11/5/23 Week #9 SNF GAMEDAY Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Greg Cosell breaks down game expectations. Stop Burrow on 1st down.

If Cosell is correct and the Bengals rush 3 and drop everyone else in coverage because of a hurry up offense, the run game is going to be big. Running out of hurry up is effective too. I hope they do this. Also, Josh can keep it and run. Please Cincy, drop all those people into coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That would be great.  Just keep pace in the division and win games and let everything sort itself out.

Big boy pants need to be on today given the events that unfolded in both games against Cinci’ last year…

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Will our 3 free agent signings be playing tonight? 

I've been hearing that Douglas won't play which makes sense due to the complexity of the Bills defensive schemes.  But I don't see why Fournette and Joseph couldn't play, and they both seem tailor-made for a game like this.

34 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

If Cosell is correct and the Bengals rush 3 and drop everyone else in coverage because of a hurry up offense, the run game is going to be big. Running out of hurry up is effective too. I hope they do this. Also, Josh can keep it and run. Please Cincy, drop all those people into coverage.

Unless it’s the draw from shotgun. That play never works 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've been hearing that Douglas won't play which makes sense due to the complexity of the Bills defensive schemes.  But I don't see why Fournette and Joseph couldn't play, and they both seem tailor-made for a game like this.

Yeah, agree. There’s no way I can expect a CB whose first day with the team was Wednesday to be active tonight. An RB or DT ? Sure. 

Gotta say regardless of how the defense performs, this game will come down to how Josh performs. If we get Josh from the Miami game I believe we can win. If we get josh from any other game this year, we lose. Of course that is outside some miraculous performance by the defense and special teams. 

I really think this will be the game that decides if Josh or Joe is a better QB

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Why do I feel like the season is hanging on this game?

Its a tough spot winning it does not really guarantee much of anything.  Losing it, doesn't end the season, but losing it will take the air out of a lot of sails. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Its a tough spot winning it does not really guarantee much of anything.  Losing it, doesn't end the season, but losing it will take the air out of a lot of sails. 

It’s too early to have it must win game

Got to say, though the patriots game is really tearing my ass They are not a good team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I imagine it's due to both how the season ended last year and this is the site of the Damar Hamlin situation. There's a certain amount of PTSD for Bills fans for how that game was going at the time of the incident and how the Bills were steamrolled in the Divisional Round.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s too early to have it must win game

Got to say, though the patriots game is really tearing my ass They are not a good team.

Bills should be 7-1 and cruising towards the #1 seed in the AFC.  Very frustrating season so far. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I can understand why you feel that way.

It’s not *literally* over if we lose, but it has that feeling of doom due to our upcoming schedule.

A loss today would give us 4 losses, with games against Philly, KC, Dallas, Miami, etc coming up.

It would also make us 2-4 in the conference, and that matters for tiebreakers. 

A loss today would give us little margin for error. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Gotta say regardless of how the defense performs, this game will come down to how Josh performs. If we get Josh from the Miami game I believe we can win. If we get josh from any other game this year, we lose. Of course that is outside some miraculous performance by the defense and special teams. 

One game won't decide that question. 

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Regardless how the defense plays? Really?

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I can understand why you feel that way.

It’s not *literally* over if we lose, but it has that feeling of doom due to our upcoming schedule.

A loss today would give us 4 losses, with games against Philly, KC, Dallas, Miami, etc coming up.

It would also make us 2-4 in the conference, and that matters for tiebreakers. 

A loss today would give us little margin for error. 

It's much too early to worry about margin for error.

It's probably their toughest matchup of the rest of the season because the Bengals have excelled at doing things that disrupt the Bills offense and defense, respectively.    They can dissect a bend-don't-break defense and confuse a QB who isn't on top of his game mentally........both Bills vulnerabilities.

But all the "doom" stuff from fans really causes me to roll my eyes...........the same sad-sack fans used to lament that there was no way for the Bills to beat the Chiefs and now they've largely outplayed KC in their last 3 meetings and won 2 of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's much too early to worry about margin for error.

It's probably their toughest matchup of the rest of the season because the Bengals have excelled at doing things that disrupt the Bills offense and defense, respectively.    They can dissect a bend-don't-break defense and confuse a QB who isn't on top of his game mentally........both Bills vulnerabilities.

But all the "doom" stuff from fans really causes me to roll my eyes...........the same sad-sack fans used to lament that there was no way for the Bills to beat the Chiefs and now they've largely outplayed KC in their last 3 meetings and won 2 of them.

You’re probably right. In fact, I know you’re right.

But I can understand the emotional reaction.

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

One game won't decide that question. 

Well it’ll be the third game in a row (Joe was tearing us up last year in the Damar game) Joe would have outperformed Josh, so…..

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Regardless how the defense plays? Really?

Yeah. If josh is ultra efficient and scores on most drives, we should win even if our defense has a mediocre game. 

if our defense plays solidly, like it has most of the season, but Josh is also just ok, like he has been most of the season, then we will lose. And I imagine it won’t be close in that case

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.