Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

Did anyone not see that ending coming. First loss in a very long time I’m not even that upset. I’m just numb now. As soon as Josh scored, my gut said they’ll lose on a FG as time expires. The very first play by Denver is the RB leak out that torch him all night. The second blitz was just idiotic and play into Denver’s hand.

McDermott needs to go. Great guy but just continues to choke under pressure. The Bills have gone from one of the most dynamic offenses to a hot mess. Every unit is far too inconsistent. And under his leadership they continue to find new ways to lose. I think 8-9 is a realistic possibility with a 3rd place finish in the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is in our top 10 worst losses ever.  And probably top 5 in regular season. It’s as bad as losing to the Steelers backups when playoffs are on the line.  Or Earnest Wilford. Or that horrible Monday night game where Tony romo threw like 14 interceptions and we still lost by allowing 21 points in the last 30 seconds. 

this is one that rivals those.  13 seconds. 12 men on the field. 4 Super Bowl losses. Wide Right. 

unbelieveable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Cook fumbles...3 points Denver...difference in the game.

Gabe Davis lets a ball go through his hands for an INT deep in Denver territory...3 or 7 points...difference in the game.

Josh Allen throws a stupid pass before the half ends. Denver scores 3....difference in the game.

Josh can't hand the ball off to Cook and drops it when the Bills seem to  be gaining momentum....possible points off the board. possible difference in the game.

Taron Johnson doesn't turn around....difference in the game.

Bills have for some damned unknown reason (coaching) 12 men on the field and Denver misses a FG and we should have won...difference in the game.

Stupidity is a hallmark of this team frankly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

“12 men on the field” is the new “13 seconds”. Who do we blame?

- Offense that is out of sorts and turns the ball over

- Defense that can never make a clutch stop.

- Special teams that gives up huge returns all game.

- Coaching that won’t run when it is working all game, and can’t get the right number of players on the field?

I think calling an all out blitz TWO TIMES in a row was just as bad as 12 men on the field.  What the hell was McD thinking? After the 1st sack Payton & Wilson had a TO to talk over how they would beat that blitz should McD be stupid enough to run it again.  You had Denver in 3rd & 10 out of FG range.  Again in a tight situation this head coach fails.

He must go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, JimBob2232 said:

This is in our top 10 worst losses ever.  And probably top 5 in regular season. It’s as bad as losing to the Steelers backups when playoffs are on the line.  Or Earnest Wilford. Or that horrible Monday night game where Tony romo threw like 14 interceptions and we still lost by allowing 21 points in the last 30 seconds. 

this is one that rivals those.  13 seconds. 12 men on the field. 4 Super Bowl losses. Wide Right. 

unbelieveable. 

I’d rather be cursed than a bills fan 

This is a fireable offense tonight. I still can’t believe what just happened. But I can being a bills fan for over 50 years. NO EXCUSE. Where is the oversight. And how can we play so poorly overall vs a bad team. And At home no less!!!  I hate what Troy Aikman  said at the end of the game that the Bills deserved to lose tonight. But he is right. I am so sad right now ☹️👎😭. The season is over !!!!!

The wheels have completely fallen off.  My points:

Josh is 27. He needs a mentor. Hire someone who can mentor him. 

McDermott has lost his mojo. Fire his ass. Fire everyone's ass. There are one thousand coaches who would give their left arm for a chance to coach Josh Allen.

That was one of the worst losses I've ever seen in my 40 years watching the team. Second only to the Leodis McKelvin fumble. 

This reminds me of the loss to the Broncos in the home opener in 07. It was 07, right? The last second field goal. That was also gut wrenching.

(That was Marshawn Lynch's debut. He was the best player on the field, and they still lost. Bills had Lynch and couldn't leverage him to win.

Coaching again...)

• Agree 1

The season is over as far as the playoffs go. We now have a  pretty tough schedule to deal with, & we’re barely focused now.  This team has the potential to really implode over the next several weeks.  It’s gonna get a lot uglier.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

what is this *****?  Please tell me this guy isn't going to make vague comments now on twitter that the media will eat up.

maybe he should go play with his brother who cost dallas the playoff game last year in SF because he did not want to tackle if he is unhappy.  

after I fired the staff if i ran this team I would take offers for this guy.  

just insane he would make a comment on social media after this kind of loss

Yeah, his brother is obnoxious and an instigator.

• Agree 1

BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! BILLSY! 

Fire the Clapper & that challenged fool Dorsey! 

Seriously evaluate whether Beanie Boy can pick Offensive assets! 

This is a tire fire of mediocrity who will miss the Playoffs because of all of these eedgit terrible decisions- in game, pre game, EVERY game! 

I've been shaking my head at the people who kept saying we should have promoted Daboll and walked away from McD, but this loss cements it, frankly.

I'm still in disbelief even though I called it as soon as we scored with ~2 minutes left.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I think calling an all out blitz TWO TIMES in a row was just as bad as 12 men on the field.  What the hell was McD thinking? After the 1st sack Payton & Wilson had a TO to talk over how they would beat that blitz should McD be stupid enough to run it again.  You had Denver in 3rd & 10 out of FG range.  Again in a tight situation this head coach fails.

He must go.

they flashed to him right before than snap and my wife says McDermott was clearly flustered  He looked downright frightened  Then doubles down with 12 guys on a fg attempt  No coming back from this  Its like walking in on your wife with the milkman the ups driver and your best buddy at the same time 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Nate on the postgame mentioning how this is making him hate watching football.

They have been miserable to watch since the Green Bay game.

They have been completely unenjoyable for the past 20 games, minus maybe 2. hard to believe some people are still bought in at this point. im sure the rest will jump ship after tonight

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

unbelieveable. 

haha. Not even close. I can probably come up with 15 worse losses off the top of my head.

Defensive head coach sucks a$$.  How many games to they take the lead late and can’t hold with under two minutes? it’s sickening.  Only the Bills and chargers constantly lose games that they appear to win.  How about Mac Jones game too

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I’m just so focused coach.
on timeout then 12 men, game won. So basic. count to 11? How does your kick d not have 11 package set?  It’s HS 101

McD has totally lost me and maybe the team on that one. It’s too overtly dumb ass. 

One coach had his field goal unit ready, the other didn't

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.