11/5/23 Week #9 SNF GAMEDAY Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The general theme on here is the Dolphins can't beat good teams. Hence, they aren't very good.  Correct? 

Just wondering why that theme doesn't apply to Buffalo this year. Scott, they haven't beaten anyone good. 

It's hypercritical of people to sling mud at the Dolphins when their record indicates similar results. 

The Miami thing stems back to last year.  Did we beat anyone good last year?  Miami is a good team.  There were many that think they are contenders. They haven't beaten a good team though.  Doesn't mean they can't.  Just means they haven't.

This is a Bills board full of Bills fans.  What do you care if people dog Miami or not?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he wasn’t even given an injury designation. He’s likely just getting treatment….

Unless he fell down a flight of stairs in the last hour, of course he is playing...

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Miami thing stems back to last year.  Did we beat anyone good last year?  Miami is a good team.  There were many that think they are contenders. They haven't beaten a good team though.  Doesn't mean they can't.  Just means they haven't.

This is a Bills board full of Bills fans.  What do you care if people dog Miami or not?

He loves Miami

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Well it’ll be the third game in a row (Joe was tearing us up last year in the Damar game) Joe would have outperformed Josh, so…..

Yeah. If josh is ultra efficient and scores on most drives, we should win even if our defense has a mediocre game. 

What is it with the weird memory lapses about the Hamlin game?  Burrow drove the Bengals for an easy TD.  Allen drove the Bills to a 1st & goal but they had to settle for a FG when Allen couldn't connect with Beasley.  So Allen was throwing to Beasley and Burrow was throwing to his three headed group of all pro WR's.

On their 2nd possession the Bengals got a 1st down near midfield and then Hamlin almost died.  How anyone can say Burrow outperformed Allen after only a half of the FIRST QUARTER had been played is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What is it with the weird memory lapses about the Hamlin game?  Burrow drove the Bengals for an easy TD.  Allen drove the Bills to a 1st & goal but they had to settle for a FG when Allen couldn't connect with Beasley.  So Allen was throwing to Beasley and Burrow was throwing to his three headed group of all pro WR's.

On their 2nd possession the Bengals got a 1st down near midfield and then Hamlin almost died.  How anyone can say Burrow outperformed Allen after only a half of the FIRST QUARTER had been played is beyond me.

It's all about the source.

If you read that poster's musings you'll be feeling a lot of that "How anyone can say .....  is beyond me."

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Didn't get it last year either.  Sure, Cinci moved the ball easily on us.  The Bills were also moving the ball easily.  Who knows what would have happened that game.  McD's defense could have adjusted.  Our O could have fell apart.  Josh might have been superman in a shootout. We could have gotten blown out. Anything could have happened. 

The game in the playoffs was a completely different game and doesn't justify peoples feelings on what could have happened in the first game.  We start slow all the time and people freak out in the GDT's.  Sometimes we go on to blow that opponent out.  Sometimes we still win close.  Sometimes we lose close.  We rarely get blown out.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The general theme on here is the Dolphins can't beat good teams. Hence, they aren't very good.  Correct? 

Just wondering why that theme doesn't apply to Buffalo this year. Scott, they haven't beaten anyone good. 

It's hypercritical of people to sling mud at the Dolphins when their record indicates similar results. 

It does apply.  The Bills suck.  We get it.  Anyone who thinks the Bills have a chance has no clue.  I am not even watching.  Gonna vacuum the garage. 

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care. Just like to see consistentency when fans talk about their team vs other teams. 

Bills really need to show up because this Bengals team is legitimately the most unlikeable group of players I’ve ever witnessed together on a team. 

Even more annoying is the nonstop faux outrage seems to work for them. 

We need to end that .. tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't care. Just like to see consistentency when fans talk about their team vs other teams. 

What consistency? Miami has been good enough to blow out weak opponents.  They haven't beaten a .500 or better team since a flukey Bills win last year.  All this is true.  Buffalo has shown they can beat good teams as they have done so.  Buffalo beat two teams this year that are 1 game below .500 right now.  They have also beaten Miami who is 6-3. Seems to me you just want to find ways to say the Bills suck.  You are in the wrong here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Bills really need to show up because this Bengals team is legitimately the most unlikeable group of players I’ve ever witnessed together on a team. 

Even more annoying is the nonstop faux outrage seems to work for them. 

We need to end that .. tonight. 

I hate them 100 times more than Kansas City and almost as much as our divisional rivals. They seem impossible to root for unless you're from Cincinnati 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Cincy might be “smelling themselves” a little after the last three weeks of winning. If the Bills don’t start out bad and fall behind by 14 in the first quarter, I think they will fight and scrap and pull out a hard-fought win.

Go Bills!!!!!!

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1

A bills win tonight could be huge in changing the whole season and a loss for the bengals would be a really big blow.  4 conference losses and it will make a real uphill battle to catch baltimore in that division.

having said that I think the afc east winner might only have 10 wins so a loss tonight wont end the season.  

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

I think Cincy might be “smelling themselves” a little after the last three weeks of winning. If the Bills don’t start out bad and fall behind by 14 in the first quarter, I think they will fight and scrap and pull out a hard-fought win.

Go Bills!!!!!!

definitely think the bills have to show early in this game they can take a punch and not flinch and keep fighting.  They did not in the playoff game.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.