the root of the holding back an explosive offense was restricting Josh;s running.  What if it had been a calculated team decision to increase the odds of Josh lasting the season and to increase the length of his career.

If this is a reversal of a team decision because of desperation and timing there does seem to be a "sacrificial" element to it as it relates to Dorsey.  I always thought the plan may have been to keep Josh under wraps until the playoffs.  Circumstances/record make it such that we can't wait.

Now Brady gets to encourage Josh to run.  The Bills get some wins and Josh gets happy, involved, motivated.  I hope it happens, just doesn't mean Dorsey was "the root of the problem".

42 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Sal is a gaslighter. Please Sal tell us how we're all dumb. I'm sorry, but if I've put together a plan to beat Rogers, im pretty sure Wilson wouldn't be an issue. The problem was the offense sucked not the defense Sal. 

I heard the discussion on air and while it was a reach, I took it that Sal was just looking for something positive to say about the upcoming game.  Jeremy and Joe probably rolled their eyes, but it was so ridiculous it wasn’t worth contesting the point. 

I don’t think Sal was gaslighting or saying the defense lost the game. But, given how Wilson has played, it is frustrating he was able to score on the defense when it was at full strength. Bills should have had a shutout. 

Dream Week... (in my order of importance)

• Bills win (ideally in convincing, confidence-building fashion)
  • LV > Mia
  • Ariz > Hou
  • GB > LAC
  • Philly > KC
  • Tenn > Jax
  • Pitt > Cle (if someone has to win)
  • Minn > Den

At least give me the top bullet and 1 of the next 2. Any additional would be gravy.

Edited by BuffaloBillies
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But what if the root of the holding back an explosive offense was restricting Josh;s running.  What if it had been a calculated team decision to increase the odds of Josh lasting the season and to increase the length of his career.

If this is a reversal of a team decision because of desperation and timing there does seem to be a "sacrificial" element to it as it relates to Dorsey.  I always thought the plan may have been to keep Josh under wraps until the playoffs.  Circumstances/record make it such that we can't wait.

Now Brady gets to encourage Josh to run.  The Bills get some wins and Josh gets happy, involved, motivated.  I hope it happens, just doesn't mean Dorsey was "the root of the problem".

I believe holding Josh back from running is definitely a part of the problem for sure.  That was a collective agreement it would seem between McD, Dorsey and probably to a lesser extent, Allen.

I think the thing we are all going to be looking to see is if it looks like the same offensive scheme/play calling that we have been seeing for the past 6 weeks.  Simplified, dumbed down concepts with little to no creativity.  By no means do I think that Brady is going to be able to change that on a short week but we might see a flash of something here or there.  That's where I feel like Dorsey could be the root of the problem and not just the running.

If it turns out all they had to do was let Josh run and the scheme/play calling look the same, then yes, I absolutely agree that he was "sacrificed" as a result of their own decisions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.