Bills held players only meeting this week (For real this time)

BuffaloBillyG

Unless it was almost completely focused on how they  as players can take over the offense, or how they can initiate the key change needed, then they are just spinning their wheels again.

Did someone have the courage to say what is really happening, I wonder, but think probably not.

Diggs?

Morse?

Dawkins?

• Agree 1

My ideal meeting: 

Murray: "Josh, you know how we come out flying every game in the first quarter?"

Allen: "Yeah, we go up tempo."

Murray: "Then we struggle til like last 8-10 minutes"

Allen: "Coach wants complimentary football"

Murray: "Your headset is going to break next game, so you'll have to call the plays"

Allen: "Huh?"

Murray: "Your headset broke and you can't hear Ken. Call the plays. Guys, let's catch the ball and ignore these clowns"

End of story

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The Bills were 5-2 (finished 6-10) in 2011.

The Bills were 5-1 (finished 7-9) in 2008.

Just goes to show there is are examples on both extremes.  Past success/failure does not predict future outcomes.

yes but we're talking about the buffalo bills here.

1 hour ago, jlgarsh said:

My ideal meeting: 

Murray: "Josh, you know how we come out flying every game in the first quarter?"

Allen: "Yeah, we go up tempo."

Murray: "Then we struggle til like last 8-10 minutes"

Allen: "Coach wants complimentary football"

Murray: "Your headset is going to break next game, so you'll have to call the plays"

Allen: "Huh?"

Murray: "Your headset broke and you can't hear Ken. Call the plays. Guys, let's catch the ball and ignore these clowns"

End of story

Weird report after the next game all of Josh's headsets seem to have broken throughout the game.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Am I the only that sees this as the bills are about to get cake walked by the Russell Wilson led bronco's in prime time? 

Deep down I also think this is very possible. Broncos are riding high after demolishing the best team in the NFL (and the favorite to be first team to win back to back SB's since the Pats in 2003/2004) and have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

But hoping this players only stuff is a last ditch resort for this team to finally wake up and play a full 60 minute game. Need to start hot and jump on Broncos early to have a chance.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Deep down I also think this is very possible. Broncos are riding high after demolishing the best team in the NFL (and the favorite to be first team to win back to back SB's since the Pats in 2003/2004) and have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

But hoping this players only stuff is a last ditch resort for this team to finally wake up and play a full 60 minute game. Need to start hot and jump on Broncos early to have a chance.

I can't believe no one had said anything about Sean vs. Sean yet.

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I can't believe no one had said anything about Sean vs. Sean yet.

It's actually a pretty big storyline when you think about their history in the NFC South when McD was Panthers DC and Peyton Saints HC.

In fact the last time a Peyton coached team came to Buffalo it wasn't pretty if you remember the Saints demolishing this team in McD's first year here. I think they won something like 49-10.

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's actually a pretty big storyline when you think about their history in the NFC South when McD was Panthers DC and Peyton Saints HC.

In fact the last time a Peyton coached team came to Buffalo it wasn't pretty if you remember the Saints demolishing this team in McD's first year here. I think they won something like 49-10.

the streaker game!!!

48 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

That's what some fans don't get yet, Peyton knows McDermott and what he wants to do.  I don't see this being an easy game at all.  Plus Denver is hot, we aren't.  It could be ugly

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Does he REALLY have that much pull at this point??? I'd say no... the players have the pull now and will be doing the best job they can to keep others from quitting.

It’s the coaches job to get the players into the right position. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.